Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2007, 21:42   #196
VMG
BHPian

Yes, I have seen one. But it is not very bad. May be Santro size, or bigger than Santro.
Old 24th September 2007, 09:27   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
megger, have you seen one?
Yes I have - at Lathangi, Bangalore
Old 25th September 2007, 11:03   #198
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I dont know which one of your Cedia's it was, but I saw a dark blue Cedia going from South Mumbai to the suburbs around 7 p.m. It had a "www.Team-BHP.com" sticker nicely put on the dicky (where the manufacturer name usually is).

Whoever it was, THANKS! You made my evening.
Old 25th September 2007, 11:59   #199
BHPian

Yes... I too see many Cedias on Bangalore road these days. But, not as many as the number of Mercs!!!

Well, that puts Cedias in a more exclusive zone!!!

Recent Road Trip:

I did a trip to Palani in the last week end on my Cedia. And, the clock read 10,300km on Sunday midnight.

The road was good till Krishnagiri (GQ), OK till Dharmapuri, bad till Thoppur ghat section, and ugly for about 20km beyond that. The bad sections of the road are due to ignorance by NHAI - just because they are building the four laner which is due by December 2008!!! Stretch from Salem to Karur was OK too. The road beyond Karur was silk smooth upto Palani - though it was only a SH.

The drive was very good - except the 20km section beyond Thoppur ghats. I had to be content with 60kmph in that section.

The car handled very well on potholed roads and never once did it lose the line of drive!!!

In spite of driving for 560km on Sunday and over varying road surfaces, I was not dead beat - says a lot about the comfort the Cedia offers.

Problems (all fixed) till 10,300km:

1. Rattle from bouncing boot torsion bar - fixed by Southern Motors using rubber sheets and glue tape
2. Rattle from door panels - due to door lever connecting links coming off their plastic guides - fixed by putting the links back on to guides

Maintenance:

1. First Service at 1000km - no cost
2. Second Service at 7600km - Rs. 780.00
3. Four wheel Tire rotation done at 10,300km - no cost
Old 25th September 2007, 23:28   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
In spite of driving for 560km on Sunday and over varying road surfaces, I was not dead beat - says a lot about the comfort the Cedia offers.
How many people were in the car? If there were any in the back seat, how comfortable were they during the journey? I heard the low seating position in the back could be a problem on long trips.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:36   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
How many people were in the car? If there were any in the back seat, how comfortable were they during the journey? I heard the low seating position in the back could be a problem on long trips.
It was me, my wife and kid. They were shuffling between front and rear seats at each stop. Beyond 9:00pm on Sunday, they slept right through, until I reached home, on the back seat.

Well, You are right. The rear seats aren't great for taller people (above 5' 6") due to lack of thigh support. But, you get to stretch out the legs due to extra large knee room.

Even on the ride from Namakkal to Palani, we were five in all (including my uncle and aunt). There were no complaints.

Before finalizing the Cedia, earlier this year, I did consider the height of my family members and realized that Cedia seats would be comfortable to my family.
Old 27th September 2007, 08:20   #202
BHPian

I also tried rear seats of my car the day before yesterday in parked condition. Thought leg-room is great, but for my height it doesn't provide good thigh support, but works fine for my family.

Is there no standard for depth of seats? or are seats designed for Japs or may be lower height causes discomfort
Old 28th September 2007, 00:37   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I also tried rear seats of my car the day before yesterday in parked condition. Thought leg-room is great, but for my height it doesn't provide good thigh support, but works fine for my family.

Is there no standard for depth of seats? or are seats designed for Japs or may be lower height causes discomfort
A tyre dealer I know, has owned quite a few cars and is looking around for a new car. He is very impressed by the Cedia's performance, handling, etc. but the only reason he won't book one is because of it's low seating. He's a six footer. Apparently he was told by his doctor to avoid low seating cars so as to prevent back problems.
Old 28th September 2007, 00:42   #204
BHPian

bro i got my cedia, and got a kenwood audio unit, and what speakers do they have installed in there?? what brand? a pair of 6x9's and a pair of 6.5" mid-range drivers ahead i guess... enlighten me comrade
Old 28th September 2007, 11:02   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
bro i got my cedia, and got a kenwood audio unit, and what speakers do they have installed in there?? what brand? a pair of 6x9's and a pair of 6.5" mid-range drivers ahead i guess... enlighten me comrade
The speakers in the Cedia are "Mitsubishi Electric" speakers... 6" rounds at the back... not sure about the size of front speakers....

Talking of speakers, I have used Pioneer 6X9 and 6.5" rounds, 3 and 4 ways, in my earlier cars with Pioneer and Kenwood HUs. I have been choosy in sizing the speakers - always preferred large heavy magnets - paid higher prices for them.

BUT, The speakers in Cedia are like Magic... The fitment and baffling on the rear is superb... though the magnets are puny in comparison to what I had in my earlier cars...

When I saw the speakers (when the car was delivered), I was disappointed - and considered upgrading the speakers down the line. But, now I realize the OE speakers are far superior. Size of magnets didn't really seem to matter. So much so, I believe it takes good amount of money to get better sound quality than the OE set.

BTW, I got a Sony Xplod HU on my Cedia.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:23   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
A tyre dealer I know, has owned quite a few cars and is looking around for a new car. He is very impressed by the Cedia's performance, handling, etc. but the only reason he won't book one is because of it's low seating. He's a six footer. Apparently he was told by his doctor to avoid low seating cars so as to prevent back problems.
I feel there are no issues with the driver or even front co-passenger seat, however rear seats are a challenge only for taller people.

I am still wondering what is it that way in Cedia which is said to be entry-level D segment car in which there are fair chances that owner would prefer to be driven around

BTW, what really differentiates a C & D segment cars?
Old 28th September 2007, 16:50   #207
Senior - BHPian

Heh... the front seats are never an issue... I'm 6'1" and never had a problem getting in and out of the car. The back seat might be a problem though.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 28th September 2007 at 16:52.
Old 28th September 2007, 16:54   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
Thats rather strange... I got a blaupunkt MP46 head unit. I saw the same HU in all the other cars!
Old 28th September 2007, 17:01   #209
BHPian

Yeah, even I have Bahama MP46 and saw the same in other available cedias too
Old 28th September 2007, 17:02   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Heh... the front seats are never an issue... I'm 6'1" and never had a problem getting in and out of the car. The back seat might be a problem though.

@reingofchaos, usually front seats are placed a tad lower than the back seats. If you are comfortable getting in and out of front seat, the back could only be better aint it?
Closed Thread