Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2009, 08:14   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Very nice review please upload some pics of the car.

Spares for this car are available but you need to look for them a bit.
Mine too is the Same model 1997 M-800 Ionion Blue, done 2.26 lacs kms. But lot of mods done mechanically, rest all remain stock. Must say this last batch of 800's look much better than the ones came in later.

Spares are never a problem, they are available in plenty, its just that the carb is removed and made way for injectors and a simple ECU.

Without pics, this review is
Old 5th September 2009, 12:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Very nice review please upload some pics of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Without pics, this review is
Hi guys,
here are few pics of my car.Hope you like them.
Attached Images

sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2009, 16:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pavan and Sumeet, my wife also has a 1997 M800 done about 440XX kms. It a breeze to drive in the city but sometimes the ride becomes a bit too bumpy.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Pavan and Sumeet, my wife also has a 1997 M800 done about 440XX kms. It a breeze to drive in the city but sometimes the ride becomes a bit too bumpy.
Hi mileCruncher,before we had the Maruti we had a Premier Padmini and belive me when i got in the back seat of the Maruti i just was not happy with cradle like rocking that the car did when going over rough roads.

I used to curse MUL for having such a terrible rear suspension.Neverthless now after all these years i have got so much used to the bumps that it really doesn't matter anymore.

Old 8th September 2009, 21:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hi mileCruncher,before we had the Maruti we had a Premier Padmini and belive me when i got in the back seat of the Maruti i just was not happy with cradle like rocking that the car did when going over rough roads.

I used to curse MUL for having such a terrible rear suspension.Neverthless now after all these years i have got so much used to the bumps that it really doesn't matter anymore.

Old 19th September 2009, 23:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Mods, can the thread be renamed to
Maruti 800 97 model 30500 KMS

thanks
Old 20th September 2009, 17:14   #22
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Sumeet,

A neat review. Liked the pics of the car as well. Reminds me of the days when I had my M800 (May 1996 model)

Nice to see the tacho you have fitted. Have you any plans of fixing the a/c?

Regards,
gpa
Old 20th September 2009, 21:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Sumeet,

A neat review. Liked the pics of the car as well. Reminds me of the days when I had my M800 (May 1996 model)

Nice to see the tacho you have fitted. Have you any plans of fixing the a/c?

Regards,
gpa
Thanks GPA,I was actually inspired to revive this thread after i read your lto review on Alto.

Weren't you going get a Tacho fitted on your Alto as well ?

As for the A/c i am just going to let it go.I have learnt to drive without it.I just use the fan vents when driving in the heat i guess.I like to listen to
the exhaust note so even if a get it fixed i may end up not using it much.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:58   #24
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Thanks GPA,I was actually inspired to revive this thread after i read your lto review on Alto. Weren't you going get a Tacho fitted on your Alto as well ?
Ah Sumeet, the tacho project is still on. Am on a hunt to track down a dealer for Autoguage in BLR. Do you have any inputs on this? Or is there someone I can contact in Mumbai who can help out?

My quest to fit the A-Star's tacho was finally brought to an end as the tacho sourced it's signal from the ECU and not from the ignition coil.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:55   #25
BHPian

I also owned Maruthi 800 1997 model Jan Green colour for all these years it made only 26000 Kms there was not any big issues with the car it was reliable it ran with original tyres before i sold two months back for Rs.75,000 and have bought ANHC AT

The only modifications i made in the car was Roots horn, Halogen Philips Head lights, Sanyo Audio system with four pioneer speakers, A/c, seat covers, and sunfilm all others remained same.
Old 28th September 2009, 14:31   #26
BHPian

Nice inputs by Bhpians. Good review more descriptive and vivid. Just wondering if anyone might post old maruti 800 reviews with mods in the ac cooling system.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Default Got the Brakes Overhauled

Hi,
due to a funny incident with one of the wheels locking up whilst driving i gave the car for a complete brake overhaul job.Changed the pads,brake liners,girlings at the rear.Also got all the wheel bearings of all 4 wheels replaced along with CV joint (left side).

After the changes were done i felt the car running much smoothly than before.My mechanic suggested that i must have not heard the bearing noise due to my FFE.I bet i am gonna get a extra kmpl or 2 after the repair.The car has become much responsive and eager than before.

Also the brakes feel safe and confident.I guess i was holding on the repair works as i knew it would cost me a bit

Here's the break up of parts

4 wheel bearings 300 Rs
Grease 100 Rs
Brake Pads 250 Rs
Axle Boot 50 Rs
Liners & girlings 863 Rs
Brake Oil 60 Rs
Labor 1100 Rs
------------------------------
Total 2723 Rs

I think the labor is on the higher side a bit but maybe some of you guys can suggest whether the prices i paid are right

:-)
Old 17th October 2009, 18:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Engine Heating problem.

Had a engine heating problem today.Below is the link to the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1536460 (Radiator Fan Blues.)

Due for a fix tommorow , hope this does not cost a bomb as the brakes did as it is really started to hurt my wallet and faith in the car.

Thankfully she did not let me stranded waiting for help but just had me waiting for her to cool down by the side of the road.Funny part ,as i was doing all the waiting and watching the coolant hissing and fuming i was getting messages from friends wishing me a "Happy Diwali" (today being diwali).Well what can i say now.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

To make a long story short had to replace the fan unit today after it stopped working again today.

Details are at the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1582445 (Radiator Fan Blues.)

Damage was 1650+150.

It seems my car is the most garage happy car in the world.I have observed except for the month of sep this year my car has been to a garage for some sort of work every month.

Now isin't there a thread somewhere (i try to search but can't seem to find it) which talks about people being compulsively taking their car to the garages all the time,i think i should get the top honors for the which is most been to the garage.
Old 25th December 2009, 19:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default Carb overhaul done.

I finally got the carb overhauled after putting it off for quite a while.Also switched to NGK's from Champions however as af now i am not happy with the outcome as i am finding the car to be a little jerky.

I am going to give it some time,drive it for a while and see if it settles down to the smooth drive i had just yesterday.The carb o/h cost me
350 bucks labor plus 250 for the fuel kit.The NGK's were puchased
before for 240 bucks.Overall i am a little dissapointed with the ways she drives now but will wait.I guess that's the reason why i was hesistant in going for the overhaul as once everything is opened up it may not be as smooth as before.

Earlier was getting a platry 12 kmpl and am hoping it will improve as the guy who did the job mentioned there the carb was pretty dirty.Hoping for the best and if the jerks do not subside will be going back to the garage again to get it checked out.
Closed Thread