Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 1st July 2007, 17:16   #16
BHPian

Default clutch and brake pedals too close?

Hi Nimz, first congratulations on your "Sparky". Yesterday I took a test drive in one here in Kolkata. It looked really really cute and for a small car the ride quality was pretty good. I have one question. I found the clutch and the brake pedals too close to each other, so much so that I was pressing the clutch only from the left side so that I could have the space to have my right foot in place for the brake if needed. I probably have slightly wider feet, but my foot size is only no. 8 and I certainly do not have squarish feet. So I did not think the lack of space there was caused by the size of my feet.
As you know, we are in the market for a second car and my wife really liked the car, although for my liking, it's a bit too small. But unfortunately we had to reject it because of this, at least for the moment. Would you kindly let me know if this is an issue with your car?
Old 1st July 2007, 22:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Make a full tank...set the trip meter to zero, dive around for say 150-200km...then do a tankfull (probably autocut to autocut method and if possible from the same nozzle)...u will get ur FE...

Abhi
THanks abhi. Just put in a few litres today at the Shell pump. Maybe next time I'll fill the tank. I assume once the tank is full the pump would automatically stop (forgive my ignorance as I have never done a full tank fill)

@asitkde

Sir, Now that you mention it, I did find myself pressing the accelerator and the brake together sometimes.. I put that down to my own amateurishness.. But then I kinda watched out for it and today didnt commit that mistake. Maybe the sparky is making me get used to her idiosyncracies .

Nimz
Old 1st July 2007, 23:12   #18

Hitanshu,
I wouldnt agree with you. Its all about 1 litre engine on more than 14 gradient (slope over a distance) is not good. I have extensively tested Indigo gasoline for a fuel system integration in Nandi hills. Personally I felt a 1000 cc engine, You would make them work too much, A/c on or off doesn't matter as the ECU takes care of the same. May be I will try to explain you in details or add a technical article for the same. Let me try in 2 days! Its tough to convince people with out evidence! 1000 kms is not only for an engine run-in. Anything which could go wrong due to build quality, pre delivery inspection. you will be safe within the city limits. Another explanation on manufacturers front. Good and smart questions !
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:21   #19
Team-BHP Support

congratz and enjoy the new ride.
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenakshi View Post
Hitanshu,
I wouldnt agree with you. Its all about 1 litre engine on more than 14 gradient (slope over a distance) is not good. I have extensively tested Indigo gasoline for a fuel system integration in Nandi hills. Personally I felt a 1000 cc engine, You would make them work too much, A/c on or off doesn't matter as the ECU takes care of the same. May be I will try to explain you in details or add a technical article for the same. Let me try in 2 days! Its tough to convince people with out evidence! 1000 kms is not only for an engine run-in. Anything which could go wrong due to build quality, pre delivery inspection. you will be safe within the city limits. Another explanation on manufacturers front. Good and smart questions !
WOuld love to read your article on the same. Do write one soon.. In fact was planning on a trip to Nandi hills next weekend.. What you say is new to me.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:23   #21
Team-BHP Support

Nimz, congrats on your car, dude. Sparky really looks cute.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

congrats nimz, sorry this post is not earlier than this, had my gadgets screwed up due to electricity surges yesterday at home.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:18   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice thread and good choice. Congratulations on Sparky! I enjoyed driving the Chevy hatch and found it to be a fantastic allrounder in the segment.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats nimz on the spark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nimz, congrats on your car, dude. Sparky really looks cute.
Looks like mikey's got a GF now. LOL
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:55   #25
BHPian

thanks Team..

Well maybe Mikey and Sparky can meet somewhere in Bangy..

And I see no other Spark owners on Bhp.. well in that case then my sparky becomes the real sparky!!
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:02   #26
BHPian

If this would help...

Friends of mine who have a Santro dropped over late night to see Sparky.

He said - front leg space is better. Underthigh support is bad. Placement of horn is not nice. Rear leg space is nice. Love the shape of the car.

She said - Very Cute. No probs with horn as am used to M800. Lovely gear shifts. very smooth compared to our Santro.

Both Said - but for us its the Santro. :(
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
If this would help...

Friends of mine who have a Santro dropped over late night to see Sparky.
He said - front leg space is better. Underthigh support is bad. Placement of horn is not nice. Rear leg space is nice. Love the shape of the car.
She said - Very Cute. No probs with horn as am used to M800. Lovely gear shifts. very smooth compared to our Santro.
Both Said - but for us its the Santro. :(
Dont care for that. Its your car. Not their's.

Seems this is your first car, isn't it? You have made a good decision!

OT: If i were to compare Santro and wagonR, i would ask a person who loves to drive, to go for the Santro. But for my family, i'd stick with wagonR (can't afford the bumpy of the Santro). Its just what suits your requirements and likings that matter!
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Looks like mikey's got a GF now. LOL
Quote:
Well maybe Mikey and Sparky can meet somewhere in Bangy..
OFF-TOPIC :
I'm sure he would feel elated.
Nimz, that was 'in Bangy', almost thought 'and Bangy'.

Now, what if they have kids? Call it 'Mickey Mouse' ?
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
OFF-TOPIC :
I'm sure he would feel elated.
Nimz, that was 'in Bangy', almost thought 'and Bangy'.

Now, what if they have kids? Call it 'Mickey Mouse' ?
TOTALLY OT:

@ ben ROTFL.. wouldnt wanta a Bangy.. Sparky is too young for all this
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dont care for that. Its your car. Not their's.

Seems this is your first car, isn't it? You have made a good decision!

OT: If i were to compare Santro and wagonR, i would ask a person who loves to drive, to go for the Santro. But for my family, i'd stick with wagonR (can't afford the bumpy of the Santro). Its just what suits your requirements and likings that matter!
yup Crazy Driver. Fully agree and I would never dream of getting a Santro (thats totally personal and nothing to do with the car). Just put in their remarks in case someone wants to know how the Sparky is from a different perspective.
Closed Thread