Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2007, 07:14   #961
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Even if you change filter to green (Which is not recommended by Maruti) the warranty would be void.
DieselFan is offline  
Old 6th October 2007, 12:15   #962
BHPian
 
vijit.gangwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 106
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

I too have a swift DDIS, some body told me once that synthetic oil does not work well in our weather condition......does anybody know anything about this....I too am interested in changing to Mobil 1.
vijit.gangwar is offline  
Old 6th October 2007, 16:34   #963
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
I too have a swift DDIS, some body told me once that synthetic oil does not work well in our weather condition......does anybody know anything about this....I too am interested in changing to Mobil 1.
As far as i know there is no such issues with synthetic. I am changing to Mobil1 on wednesday.

Quote:
Even if you change filter to green (Which is not recommended by Maruti) the warranty would be void.
Maruti themselves use Green for oil filter, however if you know your dealer well then no warranty issues.
BUSA is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 09:26   #964
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am facing two probelms in my LDi :-

1) I turn the ignition on the first time . nothing happens just a "click". So i turn it off and on it the second time the engine cranks up in a jiffy . this happens only when the engine is shut off for more than 7-8 mins. Wat the hell is happening ?

2) Constant problem with engaging the reverse gear , it falls in the slot only after 3- 4 attempts sometimes , my second service is due next month , do i get it fixed then or do i let it be as it is ?

Edit : just went to the parking lot the problem seems to have aggravated the engine was not cranking in the third or fourth attempts just a click sound ( I think of the spark plug).So after turning the ignition on I waited for 5-6 seconds and then cranked the engine the engine started , what could be the problem ? Sulphur deposits, spark plug problems ?

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 10th October 2007 at 09:37.
nikunj_cal is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 11:04   #965
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

No spark plug is diesel engines.
It must be your battery...
anandpadhye is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 11:23   #966
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,963 Times
Default

I have a weird problem in my viva crdi. When i start from cold ( either in morning or while going back home from office) the first few kms ( upto 3-4km) i notice that when i slot the gear in 1st and press accelarator, no response and then immediately slot to 2nd and it moves a bit ahead and then press accelarator and no response, so i slot to 3rd and car lurches foward at great speed even without accelaration.

Above saga goes on for 3-4kms and then the car becomes absolutely smooth. I drive 20km each way to work. My 3rd service is due in a weeks time so waiting to get everything resolved at a time.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 11:39   #967
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,402
Thanked: 4,680 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I am facing two probelms in my LDi :-

1) I turn the ignition on the first time . nothing happens just a "click". So i turn it off and on it the second time the engine cranks up in a jiffy . this happens only when the engine is shut off for more than 7-8 mins. Wat the hell is happening ?
I faced a similar problem with my Ikon. In my case this happened but I ignored. then one fine day the car refused to crank at the petrol pump and just didnt start even after a lot of trials.

I called up the ford helpline and explained the situation to the guy. He told me that it looked like a defective ignition switch and would cost approx a 1000 bucks.

As I was speaking to them, the car cranked and I drove it home. The next day, my brother took it to the service station who adjusted the switch. Its working fine now.

Hope it helps.
Eddy is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 12:26   #968
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I am facing two probelms in my LDi :-

1) I turn the ignition on the first time . nothing happens just a "click". So i turn it off and on it the second time the engine cranks up in a jiffy . this happens only when the engine is shut off for more than 7-8 mins. Wat the hell is happening ?
Also get the starter solenoid checked. I had a similar problem in my zen and it was found to be the starter solenoid.
mtnrajdeep is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 12:31   #969
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Ok now the problem seems to have been rectified, been to the parking lot every 75 to 80 mins or so after my post and tried starting the car is cranking at one go, it seems to be the starter problem at present!!
nikunj_cal is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 12:34   #970
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have a weird problem in my viva crdi. When i start from cold ( either in morning or while going back home from office) the first few kms ( upto 3-4km) i notice that when i slot the gear in 1st and press accelarator, no response and then immediately slot to 2nd and it moves a bit ahead and then press accelarator and no response, so i slot to 3rd and car lurches foward at great speed even without accelaration.

Above saga goes on for 3-4kms and then the car becomes absolutely smooth. I drive 20km each way to work. My 3rd service is due in a weeks time so waiting to get everything resolved at a time.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Mobike i dunnow but i face this problem sometimes with a difference however. Sometime when I am driving at a low speed and then switch to a higher gear the car automatically increases the speed without any accelerator being pressed . Funny isnt it . However no problems in first gear, second gear or whatsoever

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 10th October 2007 at 12:35.
nikunj_cal is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 13:48   #971
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,963 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Mobike i dunnow but i face this problem sometimes with a difference however. Sometime when I am driving at a low speed and then switch to a higher gear the car automatically increases the speed without any accelerator being pressed . Funny isnt it . However no problems in first gear, second gear or whatsoever
What your experiencing is absolutely normal. Its that ways with all diesel cars as their gear ratios are tuned in such a way that you slot to higher gear the car lurches forward without having to press the gas. High torque of diesel cars also help here to a large extent to ensure you are cruising at lower speeds in higher gears.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 14:23   #972
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Nah . the problem still there the car did not start in the first go, i think I will stop fiddling with it and take it to the repair shop , there goes my mood for the week !!!!
nikunj_cal is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 14:53   #973
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,402
Thanked: 4,680 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Nah . the problem still there the car did not start in the first go, i think I will stop fiddling with it and take it to the repair shop , there goes my mood for the week !!!!
Dont worry dude, its nothing major.. the worst will be your ignition switch will be replaced. But I think a slight adjustment will solve the problem.


All the best.
Eddy is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 16:11   #974
BHPian
 
kartikkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore...not Bengaluru
Posts: 214
Thanked: Once
Default

Warranty will not be void with a change in air filter. Checked with my dealer and he confirmed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Even if you change filter to green (Which is not recommended by Maruti) the warranty would be void.
kartikkumar is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 16:57   #975
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Worst of all lucks, many workshops here are already closed for the pujas and are not accepting bookings !!
nikunj_cal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD! Jaggu Long-Term Ownership Reviews 2988 21st September 2017 11:10
My ka Laal: Swift - Oye VDi, VDi Oye! - 12 months, 29.3k km UPDATE phamilyman Long-Term Ownership Reviews 89 7th May 2010 17:13
Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? Tapan The Indian Car Scene 49 1st June 2009 18:19
Swift VDI/Ford Ikon D/Swift Dzire Diesel udit78 Hatchbacks 12 28th February 2009 23:54
Swift VDI or Getz GLX-6L Budget EDIT: Bought VDI agm Hatchbacks 29 11th April 2008 22:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks