Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2008, 20:50   #391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Btw, It would be nice if U give updates every 5000kms.Not every 200kms!

18K for the petes box for the accent crdi looks within reach.
Old 7th January 2008, 00:13   #392
BHPian

I gave my car today a wash and then thought why not take care of the rattle on front left door myself. at least time will pass on sunday. I was able to remove the plastic locks on either side of plastic panel of door. I also removed the screw which resides in the pocket of door. As I have Ldi and it has window handle, I wasn't able to figure out how to remove that window handle ?

While I was getting speakers installed I have seen mechanic remove it just using pliers. I tired it twice then left it thinking that I might cuase more damage than cure.
Old 7th January 2008, 09:09   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Guys,

I just got pollution checked for my SwiftVDI and it came out to be 19.5%. When asked, the guy at pollution check told me 65% is allowed. I remember my Indica... it gave 86%... and had to get a fake certificate to sell it off.

Whats your Swift's pollution percentage....?

Regards
Anmol
For my Ldi it was about something between 19-20%.
Though till date I have clocked about 12500 kms that
is in 6 months.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:43   #394
BHPian

Wow 18k, the price is too hot, how much was it for swift D again ?
Old 8th January 2008, 09:54   #395
BHPian

Mobike is getting ideas now .... Sirji dont think go for it !!

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 8th January 2008 at 09:56.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:56   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Taking a car door to bits is a pretty adventurous thing to do.

I'd expect to end up with far more rattles, or a window that no longer worked properly...
Old 8th January 2008, 14:07   #397
BHPian

Luckily no additional noises so far. Does anyone knows where are crumple zones located in swift ? Is the body structure same for diesel and petrol ?
Old 8th January 2008, 17:06   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Wow 18k, the price is too hot, how much was it for swift D again ?
29k, and totally worth it IMO

Quote:
Is the body structure same for diesel and petrol ?
Yes
Old 9th January 2008, 20:14   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Geek,Talk to Blueraven.He'll do the damping for U.
Btw, It would be nice if U give updates every 5000kms.Not every 200kms!
sorry dude, i didnt notice my updates, the last one was 500km more update, while the more recent one was just 200km update, my mistake, but then i am not a cabbie covering 1000s of kms just like that

on the damping, thanks, i ll speak with blueraven sooner than later. this car is driving me mad with the noise. but i just hope he is a trained person in this? and what would he charge? does he have a garage kinda thingy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Have you guys ever found swift bonnet hot after coming from a drive ? Whenever I have checked the bonnet after 30 mins - 1 hr drive from office, it feels normal. I guess this is because of that pad thing inside bonnet.
yes i find it hot and acceptable too. after all there is a 1.3 roaring all the time under the hood!

that aside, i ve had a horrid new year with my entire web site vanishing after all that effort of 2 yrs. my web host just vanishes overnight without a mail, contact number or anything. so i had to move the backups to another host and finally today its up and running ..... ! await the 10k report soon. meanwhile i gotta pickup the mobil oil from jc road.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:22   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
on the damping, thanks, i ll speak with blueraven sooner than later.
hey geek. hope you contact concerned guy soon. and if you are going ahead with damping try taking some pics of the damping procedure, areas you are getting damped, and by what material & etc.

Quote:
meanwhile i gotta pickup the mobil oil from jc road.
I was searching in Mobile 1 website. They have two brand of synthetic oil Mobile 1 and
Mobil 1 Extended Performance

Both have 15W-50 which Busa got for his swift ?
which one to go for ?
and what about other grades like 10W-30 and 5W-30 ?
Old 9th January 2008, 23:22   #401
BHPian

Quote:
on the damping, thanks, i ll speak with blueraven sooner than later.
hey geek. hope you contact concerned guy soon. and if you are going ahead with damping try taking some pics of the damping procedure, areas you are getting damped, and by what material & etc.

Quote:
meanwhile i gotta pickup the mobil oil from jc road.
I was searching in Mobile 1 website. They have two brand of synthetic oil Mobile 1 and
Mobil 1 Extended Performance

which one to go for ?
and what about other grades like 10W-30 and 5W-30 ?
Old 9th January 2008, 23:33   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got 5W50 Mobil1
Old 11th January 2008, 06:46   #403
BHPian

Grrr Frustration, Anger and more Frustration !! Went to drop sis to Kolkata Station ( Yes near the Great Howrah bridge) at 5 am and was surprised to see a long serpentine que of cars ! Oh well what to do get in the que pronto!! At this very moment a guy in an amby taxi in the adjacent line gets impatient and decided to alight before the station in the que itself. The guy opens his door and bang he hits on my rear gate (drivers side) .The car being an amby I fear the worst! Cursing - no good , picking up a fight in the middle of the road - no good , I stared helplessly as he paid the taxiwala and melted into the sea of humanity ! Anger and more anger here . Dropped off sis,came out of the station , stopped the car somehwere in between and did a damge inspect . The F****r had hit the door pretty hard .There was a damn hole on the outer surface about 1/2 a inch in diameter .. Looked at it helplessly , took a bit of waxpol 2k rubbing compound and rubbed it hard on the hole. It smoothened off the hole a bit and thats it. Nothing more could be done and made my way home . Could not sleep so had to write this post to vent out my frustration. Worst part cant even get such small things repaired individually without going for a whole door repaint. Dont even have the heart for it , for some ****er would just come and hit the door again anyway ! I think i should sell of my swift and buy the 1l car when the same comes out. The dents and the scratches will hurt less then i guess
Old 11th January 2008, 07:37   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm...

No, you wouldn't have got anything out of shouting: but I would have done, anyway!

Commiserations.
Old 11th January 2008, 07:49   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
on the damping, thanks, i ll speak with blueraven sooner than later. this car is driving me mad with the noise. but i just hope he is a trained person in this? and what would he charge? does he have a garage kinda thingy?

blueraven is pretty good with what he does, pm him & fix an appointment.
Closed Thread