Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st April 2013, 19:21   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Trubo

The replacement O-rings were finally delivered to Prerana Motors. Two small black rings, with a circular cross-section. The cost of each - just Rs 85/- ! And these two could have caused a full compressor to have been junked. But the service team at Prerana motors ensured the issue was escalated to TML, and the parts arranged for. TML also deserves the credit and applause for having responded to this parts request.

Kudo's to every one there !

condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 20:41   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Sumo, Tata !

SO, a week short of 7 years & 5 months. A journey of 78300 km comes to an end as the Sumo heads off to it's new home. And I wish the new owners & the Sumo a long, happy new phase.

Was a strange feeling to let go. Have spent a lot of time & effort on it. Had not let any one else touch it. All the DIY's I did. The efforts my SA & the team at Prerana Motors had put in.

But the separation softened by knowing that it is not with a stranger, but close to a friend & Fellow TBHP-ian.

Had already washed the Sumo earlier, and a quick interior cleaning yesterday. So today, on D-day, stepped out of work as soon as I got a chance. A last drive to drop wife at her office. Then off for a wheel alignment, and emission testing.

That's Jani, at Madhu's on Kanakapura Road, doing the WA:
Name:  FinalChecks.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  99.2 KB

Gathered some spares I had collected, and all the service history. A quick introduction to the vehicle, before saying my byes.

A thanks to every one who have been with me on my long journey in the Sumo. And best wishes to the new owners .. and my good old friend !
condor is offline   (15) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 22:31   #243
BHPian

Oh! Thats news Condor. What next? Safari or Storme or bye bye to Tata? Anyway sure u enjoyed the victa and i think even the new owner will enjoy it easily for few more years. Since u had maintained it very well. Looking forward to your new posts with new vehicle.
SuMo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:26   #244
BHPian

Default Re: Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Turbo

Sad to see the only tata sumo long term thread come to an end.Hope the new owner continues the ownership thread on the forum.

I am curious as to what replaces your Tata sumo!
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 10:37   #245
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Turbo

Parwath all good things come to an end someday man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I am curious as to what replaces your Tata sumo!
There is always a silence before the Storm' . Wait up .
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 21:55   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was a strange feeling to let go.
Hi Condor, That was one awesome SUMO ownership coming to an end. I can understand the feelings as I too have gone through similiar emotions(almost every 4 years!).

Your new ride is going to take it's place sooner with much more loyalty
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:20   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuMo View Post
Oh! Thats news Condor. What next? Safari or Storme or bye bye to Tata? Anyway sure u enjoyed the victa and i think even the new owner will enjoy it easily for few more years.
Thanks, SuMo. No Tata to Tata !

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Sad to see the only tata sumo long term thread come to an end.Hope the new owner continues the ownership thread on the forum.
We should get regular updates, and will share anything I get. Yes, let's wish the new owners a long happy ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Condor, That was one awesome SUMO ownership coming to an end.

Your new ride is going to take it's place sooner with much more loyalty

Thanks, Surya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Parwath all good things come to an end someday man.
Thanks, Riju. I have had my fun with the Sumo, both on the road, and with all the DIY's. The time I spent with it has taught me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
There is always a silence before the Storm' . Wait up .
And the wait's over. The Storme's home now ! Looking forward even better times with the Storme !
condor is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:48   #248
BHPian

Hi Condor,
Congratulations on the Storme... I am sure that your will keep posting your experiences with the new vehicle and am also pretty sure that it will be a far better owner ship experience this time.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:17   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a couple of months before I got a chance to see your Truck maintained in impeccable condition. A DIY guy myself, It was great to see details of the Damping/Sound deadening that you have done for the Sumo.

It is always an emotional feeling to let go a cherished automobile that has served you for years on journeys you took up.

I am sure you will have an equally memorable journey on the new set of wheels you have acquired.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:42   #250
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And the wait's over. The Storme's home now ! Looking forward even better times with the Storme !
Congrats on the Storme Condor! Look forward to your ownership thread and experience. What version did you pick up? Must be quite a jump in power from the IDI Sumo engine.
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:39   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Trubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
I am seriously considering Sumo Gold as my next car in a few weeks.
@Koushik, fast driver or not, please do check at least the LX version of the Storme. Else, at least the Dicor. Or any thing in similar range. The difference is huge ! You are not in 2007 or so to be looking only at the Gold. There are more contemporary options available.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 11:45   #252
BHPian

Default Re: Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Trubo

Quote:
@Koushik, fast driver or not, please do check at least the LX version of the Storme. Else, at least the Dicor. Or any thing in similar range. The difference is huge ! You are not in 2007 or so to be looking only at the Gold. There are more contemporary options available.
OK ...surely I will give a try to LX version of Storme . I like the wider track of Storme. Also my friends are not happy with my choice of Gold. I will follow your observation on storme and take decision only after the monsoon.
koushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 17:25   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are more contemporary options available.
Sir,
A fantastic thread you have put up, when do we get to see the new car's thread? Would be waiting for it.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 09:49   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Post-ownership Update:

The Sumo is doing well, happily munching miles. Odo is currently at about 1.3L. That is about 40k in 1.5 years !

The stock Bridgestone HT 689's were finally changed last year at about 97k of running.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 15:16   #255
BHPian

Default Re: 7 yrs, 2 months / 76800 km

Quote:
Update @ 76.8k:

Sumo back home today after more than a week at Prerana motors. The A/c acted up again, with no cooling. Compressor does get engaged, but no cooling at all. There seems to be a small leakage of the refrigerant gas somewhere. This problem has occured earlier, but since no specific leak was found, a dye added to the refrigerant gas so that we could find the location of the leak. But no trace of leaks found.

Mr.Condor, I noticed the same type of problem with my new Sumo Gold GX as well. Although there is no loss of cooling, there is a constant dripping I feel around my left ankle right around the clutch somewhere. Initially I dismissed it as condensation but I am thinking maybe I need to get it checked.

Quote:

One other change: switched from regular air to Nitrogen in the tyres. There is a small, yet perceptible difference with the Sumo feeling less bouncy, and seems to go smoother over rough surfaces.found.
How much should this ideally cost for all 5 tyres?

Thank you.
vasant.guru@gma is offline   Reply With Quote