Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2007, 20:41   #136
BHPian

Ranjith,
Milage between 9-10 is not bad. I would be satisfied with this once I get my sports.
But you should get these milage figures with full AC also.
I guess you need check with service center and also get the 1st service done asap.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 28th August 2007 at 20:48.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:25   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Sorry to go offtopic, but in the Skoda Laura, I redlined it while in triptronic mode and it DIDN'T upshift. I went about little in the red area. I had intention to upshift at the line, but the upshift got delayed by a millisecond so it went into the red area without upshifting.

A/T's are a BOON in stop go traffic.

A
Hey.. ur signature caught my eye!! that's a nice one!!

Cheers,
Shrey
Old 29th August 2007, 09:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Megger first thing to do is change the tyres. I wanted to change them for a while and now that I've finally done so, the difference is unbelievable. All the bumpiness cos of the hard suspension has completely disappeared.
Wish you had advised me last week. :( Now that rubber has hit the road, I will wait for couple of services before changing the tyres. The ride is surely slightly bumpy, still enjoyable!

Yesterday I went on NICE road and it was disappointing to keep below 100.

This
Old 29th August 2007, 12:43   #139
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't matter... you should still get a good deal on those tyres. I realized how bad the stock rubber was after changing to these.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:55   #140
BHPian

Reign, I have stock Bridgestone Potenzas on my Cedia. Which ones do you recommend for better ride? And what do they roughly cost? I can then pre-plan a swap.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

Get anything better... Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 or Energy XM1 or MXV8, Yokohama AVS Sport etc. I got the PP2 from a friend's shop whose dad is a dealer and he gave it to me for cost price. If you buy the PP2 from a normal shop expect to pay arnd 5600-5700 per tyre.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:25   #142
BHPian

Thanks for the valuable info, Reign.
I will settle for the PP2's after the rains are over here in Mumbai.
And am also planning to consider fitting OZ 16" rims at the same time.
Old 3rd September 2007, 10:34   #143
BHPian

1st service done with lots n lots of problems.
was free of cost so to speak.
however i suggest one does not use the pickup n drop facility
i had some problems
1. car bumper (rear) was had 1 cm deep slash.
2. huge amount of fuel used. driver must have driven around as the fuel consumption was around 4+ times regular. immagine 18 liters used for 50-60 KMS drive (counting both ways).
3. personal articles like tissues n mouth freshners was used and empty foil was left behind in same place.

Service woes starting???
am really worried if I made the right choice as there is only one delaer in mumbai.

they have promised to repaint whole bumper(rear) at no cost. but said it will take 3 days.

It this is shoddy I wont recommend buying Cedia in Mumbai at all.
what's the point of buying 10L car if the service is lousy like this.
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:37   #144
BHPian

Checked the first mileage with my Cedia. It returned 11.6 kpl. Drove with AC some 60-70% time and quite a bit in nasty traffc too. I hope it will improve further after first service!!
Old 3rd September 2007, 18:40   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithc View Post
1st service done with lots n lots of problems.
was free of cost so to speak.
however i suggest one does not use the pickup n drop facility
i had some problems
1. car bumper (rear) was had 1 cm deep slash.
2. huge amount of fuel used. driver must have driven around as the fuel consumption was around 4+ times regular. immagine 18 liters used for 50-60 KMS drive (counting both ways).
3. personal articles like tissues n mouth freshners was used and empty foil was left behind in same place.

Service woes starting???
am really worried if I made the right choice as there is only one delaer in mumbai.

they have promised to repaint whole bumper(rear) at no cost. but said it will take 3 days.

Sad to hear that. I guess mitsu service in mumbai needs to improve. Anyway I never use the pickup/drop facility at all. I also tell them not to test drive the vehicle so that there's no way they'll scratch the car.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:24   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithc View Post
Hey don't say this, I already bought same one like you...its Manchester Red - Sports.

But I am really sorry to hear about your experience.
Infact, I heard about your case from one of the sales person at Metro on the the day of delivery.

One thing is sure, there is no option other than Metro if you own Metro.
So I guess you start building contacts / friends within sales / service guys and I have already started doing this.
Ans I can tell you it is helping me; lets see how it goes during my 1st service

For your case; although its very unfortunate, but it can happen with any dealers / manufactures.

My santro had dent, thanks to Hyundai service center in last service
Ans my 1st santro service had really issue with Petrol usage and those guys gave me Hyundai service coupons.

So don't get discouraged by just one instance and jus hope things will improve at HM / Mitsubishi.

Btw, Petrol issues is still ok, but damage to new car is just not acceptable.
You should have forced them repair it on top priority.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:01   #147
Senior - BHPian

saw a brand new cedia in black yesterday and it looked very different and very tempting.

DUnno what was different. Maybe coz I saw it from the rear.
Old 7th September 2007, 11:59   #148
BHPian

Black is the best color on a Cedia.

I had to settle for a Red, considering the maintenance issues with black.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:59   #149
BHPian

Metro is not soo bad guys. they have promised to repaint it free of cost.

Should get it soon now.
so will hopefully come all full of praise tomorrow after taking it back.
Old 11th September 2007, 10:54   #150

Hi all,
Just completed 2 months and 1000 km on my Select (07/07/07) and thought of sharing the experience so far. First service at 1 month (had done 450 km by then) - no issues whatsoever with Lathangi. In fact, I had even kept the complimentary tissue box at home to see what they do and another box had been dutifully placed when I went to pick up the car.
Till the first service, filled normal BPCL petrol at a COCO outlet, FE hovering around 10.3 kmpl. Post first service, switched to Shell and FE has gone up to around 12.2 kmpl in city (but AC usage has dropped to ~ 30% in the same period due to weather conditions).
Only city driving so far - very easy to manouver in city, good all round visibility. Very silent cabin, pretty refined engine. Throttle response not spontaneous, doesn't "take off" from a traffic signal but quite Ok for normal everyday driving. Found ride very bumpy initially but not having that issue any more after dropping tyre pressure to 29 psi as suggested by Lathangi.
All in all, extremely satisfied and no regrets. To top it all, Lathangi sent me a complimentary watch after I sent them a letter of appreciation after a very satisfactory pre-sales experience. Also, HM guy dropped into office unannounced and gave me a Rs 6000 complimentary food voucher for 12 people at Mainland China.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th September 2007 at 16:52. Reason: Font/colour tags
Closed Thread