Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th April 2007, 23:22   #16
BHPian

[quote=manikjeet;418311]i hope the axel haven't packed so soon
and they don't make cars like they use to

i recently test drove a new alto 07 model and i have a first lot alto the bulid quality has fallen my 5 year old alto feels so solid after 5 year the newer one couldn't match to it you can actually feel the cheap plastic by just touching it

Hi,

It's Not 5 year old, even i compared with 2005 model, it's very cheap plastic they have used, & very bumpy ride i feel with march 2007 model, quality of ride has came down drastically. very tight power steering more noise of engine, hard clutch, i think maruti cheating the people very nicely in case of alto......
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 11:20   #17

I checked the FE this time around.... it had dropped from 11.4 to 9.4. These new figures are after the first service... need to check it once again.

I checked the air pressure since I had not got it checked since I bought it... I was shocked to see that the pressure in ALL the 4 tyres were 46! The recommended one is 33. I have no idea why this happened... I wodner what kind of inspection was done by Mandovi guys... I used to feel that suspension was very hard.... never realized that this kind of deviation would be there... I need to keep a close watch on this.... I just drove at 140k on the weekend... god saved me with this kind of tyre pressure
shch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:13   #18

Angry

Swift VXi with ABS (bought in March 2007. It has run 11,500 as on June 2008)

- I have been facing problem with brake noise and it is getting worse. It is more like a jammed noise

- It happens when the car is stationary for a long time. (Typically when I am going back home from office, after the car has been idle for 10 hours)

- It is more like a drum noise... some kind of 2 metal pieces in contact (droooooom).... It is coming from the front side... so it has to be from the disc brakes. I can feel the friction in the steering as well as the brake pedal

I had been to Mandovi in Feb, they said it must be coming from the near wheels. They said it is a "feature" of Swift... it happens when the hand brakes are applied... it takes some time for the spring to release the brakes and it would have this friction noise until it gets heated. They said it is common in most swifts and I need not worry. They said it was also checked by Maruti engineers and they say it is not a problem.
- the officer also took for a short drive and applied the brakes at high speed... he said everything is fine. in case of any jams, it would have toppled was his opinion...

I was not convinced... I hoped that this would get resolved in the 12th month service... when I asked them to check all the 4 brakes.

It did not help....

Recently, I parked the car by not applying the hand brakes.... the problem was found again!! So, it can't be with the due to the handbrakes' spring on the rear wheels.

The noise is found only when the car is stationary for a long time... it disappears once it covers 2 or 3 kms...

I checked with my colleague who has a ZXi... he has not found this problem..

The issue is that by the time I take it to Mandovi at yeshwanthpur service station, the problem would have disappeared. :-(

Have any of you found this problem in your cars? Any suggestions on getting this resolved....
I am worried about the excessive wear and tear of the brake pads / discs

I dont feel confident to drive it on the highway with this problem...

suggestions / help please :-)
shch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 19:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> The noise is found only when the car is stationary for a long time... it
> disappears once it covers 2 or 3 kms...

Raise the rear end in turn and try to turn the wheels manually.

> I checked with my colleague who has a ZXi... he has not found this
> problem..

Do the same with your friend's ZXi.

You should be able to see whether your wheels turn as smoothly as his.

Most likely is the dust in the rear brake drums.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote