Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2008, 07:51   #406
BHPian

Did a second damage inspect , got to admit that the waxpol 2k compound has done a great job. Even though it cannot repair the hole it has blended the damaged part to the body colour. Anyways my car colour being silver it is not visible that much anyway but still. Thanks again to waxpol I must say !!
Old 11th January 2008, 08:17   #407
Senior - BHPian

thats bad nikunj. perhaps ppl complaining about blr traffic should now keep quiet. arguably the other metros are more jammed!
Old 11th January 2008, 11:08   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
thats bad nikunj. perhaps ppl complaining about blr traffic should now keep quiet. arguably the other metros are more jammed!
Yes GS , the fact is as I said earlier in one of my posts Kolkata has less than 6% of its total area dedicated to roads. It is very ill planned in that way and the traffic is on an ever increase. Bangalore has a bit of an advantage in terms of road space plus the people out there seem to be more patient and don't switch lanes or blare horns on the slightest delay !! The 1 l car is sure to cause havoc in the city I think . I may myself really end up buying the nano and use it for communicating t office. The swift nowadays seems more like a sedan rather than a hatchback given the horrible traffic conditions here !
Old 11th January 2008, 11:32   #409
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you try dry ice?
Old 11th January 2008, 11:38   #410
BHPian

Dry ice ? What good will that do ?
Old 11th January 2008, 12:12   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Dry ice ? What good will that do ?
I have heard, it can rectify the dent. There is a thread on it in the technical section.
Old 11th January 2008, 12:23   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Why dont you try dry ice?
Dry Ice, that cooling agent ? how will it help ?

Oh you have already answered.

Last edited by austere_sly : 11th January 2008 at 12:24.
Old 11th January 2008, 12:28   #413
BANNED

Little OT :
Today i filled in Nitrogen instead of regular AIR , and WOW what a difference it made .
I have stock tires , but after filling these ,ride was soo smooth .

This was done at the Pump near Hayat Hotel ( On Rind Road ) , free of cost .
Would recommend every one to try at least once.
Old 11th January 2008, 15:12   #414
BHPian

Yep, I tried the nitrogen too. I thought it improved the ride, but it could be all in the head. Cant be real certain.
Old 12th January 2008, 09:29   #415
BHPian

Can any Swift(diesel) owner out there tell me what is the recommended tyre upgrade size for swift and some good tyre brands to go for.Also first i want to ask whether upgrade is required or not ??? Will adding alloys and Low profile tyres decrease the FE??

~~Thanks
Old 12th January 2008, 09:49   #416
Senior - BHPian

souljah can we meet briefly if possible to see the work blueraven has done on your car? since you are in bangalore i can get an exact idea on the damping done on your vehicle. also are the rattles lesser if at all? can you comment on the damping effect?
Old 12th January 2008, 11:45   #417
BHPian

hi geeksrik

my budget is 6lac[currently m having santro] ,im planning to buy swift vdi so i need some advice.howz the car overall or should i look for some other car[diesel]?.wat FE you currently ?and does FE drops after putting alloys .i have read in my threads that it requires tyre upgrade wat u say.

~Thanks
Old 13th January 2008, 18:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

the indica diesel should be out soon with fiat engine. the palio diesel is coming out in march. i think you must try out these and the hyundai getz too. while the palio/indica would be a lakh cheaper, the getz would make it higher by the same 1 lac. FE drops on bigger tyres, not on alloys. but its not that bad at 16-17 per litre with ac for me. i hardly care about fuel ! daily drive is 40kms.
Old 14th January 2008, 15:26   #419
BHPian

I am waiting for the grand punto. Wanting to sell of my indica and go for the punto !!! What a beauty i must say :-) !
Old 14th January 2008, 15:30   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
Can any Swift(diesel) owner out there tell me what is the recommended tyre upgrade size for swift and some good tyre brands to go for.Also first i want to ask whether upgrade is required or not ??? Will adding alloys and Low profile tyres decrease the FE??

~~Thanks
If u still decide to opt for a swift then you can go for 15 inchers but there have been complaints that the ride becomes a bit harsh as the suspension of the swift diesel is harder than that of petrol. A tyre upsize is a must given the tremendous torque of the DDiS engine , the road grip becomes much much better ( The stock jk tyres suck big time) . As for the alloys there is a myriad of choices there , Happy Hunting !
Closed Thread