Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 28th November 2007, 13:40   #331
Senior - BHPian

25.5 kmpl is an awesome mileage on highways with similar loads! guess your tyres are not 195! i maintained by rpm below 3k. and maybe due to shell fuel, my mileage is dropping to ~ 18.
Old 28th November 2007, 13:51   #332
BHPian

GeekSrik,

I stuck to IOC regular and especially after BUSA s advice, never would go for premium fuels.

btw I run 195 profile tyres and I have checked my fuel efficiency twice on highways and got the following results.
1) 23.5
2) 25.5

Do you find any improvement in response or smoke from using shell?
Old 28th November 2007, 14:48   #333
Senior - BHPian

thanks for answering me. its strange why I got only 18kmpl with same tyres and same loads. with shell the response is much more linear and I get better pull too. but other than that nothing else!
Old 29th November 2007, 10:28   #334
BHPian

@GeekSrik: Have you tried experimenting with different air pressure? From my experience, I feel having a bit more air in the front tyre (due to the engine load in a diesel) is advisable especially on the highway. Could even make a slight difference in your mileage figures, for the better.
Old 29th November 2007, 13:21   #335
BHPian

GeekSrik, RufRoc could be right.
Why not change the PSIs and check mileage with same shell again.
Old 29th November 2007, 22:05   #336
Team-BHP Support

yup swift d is sensitive to psi when it comes to FE with wider rubber and front require more psi, keep a 2 psi diff between F n R for good handling.
Old 30th November 2007, 08:14   #337
Senior - BHPian

is this only for highway or can i use that for city too? strangely I didnt know about this! also could anyone let me know what all should be done for second free service? also about synthetic oil and stuff....

srikanth
Old 30th November 2007, 09:24   #338
BHPian

GeekSrik,

You can maintain the same for city too, but i guess the ride will be a bit harsh in potholed roads. I try to keep 32 all around in city.

Dont think of synthetic oils until 10k is done (am not an expert but got the expert advice here)
Old 30th November 2007, 09:56   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
keep a 2 psi diff between F n R for good handling.
Jaggu, guess front would have a higher PSI reading. Pls confirm.

Last edited by condor : 30th November 2007 at 09:58.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:32   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Jaggu, guess front would have a higher PSI reading. Pls confirm.
Yes front at 34 and rear at 32 for my car, for city and highway. and no it the rear that starts to jump around when you increase the psi.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:31   #341
Senior - BHPian

Smile 7700 kms and counting ....

alright, I ve finished another 1.1k kms with this car and it still fails to get tired . Also I have had no surprises with this car too. The ride has been good, the engine is getting too noisy at 100 kmph now, am not sure why.

Other than that I had taken it to mysore and back almost 350kms and there was no indication of it being sluggish too. it just performed like what its supposed to - a dream!

am awaiting my third free service and would like to hear from all of you what should be done and what not for this 10k service which is coming up. the rattles are a feature you see, so i ve left them untouched for now.

but this car has given me other things too, vertigo (ear fluid imbalance leading to severe dizziness and faints), knee and backache to some extent, though I would say driver seat is pretty good. The sound of the engine drives me crazy sometimes and I am forced to play music in an otherwise silent car. the suspension is a bit hard and inmates of the jail can feel the bumps

I ll have to try and make this car quieter somehow. would anyone know how to reduce NVH further, have anyone done any mods to this car for this purpose? Pete's is something I d love to install but sometime later on! the windows sure make me claustrophobic if closed always.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:36   #342
Team-BHP Support

Someone suggested Damping to reduce NVH. But I think it will cost close to 10K
Old 18th December 2007, 12:18   #343
Senior - BHPian

dyu know anyone who does this very well in bangalore?

srik
Old 18th December 2007, 14:52   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Please go through this thread, if you already haven't. Hope it'll help.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ping+dampening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Someone suggested Damping to reduce NVH. But I think it will cost close to 10K
Old 1st January 2008, 20:28   #345
Senior - BHPian

Cool 8200 kms and going towards third free service

Another 1000 lapped up and the odo reads 8200 km+. At this stage I am gearing up for the third service, so its perhaps an apt time to pout out my woes with this car and ask for expert advice.

1. The engine has a hoarse noise anything above 70kmph speed, and the distinct roar (i even wonder if i can call it that) gets more prominent around 80+ and irritates at 100kmph

I need to know if an oil change would bring down this noise by any chance or anything more needs to be done

2. The oil change itself - I need to know whether any special oil needs to be used (sorry but i need the name, and quantity - i am bad at this! - mobil ? synthetic? .... ??)

3. Soapy layer on windscreen - While casually talking with my friend who owns a swift and had the same problem, I believe it was traced to the windscreen water tube having lots of foam within it which forms a frothy layer and brings it on each time you spray water (even if the water has been changed) and i believe i hear the only way to correct this is to change the tube that leads upto windshield. any options here?

4. Foul smelling Ac at times - of late i have observed at times the AC smells a bit foul and the only thing I do is to down the windows and take in air before I pull them up again. I am not sure why this is occuring but its not really the sulphur kinda foul smell, its more the plasticky kinda smell but whatever it is its awful enough but lasts for quite less a time.

5. I installed the neck supports on each head rests (the TYPE-R ones) but I fail to understand what exactly its purpose is, as a driver my neck hardly rests on the headrest and even if it does the neck support hardly helps.

Perhaps the biggest three cons I didnt like with this car are (there are more to say even then):

1. Rattles Rattles Creaks and Rattles
2. Hard suspension gives a throw around each time
3. The car by itself is quite claustrophobic - gives you a feeling of being choked in a closed dungeon

More: 4. bad rear space, even two people have a problem sitting freely with legs stretched out, wonder which car satisfies that atleast?

To sum it up - good FE, stiff ride, coarse engine, claustrophobic car, quite some body roll and free rattles.
Closed Thread