Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 11:52   #556
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 404
Thanked: 46 Times
Default 3rd Service Update

Thanks for the info.

Took the car after 3rd service. The bill was 1013 (5.x lts or oil + Oil filter).

Asked them to do tyre rotation and not to do wheel alignment and balancing. Looking for your suggestions for a better place in Jayanagar, JP Nagar and Banashankari area.

Other complaints and Fixed are
  1. Wiper blades - changed in warranty
  2. Right window rattle when it is half rolled down
Car feels smoother. Noise free when it is idle or in moving at a constant speed before turbo kicks in

Mandovi motors is the service station. I am not satisfied with their cleaning job
About the dent and scratch - Thinking of leaving it as it is for now. I am not to keen on having a scratch free car with this mad Blore traffic.

I have to do

Last edited by blorebuddy : 3rd February 2008 at 12:06.
blorebuddy is offline  
Old 3rd February 2008, 19:26   #557
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

So I got some time to take my swifty to lalbagh and shoot some snaps with my new canon Rebel XTI. Well these are not clickable thumbnails, but as is snaps reduced to this size!

Took the car when my friend was driving it across!






GeekSrik is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 11:48   #558
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

mileage update : 16.95 ( 100% city, 0% A.C, 85 to 90% high turbo usage ) !
nikunj_cal is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 19:45   #559
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

so what are my feelings after 10k service - was expecting the sky but got peanuts in terms of real satisfaction

- improvement in power -> ZILCH
- improvement in torque -> ZILCH, older torquiness also gone down a bit
- improvement in mileage -> not checked and not bothered
- improvement in sound -> by a great amount - i have more rattles now :(

upon using AC power drop is a bit noticeable. also right tyres seem to have too less air, well atleast the feeling is such. i m wondering if the above problems are because of mobil. perhaps i should have gone with normal mineral oil ? pondering now .......

incidentally i took a drive with my friend in a 1.3 getz petrol. its the older car and we loaded it with five elephants (us i mean). the first thing that struck me is the silence. its close to a year since i experienced anything like that before. i am ready to pay for that silence now. next is the pickup - very very decent to pull five people. obviously the ac was not on, but i can imagine how that would be.

makes me wonder whether the getz diesel would be a much more mature car for the money paid than that rattly swift. money isnt everything sometimes! that aside i cant imagine how punto is gonna be waiting for that!
GeekSrik is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 19:55   #560
Senior - BHPian
 
kuttapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Getz petrol pulling 5 people better than Swift DDiS? I have a feeling that the issues you notice are all in your mind. You expected a different car after your service, you didn't get it and therefore the feeling, I guess..
kuttapan is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 20:09   #561
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
makes me wonder whether the getz diesel would be a much more mature car for the money paid than that rattly swift. money isnt everything sometimes! that aside i cant imagine how punto is gonna be waiting for that!
No doubt Getz is overall a better car, with better build quality, ride, engine, space and comfort. Drive a Getz and see the difference.

I found Mobil1 to give postive results, did you flush? Ah, the engine flush i mean
BUSA is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 20:44   #562
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,680
Thanked: 1,424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

i ve told them about rattles, and they say its a feature so nothing can be done about it.
My friend and tbhpians is fed up of the service. He owns a VDi and when his wife complained about a rattle noise he said he will live with it else he service guys will only worsen the situation.

If Tata could improve with built quality why not Suzuki ( come on its a Suzuki! not a Maruti anymore!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Thanks for the info.

Took the car after 3rd service. The bill was 1013 (5.x lts or oil + Oil filter).

Asked them to do tyre rotation and not to do wheel alignment and balancing. Looking for your suggestions for a better place in Jayanagar, JP Nagar and Banashankari area.

Other complaints and Fixed are
  1. Wiper blades - changed in warranty
  2. Right window rattle when it is half rolled down
Car feels smoother. Noise free when it is idle or in moving at a constant speed before turbo kicks in
5lit? wow!

Would suggest that you buy a Bosch wiper next time. And dont open the windows next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No doubt Getz is overall a better car, with better build quality, ride, engine, space and comfort. Drive a Getz and see the difference.

I found Mobil1 to give postive results, did you flush? Ah, the engine flush i mean
I am waiting for the Getz CRDi

Mobil1 ? anything else to look at when buy that? And how many liters?
jkdas is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 21:02   #563
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hmm, for my 1k service I was charged only for 3 litres of oil.

FE is a bit on the lower side but Im not complaining. Last top up 303.4KM/21L = 14.44

Thats only 1st/2nd, peak bumper traffic, no time for anything else :(
s0uljah is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 21:11   #564
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
FE is a bit on the lower side but Im not complaining. Last top up 303.4KM/21L = 14.44
Dont worry, i used to get 13.5kmpl starting starting mein, before 2000kms, then it increased gradually, and after petes ~ 16

Quote:
Took the car after 3rd service. The bill was 1013 (5.x lts or oil + Oil filter).
5L Oil, they drank the 1.5L up kya?

Quote:
I am waiting for the Getz CRDi

Mobil1 ? anything else to look at when buy that? And how many liters?
You getting a Getz CRDi kya? Or waiting for test drive, or waiting for me to buy it

Just look at the date of import, 4L, 5W50.
BUSA is offline  
Old 4th February 2008, 21:14   #565
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,457
Thanked: 4,781 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hmm, for my 1k service I was charged only for 3 litres of oil.
Thats because the oil filter must not have been replaced. The engine drinks another 1.2 litres if the filter is replaced (which should happen at 10K according to the user manual.)
Eddy is offline  
Old 5th February 2008, 08:05   #566
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thats because the oil filter must not have been replaced. The engine drinks another 1.2 litres if the filter is replaced (which should happen at 10K according to the user manual.)
This is not true. Oil and Oil filter in my car was replaced without any additional oil consumption. Engine took just 3.5 Lts.
DieselFan is offline  
Old 5th February 2008, 08:06   #567
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

busa the flush was not recommended for a 10k service. however for the 20k service they are suggesting i use the flush.
GeekSrik is offline  
Old 5th February 2008, 09:51   #568
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,457
Thanked: 4,781 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
This is not true. Oil and Oil filter in my car was replaced without any additional oil consumption. Engine took just 3.5 Lts.
I may be wrong but I think the difference in the amount of oil consumed in case both the filter and the oil are replaced is around 1.2 l for the Swift. I actually saw them drain out my oil and replace it with 2.9 L. The filter was not changed.
Eddy is offline  
Old 5th February 2008, 10:06   #569
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa the flush was not recommended for a 10k service. however for the 20k service they are suggesting i use the flush.
When you change to synthetic you should use flush, i had!
BUSA is offline  
Old 5th February 2008, 10:17   #570
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
When you change to synthetic you should use flush, i had!
For layman like me , how exactly do the service guys flush the engine ?
nikunj_cal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3 epicenter.rulez Long-Term Ownership Reviews 150 30th May 2017 20:35
Maruti Swift VDi Ownership Report - 50,000 kms clocked naveen.raju Long-Term Ownership Reviews 35 2nd September 2014 11:53
Swift Diesel.Vdi - Ownership report.Facing problems -Maruti refuses to honor warranty Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 7th October 2013 15:02
(Yet another) Swift VDI(2009) ownership report debugged Long-Term Ownership Reviews 12 16th December 2009 17:45
Swift Vxi & Swift Vdi - Ownership/Service/Running costs dcetech Hatchbacks 4 26th October 2009 22:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks