Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 02:32   #736
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am sorry if I sound rude but it was not the tyres mate, it was YOU was at fault. You can have the best tyres, ABS etc on it but most of all; you need an alert mind controlling all the machines. And that is what faltered in your case.

Finally landed in the gutter eh ? You must be thankful. Its much better than landing underneath a truck.

Don't drink and drive. All the best.
Yeah mate. I am definitely responsible for it. But, I certainly had not crossed my limits. I am a responsible driver. In my 6 years of driving, this is the first mistake I have commited. . Not able to attach the pic. The server throws an error upon attachment. But, dont you guys agree that the stock tyres are pathetic. I ABS, EBD, ESP cant break the laws of physics
hellraizer is offline  
Old 10th April 2008, 14:03   #737
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Not so nice after tyre rotations

hey all

after the tyre rotations, i m beginning to experience occassional draggy feelings. i believe this is normal. so i m letting go of this feeling to take it easy on myself.

wondering if there is anything serious or just its ok to let it be as is.

srik
GeekSrik is offline  
Old 10th April 2008, 15:18   #738
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 586
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Srik,

Can you explain the draggy part!
I rotated my Michelins today morning (front left-rear left and vice-versa) and found no issues in the 30odd km run done after rotation.

+Rocky_Balboa+
Rocky_Balboa is offline  
Old 10th April 2008, 18:32   #739
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hey all

after the tyre rotations, i m beginning to experience occassional draggy feelings. i believe this is normal. so i m letting go of this feeling to take it easy on myself.

wondering if there is anything serious or just its ok to let it be as is.

srik

The symptoms indicate that your front tyres may need swap. Get it checked by a good tyre alignment center.
DieselFan is offline  
Old 18th April 2008, 18:28   #740
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi all,
My New VDI is now 400 kms old. A wonderful machine. I am runnin it between 1000 to 2000 RPM. Have reached around 80KPH couple of times. For the past 2 days i have been noticing some sounds when i am pushing it to 2000 RPM. Is it normal ? Moreover the engine noise has increased over continous driving of more than 20 to 30 minutes. My temperature gauge needle quickly gets to the middle of the reading and stays there. Are these symptoms, normal during initial running in of the vehicle or anything to be alarmed about. I have checked my coolant levels and it is normal.
Rash001 is offline  
Old 18th April 2008, 22:10   #741
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,843
Thanked: 7,676 Times
Default

Replies inline below hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash001 View Post
Hi all,
My New VDI is now 400 kms old. A wonderful machine. I am runnin it between 1000 to 2000 RPM.

Congratz and welcome to the club

Have reached around 80KPH couple of times. For the past 2 days i have been noticing some sounds when i am pushing it to 2000 RPM. Is it normal ? Moreover the engine noise has increased over continous driving of more than 20 to 30 minutes.

Diesel pitter patter and i think you are concentrating too much on the sound, generally engine sound decreases once you get the engine to running temp

My temperature gauge needle quickly gets to the middle of the reading and stays there. Are these symptoms, normal during initial running in of the vehicle or anything to be alarmed about. I have checked my coolant levels and it is normal.

I assume you are in Chennai, at this time of year its quite normal. Worry only if the temp shoots above half
Jaggu is offline  
Old 21st April 2008, 08:24   #742
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks Jaggu. I am now relaxed on your replies. Just a little too much love on the machine. Want to keep it nice and sweet. Yes the temperature's a little bit on the higher side in Chennai. Will be sending in for the first service in the next couple of weeks. Will post more updates.
Rash001 is offline  
Old 21st April 2008, 14:41   #743
Newbie
 
argee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KERALA
Posts: 13
Thanked: 4 Times
Exclamation

Guy's my vdi has done 18000 km i am still using my stock tyres jk had multilple escapes from accidents due to sliding of back side while braking.now i am really scared after last one,my question is wether there will be a marked improvement with thease symptoms after changing tyres tO michelin 195/70/r14,and will there be a marked improvement in ride quality.Ihave recently got a chance to ride my friends 2008 model new swift diesel with michelin tyres and the ride quality was superb and there was no rattling even in bad roads, Any one got idea wether the suspention of new swift has any change or it is due to tyre change.please replay.
argee9 is offline  
Old 21st April 2008, 16:18   #744
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,843
Thanked: 7,676 Times
Default

Yes wider tyres will help in handling and braking and 70 profile in 195 will definitely add to cushioning.
Jaggu is offline  
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:16   #745
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Unhappy 13000 km and then this ....

guess today was destined to be a bad day for me. i was as usual going through inner ring road koramangala, and somewhere in between where there is a gap in median, saw this indica guy wanting to take turn, slowed down and he took a turn, since the right most lane was free after that i continued forward, then some idiot goes with his santro on the left most lane, and the indica guy inbetween (driver) gets totally psyched and turns steering to right most position, bang on my car's left door.

best part, he wont stop after that, he tries to just drive on as though nothing ever happened, the 1.3 MJD isnt one to be fooled with all this. drove forward in second, side tracked him and made him forcibly stop. luckily no more bangs. heated arguments, as usual - trying to say whose fault is it. took some photos, with the number plates, asked the terrified elders within the car for their son or daughters numbers, and then let them off. then speak to the owners to get address details.

going now to approach insurance after 30 mins. hopefully they will take care of everything. in the past 10 yrs of driving, I have not had a single scrape on my car. and now this

this all points to only one thing : leave early and on time, drive more slowly than the usual slow, and have more concentration on the road. the fact is i was driving at 70kmph on a road that is six laned, and had reduced to 50 on spotting the driver taking turn (without any indicators and suddenly lunging forward!)

A car is a @#$# depreciating liability. i am not interested to buy any more cars if this kind of things are going to keep happening. sorry guys, i cant help ranting as i am in a really bad mood today.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-0422_070826.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-0422_075658.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-0422_075711.jpg  

GeekSrik is offline  
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:29   #746
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

Sorry to hear about this, activate your insurance and get it repaired.

Dont worry time is a big healer, we understand your frustation and even the best of the drivers go through this once a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
going now to approach insurance after 30 mins. hopefully they will take care of everything. in the past 10 yrs of driving, I have not had a single scrape on my car. and now this

this all points to only one thing : leave early and on time, drive more slowly than the usual slow, and have more concentration on the road. the fact is i was driving at 70kmph on a road that is six laned, and had reduced to 50 on spotting the driver taking turn (without any indicators and suddenly lunging forward!)

A car is a @#$# depreciating liability. i am not interested to buy any more cars if this kind of things are going to keep happening. sorry guys, i cant help ranting as i am in a really bad mood today.
dadu is offline  
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:33   #747
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,843
Thanked: 7,676 Times
Default

Really sorry to hear the news Geek, **** happens. Claim insurance and move on.
Jaggu is offline  
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:57   #748
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 952
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
guess today was destined to be a bad day for me. i was as usual going through inner ring road koramangala, and somewhere in between where there is a gap in median, saw this indica guy wanting to take turn, slowed down and he took a turn, since the right most lane was free after that i continued forward, then some idiot goes with his santro on the left most lane, and the indica guy inbetween (driver) gets totally psyched and turns steering to right most position, bang on my car's left door.

best part, he wont stop after that, he tries to just drive on as though nothing ever happened, the 1.3 MJD isnt one to be fooled with all this. drove forward in second, side tracked him and made him forcibly stop. luckily no more bangs. heated arguments, as usual - trying to say whose fault is it. took some photos, with the number plates, asked the terrified elders within the car for their son or daughters numbers, and then let them off. then speak to the owners to get address details.

going now to approach insurance after 30 mins. hopefully they will take care of everything. in the past 10 yrs of driving, I have not had a single scrape on my car. and now this

this all points to only one thing : leave early and on time, drive more slowly than the usual slow, and have more concentration on the road. the fact is i was driving at 70kmph on a road that is six laned, and had reduced to 50 on spotting the driver taking turn (without any indicators and suddenly lunging forward!)

A car is a @#$# depreciating liability. i am not interested to buy any more cars if this kind of things are going to keep happening. sorry guys, i cant help ranting as i am in a really bad mood today.
You have my sympathies, Sir. Nasty thing all-round. Leaves you feeling miserable and stressed and all sorts of things. I try to comfort myself with some amateur psychology that tis only a gadget.
netchef is offline  
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:10   #749
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

update: insurance says it will cost upto 18k for painting and doing up the doors and dents. will be covered. i ll have to pay 800 bucks for labour, as well as my no claim bonus is gone for next year. in a way the later in the age of the car such things happen, the lesser will the insurance amount be that is given for repair and greater will be the cost of these repairs down the line and hence, more damage to be paid for from our side as car gets old.

4 days to do the job. so today i took a volvo bus and reached office. sometimes i think a bus is better than the idiotic stress of having to drive a car with all sorts of thoughts in the mind early in the morning.

funny to see in the pics above how an indica bore the brunt vis-a-vis the maruti swift. reassuring doors the swift has got though. much like the retro palio had.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 22nd April 2008 at 11:11.
GeekSrik is offline  
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:22   #750
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

Where are you getting it done, A.S.S or a reputed bodyshop ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
update: insurance says it will cost upto 18k for painting and doing up the doors and dents. will be covered. i ll have to pay 800 bucks for labour, as well as my no claim bonus is gone for next year. in a way the later in the age of the car such things happen, the lesser will the insurance amount be that is given for repair and greater will be the cost of these repairs down the line and hence, more damage to be paid for from our side as car gets old.
dadu is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3 epicenter.rulez Long-Term Ownership Reviews 150 30th May 2017 20:35
Maruti Swift VDi Ownership Report - 50,000 kms clocked naveen.raju Long-Term Ownership Reviews 35 2nd September 2014 11:53
Swift Diesel.Vdi - Ownership report.Facing problems -Maruti refuses to honor warranty Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 7th October 2013 15:02
(Yet another) Swift VDI(2009) ownership report debugged Long-Term Ownership Reviews 12 16th December 2009 17:45
Swift Vxi & Swift Vdi - Ownership/Service/Running costs dcetech Hatchbacks 4 26th October 2009 22:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks