Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2007, 09:57   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

the tyres are doing their job, i ve taken turns at 60-70 and cornering is an absolute pleasure with the michelin pilots! i would recommend these tyres for anyone and everyone looking for an upgrade. they are awesome.
I think your tyres are the Michelin Energy MXV8 and not the Pilot's.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:19   #47
BHPian

congrats geek on your new drive... car looks good... run-in neatly & that FIAT engine will be faithful for a long time to come.. it will be more silent as you add kms to your car... i have seen swift diesels with 5K kms on odo more silent than a 10K petrol swift

any plans for Pete's tuning box ? ...

FIAT, always......
Old 26th June 2007, 10:28   #48
BHPian

Hey, I feel getting into reverse is little hard, do u feel the same with your swift?
Old 26th June 2007, 11:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car Geek! And I'll repeat what Vid said once again, Finally!!
Old 26th June 2007, 11:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Mubarak Ho Geek !!! Congrats. Finally you have gotten your long awaited car. I just have one thing to say, you have made a very good decision in buying swift d compared to sx4, this baby is going to give you fuel economy you cannot even dream of !!! Trust me, Its going to shock you !! lol happy & safe driving.
Old 27th June 2007, 14:07   #51
BHPian

Congrats Geek.. Swift look cool in that colour... The typres and alloys look neat too... Keep us posted at regular intervals...
Old 27th June 2007, 20:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Default 200kms driven, what a beauty

hey all

i completed 200kms on the odo. i still have a bit of fuel left, and have covered about 160kms for a 14.12 litres of fuel. which translates to 11.33kmpl as of now. i still got fuel left for maybe another 10-15kms. i m still not measuring it properly. next time i m going to a shell pump and doing a full tank fill.

no vibrations or rattles, tyres soak the road up beautifully. the humming sound of the engine is a bit unnerving, but i am getting used to it. the torque if utilized properly is a great boon. i always manage to shift gear by 1-1.5k rpm to next higher.

yet to install sunfilms, stereo (old pioneer + 2old jbl rear + 2 new jbl front). am planning to install dolphin seat covers (black) soft feel art leather types. plus seating marble beads. with that one round of upgrade will be over.

more after my next full tank refill. i need to know if there is a shell pump on mallya road and if so how do i reach it when i drive via residency road or while coming around kanteerva stadium?
Old 27th June 2007, 20:57   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Another beautiful Swift on the roads. Congrats. A wise decision to end a very long car deciding process.

To be frank, the pics make me jealous... hehehe. I hope i'll be able to upgrade from my WagonR to a Swift DDiS soon enough!

The alloys look awesome with the colour. (Much much better than white alloys )

And, the ride must be silent and comfortable compared to stock Swift, As michelins are knows for those traits.
Old 27th June 2007, 21:20   #54
BHPian

Hey GeekSrik, A big congratulations to you. Thats one good looking car mate! - like the way you matched the centre spot on the alloys with the color of the car (u say this happened by coincidence?! cool. )
Have a wonderful time with her. All the best and keep safe.
Old 27th June 2007, 22:06   #55

Congrat GeetSrik. Nice car n nice alloys. Get ur upgrades done soon. howz the turbo lag?
Old 28th June 2007, 09:40   #56
BHPian

" i need to know if there is a shell pump on mallya road and if so how do i reach it when i drive via residency road or while coming around kanteerva stadium?"

Congrats Geeksrik on your new purchase. Alloys look great.

Regarding Shell pump on Mallaya road - Take a left at the St Marks road and residency road signal (Cash prarmacy junction) and after that again first left and if you go around 500 Meters you get the shell pump on your right.
Old 28th June 2007, 09:43   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohithdr View Post
" i need to know if there is a shell pump on mallya road and if so how do i reach it when i drive via residency road or while coming around kanteerva stadium?"

Congrats Geeksrik on your new purchase. Alloys look great.

Regarding Shell pump on Mallaya road - Take a left at the St Marks road and residency road signal (Cash prarmacy junction) and after that again first left and if you go around 500 Meters you get the shell pump on your right.

ummm st marks road and residency road are one ways. you cant go into st marks road from ex cash pharmacy.

The easiest way is to go down Kasturba road from MG road and take a left at the lavelle road junction. a few metres after UB city on teh left is the shell bunk.
Old 28th June 2007, 09:55   #58
Team-BHP Support

@geek i feel that the humm that you refer to will come down as engine runs in, i tried hard yesterday with stereo switched off and car has become really silent especially when warmed up. so patience my friend.
Old 28th June 2007, 14:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Default 14.37 kmpl as of now, and still one bit of fuel left

hey all

i still got one bit of fuel left with which i can go about another 10km (the needle is just above the E mark by a fraction). so with 203 kms from the last refill it comes to 203 km /14.12 litres ~ 14.37 kmpl (before first service).

hopefully it should reach 15kmpl in a day or two. will keep you updated on FE figures as appropriate. i am thinking of going to shell pump today evening. i drive down st. marks road from mg road side (this the 'way' in one way) and as i reach cash pharmacy, just before it, i need to take a right turn. then i should get the shell pump on my left. is that right?

srik
Old 28th June 2007, 15:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i am thinking of going to shell pump today evening. i drive down st. marks road from mg road side (this the 'way' in one way) and as i reach cash pharmacy, just before it, i need to take a right turn. then i should get the shell pump on my left. is that right?

srik
Hey Srik, I think you are out for a Bangalore Darshan soon!! Dont get confused with St Marks Road, cash Pharmacy and all...

Once you are coming from M G Road, you will see Jwewls De paragon on the left side, at the end of M G Road. Take left there to Kasthurba Road. You will pass infront of HDFC Bank, Visheshwara Museum ( which you can see on the right hand side)..Proceed straight till you find a signal, take a left there..you enter to Vittal Mallya Road..Shell Pump is coming on the left side, after UB City.!!!!
Closed Thread