Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 15th August 2007, 16:36   #31
aks316

Is it better than honda city vtec.. i am confused between honda city vtec and chevrolet aveo 1.6 lt with airbags and abs.. aveo is VFM whereas honda city has better technology, average and reasale value.. which one should i go for.. i dont like verna, fiesta and sx4..
Old 15th August 2007, 20:57   #32
BHPian

There is something happening in GM on SUV front too. Wait for a couple of months and you would hear soon on it. Same way New fiesta is getting launched and Ford will be bringing couple of more new cars down the line in 14 months.
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 00:30   #33
aks316

hi.. since you have the aveo top model.. is the steering wheel too big as i heard it is very big and it is not comfortable.. if it is comfortable and you not having any problem with it than i may go for the top model.. i am planning to buy soon..
Old 20th September 2007, 07:32   #34
BHPian

The size of steering is same for all Aveo models except that the horn button placement is different in the model with Airbags (all models have it in the centre, the airbag one has two switches placed away from the centre). The size is not so big to cause you any discomfont. You might rub against the wheel while entry and exit, but this can be corrected with proper rake adjustment and seat height adjustment

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 13:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hi.. since you have the aveo top model.. is the steering wheel too big as i heard it is very big and it is not comfortable.. if it is comfortable and you not having any problem with it than i may go for the top model.. i am planning to buy soon..
Rest assured, you will not have any problem with the steering wheel. It is not big, but as Nirmal quoted, the horn button will have some "getting used to" do. Other than that, no issues in steering wheel. With adjustable steering wheel, adjustable height of the driver's seat, you will easily get a comfortable driving position.

In any case, do test drive the same model which you are planning to buy to understand the pro's & con's. Don't just test drive 1.4 & decide to buy 1.6 with ABS/airbags etc. There will be many changes in the feel of the car, both from driving aspects & also from looks.
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 20:11   #36
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Rest assured, you will not have any problem with the steering wheel. It is not big, but as Nirmal quoted, the horn button will have some "getting used to" do. Other than that, no issues in steering wheel. With adjustable steering wheel, adjustable height of the driver's seat, you will easily get a comfortable driving position.

In any case, do test drive the same model which you are planning to buy to understand the pro's & con's. Don't just test drive 1.4 & decide to buy 1.6 with ABS/airbags etc. There will be many changes in the feel of the car, both from driving aspects & also from looks.
hi.. does 1.6 have a different feel than 1.4 as someone told me 1.4 is nearlly as good as 1.6.. so whats your say on that.. and can you tell me the pros and cons of both the models 1.4 & 1.6.. is 1.6 worth as in perofrmance.. and to you which is better.. and do you think airbags and abs makes a difference as till today in india we dont give much importance to safety features like airbags abs.. thankz..
Old 20th September 2007, 21:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hi.. does 1.6 have a different feel than 1.4 as someone told me 1.4 is nearlly as good as 1.6.. so whats your say on that.. and can you tell me the pros and cons of both the models 1.4 & 1.6.. is 1.6 worth as in perofrmance.. and to you which is better.. and do you think airbags and abs makes a difference as till today in india we dont give much importance to safety features like airbags abs.. thankz..
I test drove 1.4 and 1.6 and found not much difference between them wrt performance. If FE is a concern go for 1.4.

Additionally 1.6 has alloys, spoiler, wooden panel interiors, chrome handles, chrome garnish on trunk, 2 DIN integrated music player, electric RVM. You can getter better alloys/spoliler from outside. Chrome handles can be added by paying around 3k. Same for chrome garnish on trunk. The 2 DIN music player has average performance. The player on 1.4 can be exchanged for cash discount and a better model purchased.

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 23:11   #38
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
I test drove 1.4 and 1.6 and found not much difference between them wrt performance. If FE is a concern go for 1.4.

Additionally 1.6 has alloys, spoiler, wooden panel interiors, chrome handles, chrome garnish on trunk, 2 DIN integrated music player, electric RVM. You can getter better alloys/spoliler from outside. Chrome handles can be added by paying around 3k. Same for chrome garnish on trunk. The 2 DIN music player has average performance. The player on 1.4 can be exchanged for cash discount and a better model purchased.

Nirmal
hi thankz for the reply.. can i get airbags and abs in the 1.4 model.. ? and ya i want to get alloys from outside and i dont like too much of chrome.. and i want to install pioneer system.. so the only thing which is making me go for 1.6 is the performance, keyless entry, airbags and abs, hood insulation, electric rvm.. so what do u say..
Old 21st September 2007, 00:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

You cant get ABS in 1.4 not Airbags.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 23:26   #40
BHPian

Default Aveo ...

Quote:
since you have the aveo top model.. is the steering wheel too big as i heard it is very big and it is not comfortable.. if it is comfortable and you not having any problem with it than i may go for the top model.. i am planning to buy soon..
I have been driving an Aveo since August 2007 and no such issues. In fact some of my colleaues who own Balenos, Santros and Indicas found the Aveo steering to be quite nice. Some people (especially those with short thumbs) may find it difficult to honk without stretching their thumbs too much. Again, I nevel felt that was a problem. Someone mentioned about the car being sluggish when the AC is on; this is only to be expected in a car as the engine has to share the extra duty. Other problems that plagued the earlier version have been sorted out by GM and the present one, IMO, is a VFM car. Good looks, exciitng interior, good FE, dream-like drive quality, solid build quality. May be it does not give you the "back against the seat" feeling when you step on the acceleartor. If that is your priority, then please look at other cars.
Sagittarian is offline   Reply With Quote