Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 17:23   #31
BHPian
 
mahadev_kc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 318
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Awesome and well maintained car..
<<
EDIT: Guys just to add some info on buying decision. This is what I read - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...palio-s10.html and said to myself "Palio is my car!">>

Wow!! you are a second person to base your purchase decision after mine (I guess, amit will demand one more cheque from FIAT )
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-charges.html

You chose the FRed, I chose CYellow, but only thing is you got 85K discount, but I didn't..

Request you to share your knowledge on this Car's in & out for the benefit of fellow TBHP'ians..
mahadev_kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 17:54   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is it that hard to find? I have seen a good number of Palios with after-market alloys. Am sure competent dealers could source the same. Or is it?
My cousin had an aft mkt alloy with 98pcd drilled into them.. and it wobbles badly > 120 KMPH. So its not recommended.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 15:50   #33
BHPian
 
carfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Udupi
Posts: 559
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

guys please dont fit anything otherthan 98 pcd alloys-i fitted 100pcd ones and am regretting big time,so much so that i have decided to go back to the oem alloys now!!all sort of problems have cropped up-the situation has given me sleep-less nights in the past!!

good review moralfibre-my 1.6 has done around 11400kms now,but am too lazy to type out a long-term review yaar!!keep enjoying!!
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 15:54   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
guys please dont fit anything otherthan 98 pcd alloys-i fitted 100pcd ones and am regretting big time,so much so that i have decided to go back to the oem alloys now!!all sort of problems have cropped up-the situation has given me sleep-less nights in the past!!

good review moralfibre-my 1.6 has done around 11400kms now,but am too lazy to type out a long-term review yaar!!keep enjoying!!
Hey carfreak, I think you sold off the OEM alloys, didn't you? I think Hydra has a set of 98PCD alloys on his 1.2? I am not too sure though but read it somewhere on the forum itself.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 17:22   #35
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

yes hydra does have 98pcd on his 1.2 but they are 15r.and if i am right they are HR,right hydra?
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 18:11   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,897
Thanked: 2,478 Times
Default

Great review Kiran.

Didnt knew about the Goa feat, great drive man :-)

Your babe is one of the best shining cars I have come across, but please get a less dusty parking for her or get a cover, will save you lots of effort :-)

People you can know how much this guy loves his Palio as a mere mention of his Steed brings a twinkle in his eyes & a smile which he can hardly hide
Technocrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 18:58   #37
BHPian
 
spindoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 289
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
This is very weird. Dropped my car off for its 30,000 km service at Fortune Cars, Powai - yes it was orginally a Tata dealership - and there was a spanking new 1.6 Stile Sport - in black. Could not take pix, but rest assured, I shall have them by today evening.

Moral - long review - shows you love the car.
@TypeO, that's music to my ears! Please post pics and if possible a review(!) soon!

@Moral - yeah, your car's a beau and your comments clearly highlight how much you adore and care for her!
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 23:43   #38
BHPian
 
carfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Udupi
Posts: 559
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

@moralfibre-yeah you are right,i sold off my oe alloys(to none other than maxbhp!)and now i am going to buy a new set all over again.but first i will try to get a 98pcd alloy from the tyre shop here in ekm.

@payam-yes,hydrashock's running 15"HR alloys with 205/50r15 tyres.he was lucky to get 98pcd!
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 12:02   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,705
Thanked: 89,160 Times
Default

Here you go, Palio lovers. Considered Aura? They have atleast 13 designs available for the Palio in 98 PCD!!

Linky to Aura
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 12:23   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Here you go, Palio lovers. Considered Aura? They have atleast 13 designs available for the Palio in 98 PCD!!

Linky to Aura
Yup considered them. Majority of them are 13 inch and the design pattern looks poorer than the stock rims IMO.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 00:03   #41
BHPian
 
carfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Udupi
Posts: 559
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

problem with aura is that most of the designs for the palio are in 13".and almost all their designs lack flair!!anyway,thats what i feel.better than that would be to stick to the oe alloys.the floral pattern of the oe alloys is a turn-off but is a safer choice!!
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 01:24   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,636
Thanked: 1,262 Times
Default

Hey moral,
amazing review of your Sport.
Really mine ours after reading the review. Infat, at this point, i am trying to convince my parents to buy one more be it used or second hand but that is not coming out to well even though my dad is very fond of Fiats (specially the siena).
I remember seeing quite a few Palio 1.6's fitted with aftermaret alloys. One being the MKraft alloys and the other one being an electric blue one with amazing 15" alloys. But i don't know if they are 98PCD or not.
If i do find some intresting designs, i'll take some snaps and upload it here.
Cheers bro. Enjoy the car and don't ever let her go...... unless the upgrade happens to be the Grande Punto.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 08:17   #43
BHPian
 
etchemkay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 151
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Great review "nano"
You've just inspired me to get going with a review of my Palio 1.2 NV. I should be hitting the 10K in a month or so anyway. Would be a good time to post a review.
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 03:16   #44
BHPian
 
roms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Hey I'm late for the party.Nevertheless, that was a typical Palio Lover's report.Something to ponder on... Palio owners are palio lovers right? But unlike other cars, Palio is considered as a masculine machine....so that makes us............. Ahem, stupid thought that!HAHA, I guess the same goes for SX4 owners now.

Anyways, may your love affair with her/him last forever! Great report Kiran.Its funny actually,I thought your car might be heavily modded, atleast thats the first thing that came to my head when I saw the pictures of your car.I'm surprised its completely stock.Surprised because I've heard a lot about you helping others with their perfomance mods on Palios.

As for the alloys, here's a picture of the Alfa Romeo 147 hatch, with those telephone dial alloys :-



Its not a clear shot, but look closely and you will see the similarity.

Here's the Alfa 147 GTA ,but these are the "propah" telephone dial alloys :-






Lovely car, lovely wheels and even more lovely power - 250 bhp 3.2 L V6 and 338 BHP!! with Autodelta 3.7L V6.Probably the world's most powerful front wheel drive hatch (in stock form).But its an understeering bombshell!

Before going too much OT, I'd say these telephone alloys on the Palio do look hot when in motion, infact they are much better than the S10's alloys.

Last edited by roms : 12th May 2007 at 03:30.
roms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 08:14   #45
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I remember seeing quite a few Palio 1.6's fitted with aftermaret alloys. One being the MKraft alloys and the other one being an electric blue one with amazing 15" alloys. But i don't know if they are 98PCD or not.
I haven't seen MKraft alloys yet but knew MKraft to be a tuner from Bombay?

Quote:
If i do find some intresting designs, i'll take some snaps and upload it here.
Cheers bro. Enjoy the car and don't ever let her go...... unless the upgrade happens to be the Grande Punto.
Pls upload some snaps. It will be great help to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Great review "nano"
You've just inspired me to get going with a review of my Palio 1.2 NV. I should be hitting the 10K in a month or so anyway. Would be a good time to post a review.
I beat you to the 10k :-P. Now what on earth is "Nano"? Is it something from the meet day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Hey I'm late for the party.Nevertheless, that was a typical Palio Lover's report.Something to ponder on... Palio owners are palio lovers right? But unlike other cars, Palio is considered as a masculine machine....so that makes us............. Ahem, stupid thought that!HAHA, I guess the same goes for SX4 owners now.
Exactly. If you saw the latest video releases from Fiat they only talk about passion. I wish they get some passion themselves.

Quote:
Anyways, may your love affair with her/him last forever! Great report Kiran.Its funny actually,I thought your car might be heavily modded, atleast thats the first thing that came to my head when I saw the pictures of your car.I'm surprised its completely stock.Surprised because I've heard a lot about you helping others with their perfomance mods on Palios.
It indeed will unless of course the Grande Punto comes in with a 1.9 JTD and nothing less! But still this is the first car I bought with my own hard earned money and it will always remain my loved one.

Quote:
Before going too much OT, I'd say these telephone alloys on the Palio do look hot when in motion, infact they are much better than the S10's alloys.
I completely agree with you. I do not dislike the alloy wheel design. In fact as you said, it looks very nice when in motion. take a look at this picture taken by BSM for instance:

moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms Rahulkool Long-Term Ownership Reviews 215 4th April 2016 10:56
2001 Lancer GLXi 65k kms or 2006 Palio 1.6 sport 18k kms? Steer4Ever What Car? 23 30th September 2011 19:52
Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport - First paid service report at Greentracks Mad Max Indian Car Dealerships 16 6th September 2010 18:31
FIAT Palio 1.2 NV Sport EDIT - 17000 kms Update neoonwheels Long-Term Ownership Reviews 16 15th March 2010 10:25
Magnesium Grey Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport: Owner's experience EDIT: Now at 45,000 Kms codemarauder Long-Term Ownership Reviews 90 19th August 2009 16:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks