Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 20:40   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Has anyone tried to see if the clock with temperature readings on SX4 will fit in the swift slot ?

cool idea dude but somehow i feel that the sx4 clock is taller than the small swift clock , but if done it will look really cool !!
Old 8th June 2007, 21:47   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as of now my dealer does not have any stock of the digital clock. i have asking him for the past 3 weeks and he keep repeating the same answer. is the clock available outside?
Even my dealer doesnot have stock, he does have but they have problems so he said wait for new stock and when i went to other shops they had it but the guy told me to install it only from MUL since its not easy and these clocks(outside) ones are not that reliable.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:31   #393
BHPian

Gear issue

Hi friends,
Have any of you noticed a slight thump when shifting in to 1st gear occassionally, even with the clutch depressed completely? The car doesnt move but can feel a small thump - is difficult to recreate at will as well. Did bring it to the notice of the service advisor, but he didnt seem to have any clue and wanted the car to run a bit more. It has done around 1500 kms so far.
I used to feel this in the Indica, but seems to have become ok over time.
Old 10th June 2007, 15:34   #394
Team-BHP Support

i think its your gears clashing, gear box has double synchromesh for 1st and 2nd gear but sometimes will clash, double de clutch before slotting gear is an easy way to solve it and yes it will come down as the kms increases.
Old 10th June 2007, 16:58   #395
Senior - BHPian

My car has gone for first service today and was expected today itself but unfortuanetely there is oil leakage from the gearbox and the seal is not available today so i will get the car tomorrow. Boy service is expensive Rs. 800 for oil, my first service (1k) 2nd(10k) & 3rd(20k) was totally 0 for my Optra which included change of oil, airfilter, oil filter, etc now thats whats called free service, kudos to GM.
Old 10th June 2007, 17:05   #396
Team-BHP Support

even if service is free you still have to pay for consumables like oil. If your 1st service was free from GM as well as your 10K service then they haven't really changed your oil, oil filter and air filter.

AFAIK no manufacturer will do that for free. Pls. confirm once again.
Old 10th June 2007, 17:34   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
even if service is free you still have to pay for consumables like oil. If your 1st service was free from GM as well as your 10K service then they haven't really changed your oil, oil filter and air filter.

No i didnot pay a single rupee, consumables were included in the free service and i can be sure they did the routine service with all the changes at their cost without charging me anything. Infact at 15,000kms i went for a KnN Conical filter so on 20k service they put a brand new air filter in the boot of my car, the oil they use is Elf And yeah my 1k, 10k and 20k services were free, this is what GM calls service holiday.
Old 10th June 2007, 17:47   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

There are some dealers in our area, providing Free package of consumables oil, oil filter etc. with the 3 free services as a gift to the customer. It is basically to bring them back to their workshops rather than to other MASS. But this is available for petrol swifts only :-(
Old 10th June 2007, 18:32   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. A hyundai free service actually means it is free. I didnot pay a single rupee till the free services ran out. You don't even pay for oil.

Drifter
Old 10th June 2007, 18:41   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No i didnot pay a single rupee, consumables were included in the free service and i can be sure they did the routine service with all the changes at their cost without charging me anything. Infact at 15,000kms i went for a KnN Conical filter so on 20k service they put a brand new air filter in the boot of my car, the oil they use is Elf And yeah my 1k, 10k and 20k services were free, this is what GM calls service holiday.
Yes Busa is Right GM does not charge for OIL during free service i was even surprised but thats where GM is bit different from other manufacturers.
Old 10th June 2007, 18:47   #401
Team-BHP Support

wow, now that i dint know. free consumables. that is really good.
Old 10th June 2007, 22:11   #402
BHPian

So does that mean no consumable charge for the Chevy Spark ???
Old 11th June 2007, 00:03   #403
BHPian

Hey Nikunj, just saw your photo galler, nice pics. Can you tell me how much you paid for those Fog lamps and Left OVRM ?

Did you got them from M.A.S.S or aftermarket ?
Old 11th June 2007, 09:41   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
So does that mean no consumable charge for the Chevy Spark ???
Yes, no charge at all for free services
Old 11th June 2007, 10:44   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
My car has gone for first service today and was expected today itself but unfortuanetely there is oil leakage from the gearbox and the seal is not available today so i will get the car tomorrow. Boy service is expensive Rs. 800 for oil, my first service (1k) 2nd(10k) & 3rd(20k) was totally 0 for my Optra which included change of oil, airfilter, oil filter, etc now thats whats called free service, kudos to GM.
how come they've charged Rs.800 for Oil? they charged Rs.623 in total during my first service. and that included oil change. But i did not have any issues like your gear box oil leak.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks