Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 12th September 2007, 21:03   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
How would you compare Cedia to that of the Optra Magnum?
With a similar 2.0 ltr engine (Diesel), there are able to produce 120 BHP and a whooping 314 nm of Torque to that of Cedia's 116 BHP and 175 nm of torque

Could be off topic..but I wanted your views!!!
The Magnum has a turbocharger and a compression ratio of over 15:1 (I'm guessing), and it runs on diesel. So there's really no point comparing.

Quote:
Coming to think of it.....
Both of them are FWD
Optra has a lower centre of gravity, so ideally it should corner better than the Cedia.

May in terms of chasis...Cedia is rally bred ...so it should be stiffer and make a difference in the corners....
It isn't just CG that matters. Front and rear track, wheelbase, suspension setup, all play a major role. You'd be surprised what a good suspension setup would do to the handling of a car.
Old 12th September 2007, 21:48   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Upgraded my car's rubber to Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 205/60 R15 today. The ride quality improved tremendously and the car feels nicely planted on the road. Unbelievably good tyres. Highly recommended if anyone intends to change the stock rubber.
Quote:
Megger first thing to do is change the tyres. I wanted to change them for a while and now that I've finally done so, the difference is unbelievable. All the bumpiness cos of the hard suspension has completely disappeared.
You praise the tyres so much. And you didnt even tell the nice people where you got it from .

Mitsu gave you a 6000/- voucher..... Who knows what you might get from us ??

j/k.

And BTW, nice write up... These are the kinds of threads that make me wish I was more regular on t-bhp.
Old 12th September 2007, 21:55   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
You praise the tyres so much. And you didnt even tell the nice people where you got it from .
So does this mean we can all show up and get tyres at cost price?
Old 12th September 2007, 22:07   #169
BHPian

Hey guys...am about to join the club...but unlike you guys i commute a lot...2.5 k a month..so waiting for the dual fuel option...says will be delivered by oct 15.
Old 12th September 2007, 22:14   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
So does this mean we can all show up and get tyres at cost price?
naaah... he didnt get it at cost price....

But yes, you can all show up.... will get you a price cheaper than the MRP for sure....
Old 12th September 2007, 23:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

nikhly can you send me some tyres from bangalore ?
Old 12th September 2007, 23:56   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
nikhly can you send me some tyres from bangalore ?
Add the cost of shipping and you might as well buy them in Madras

Buy MRF. Chaos recommends it over most other tyres (Except his PP2s)

PS: Nikhly doesnt sound as good as Baatli ... lol..
Old 13th September 2007, 01:52   #173
Senior - BHPian

Heh heh yup nikhily's tire shop has top class service... highly recommended... Tyre Professionals on RV road. Oh forgot to mention... got a Reebok Track Suit worth 1900 bucks with the tyres

Last edited by reignofchaos : 13th September 2007 at 01:54.
Old 13th September 2007, 02:43   #174
Senior - BHPian

i'll gladly pay for shipping if i'm getting some free tyres and chaos suggested ceat i think for my car
Old 13th September 2007, 08:22   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey buddy reignofchaos, hope you can find an answer to my question. Cedia is a good car but it comes at 10L. Why doesn't Mitsubishi launch no frills Cedia (no ABS, EBD, Airbags, ) at 8L and beat the hell out of Honda's NHC & Maruti's SX4?
There are lot of people out here who want to buy Cedia, can't afford 10L but can afford 8L?
I would even recommend if one can stretch a little 8+, consider SX4 or any car with better safety that without. There is a lot of debate around ABS but airbags are a must.

If 9+ Cedia is anyways a good choice !
Old 13th September 2007, 15:59   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heh heh yup nikhily's tire shop has top class service... highly recommended... Tyre Professionals on RV road. Oh forgot to mention... got a Reebok Track Suit worth 1900 bucks with the tyres
thanks....but that was nothing to be honest....

I would have preferred taking you to my dad's shop (Madhus Enterprises) on Langford Road. But that is an exclusive MRF showroom and they would have to get the tyres from Tyre Professionals anyway.... so, it made sense to come to the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
i'll gladly pay for shipping if i'm getting some free tyres and chaos suggested ceat i think for my car

Who says you are getting free tyres ??

PS: Also, the double road shop has Nitrogen inflation...whatever tyre you buy, they fill Nitrogen and not normal pressurised air.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 13th September 2007 at 16:01.
Old 13th September 2007, 17:42   #177
BHPian

Got first service done on my Cedia. General checkup and top-up of engine oil, brake fluids, etc.

Also, got the front grill painted black at the dealership itself. Had two options of metallic jet black or dull black. Chose the former.

Looks great now as compared to body colored grill.
Old 13th September 2007, 18:27   #178
BHPian

Quote:
How would you compare Cedia to that of the Optra Magnum?
With a similar 2.0 ltr engine (Diesel), there are able to produce 120 BHP and a whooping 314 nm of Torque to that of Cedia's 116 BHP and 175 nm of torque

Could be off topic..but I wanted your views!!!
Car to Car... I believe the Magnum is way better...

1. Performance: The Tcdi is great, period. The torque in Magnum is 80% more than the Cedia.
2. Space: The two are comparable. The rear seats are more comfortable on the Magnum.
3. Ride: Optra has a better ride - plush is the word. Of course, this means handling is compromised.
4. FE: As per Autocar, Magnum delivers 11.5kmpl in city against the 10kmpl of Cedia. If the Diesel:Petrol difference is offset, the Magnum delivers a whooping 16.3kmpl against the 10kmpl of Cedia (in city conditions).
5. Interiors: Personally I believe the layout of Cedia dashboard is way more elegant than the Magnum dashboard. In particular, the depth of the dash, the three tone works, AC vents layout and overall beige interiors are better on the Cedia.
Old 17th September 2007, 13:43   #179
BHPian

I also have been seing the add of NHC with safety additions.
If they have added 60K to the OTR then its crazy !!

But the Honda branding is soo strong that people are truely carried away with it. A friend of mine who has been owning cars since the Fiat Premier Padmini days can only say "Honda is Honda", "They are the best" etc etc.

However, there are entusiast friends of mine who like it the other way and realise the value in CEDIA.
Old 18th September 2007, 11:42   #180
BHPian

Guys, saw a black Cedia Sports on Old Madras Road yesterday evening with a K.R Puram Registration. Looked hot! It was nice and a rare sight to see another Cedia on the road besides mine. Wonder if the owner is a BHPian!
Closed Thread