Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 28th September 2007, 17:03   #211
BHPian

Default Kenwood in dash CD stock on my CEDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Thats rather strange... I got a blaupunkt MP46 head unit. I saw the same HU in all the other cars!
Just to put on record, my March 2006 CEDIA Elegance also came with a factory fitted KENWOOD in dash CD changer. And this is my first car that I am satisfied with decent sound performance from a stock ICE, without having to upgrade.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:11   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Just to put on record, my March 2006 CEDIA Elegance also came with a factory fitted KENWOOD in dash CD changer. And this is my first car that I am satisfied with decent sound performance from a stock ICE, without having to upgrade.
Only in mid 2007 did they change to Blaupunkt. Before that all Cedia's came with the kenwood HU. Also, since president has the elegance model, his radio antenna will be a manual winding one on the A-pillar.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:12   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
@reingofchaos, usually front seats are placed a tad lower than the back seats. If you are comfortable getting in and out of front seat, the back could only be better aint it?
As I said, I'm not sure... as I said i've never been on the back seat .

@President: The car used to come with kenwood earlier. Now they've completely switched over to blaupunkt. Thats why its surprising to find a kenwood equipped car. Yup the stock ICE is more than satisfactory if you are not an audiophile.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 28th September 2007 at 17:13.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:20   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I am still wondering what is it that way in Cedia which is said to be entry-level D segment car in which there are fair chances that owner would prefer to be driven around
You are probably right. It is priced as an entry level D segment car, but not a type purchased for the owner to be chauffered around in. Must actually belong to a niche segment - the "enthusiast's segment".
Old 29th September 2007, 07:29   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
@reingofchaos, usually front seats are placed a tad lower than the back seats. If you are comfortable getting in and out of front seat, the back could only be better aint it?
Guys, I never said geting in/out is a problem. The only problem is thigh support while sitting on the rear seats for six-footers, and that too should matter on a long drive.

I still wouldn't mind buying a Cedia again despite this fact
Old 30th September 2007, 00:30   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I still wouldn't mind buying a Cedia again despite this fact
Another aspect that stands out in the Cedia's spec is it's turning radius - just 4.9m is impressive for a car of it's size. Is it really that good on road? I've heard very good things about the City's turning radius (which also happens to be 4.9m).
Old 30th September 2007, 02:03   #217
BHPian

whats the top speed??
company website says 180kmph..
autocar india says 195 kmph
car india says 204.5 kmph???? - don't think so

another thing i wanted to know was... i read the mag. top gear india, it said that out of spirit and select trims for the cedia.. the select trim was totally amazing, and one should buy that, if he could give up the leather seats. what does that mean?? i didn't quite understand that... and it was a 1 paragraph article... no specs, etc. were mentioned..
thanks
Old 30th September 2007, 02:58   #218
Senior - BHPian

205 on speedo is the max I've hit. Considering a 10-15km/hr error, I'd say the top speed is around 190-195.
Old 1st October 2007, 08:12   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Another aspect that stands out in the Cedia's spec is it's turning radius - just 4.9m is impressive for a car of it's size. Is it really that good on road? I've heard very good things about the City's turning radius (which also happens to be 4.9m).
Cblazer, Cedia turning radius is incredible. It feels just like a small car
Old 1st October 2007, 11:14   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
whats the top speed??
company website says 180kmph..
autocar india says 195 kmph
car india says 204.5 kmph???? - don't think so

another thing i wanted to know was... i read the mag. top gear india, it said that out of spirit and select trims for the cedia.. the select trim was totally amazing, and one should buy that, if he could give up the leather seats. what does that mean?? i didn't quite understand that... and it was a 1 paragraph article... no specs, etc. were mentioned..
thanks
AFAIK, leather trim is the only difference between Spirit and Select... Probably that is what he meant by "Go for Select"...
Old 1st October 2007, 13:07   #221
Senior - BHPian

Its a ridiculously easy to drive car... feels just like a small car even though the body is quite substantial. Try driving one and you'll realize.
Old 1st October 2007, 18:13   #222
BHPian

reingofchaos, I'm planning to buy Warm Silver Cedia Spirit.
I needed a safe family car mainly for city driving (30 kms daily in Pune) and ~600 kms Highway driving once in 2 months.

Are stock headlights good enough? Spirit does not come equipped with Fog lamps. Has anyone fitted fog lamps on Spirit/Select? for how much?

Will the tyre upgrade to Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 in 205/60 R15 size cause any drop in FE?
What to expect after the upgrade? Handling/Ride or both?

For run-in period, which fuel is recommended? Speed or normal unleaded?
Old 1st October 2007, 18:54   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
reingofchaos, I'm planning to buy Warm Silver Cedia Spirit.
I needed a safe family car mainly for city driving (30 kms daily in Pune) and ~600 kms Highway driving once in 2 months.
The car would probably fit the bill

Quote:
Are stock headlights good enough? Spirit does not come equipped with Fog lamps. Has anyone fitted fog lamps on Spirit/Select? for how much?
I think it comes with stock philips bulbs and I've never had any issue with lighting. I think the fogs are fixable by the dealer. Not sure what the price is as I never asked.

Quote:
Will the tyre upgrade to Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 in 205/60 R15 size cause any drop in FE?
What to expect after the upgrade? Handling/Ride or both?

For run-in period, which fuel is recommended? Speed or normal unleaded?

The FE seems to have gone down slightly... initially I was getting roughly around 10.5km/ltr and now its around 9.5km/ltr. I've put regular Shell Unleaded all the time. I was advised by the service manager to not go for anything other than regular fuel.
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:03   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Its a ridiculously easy to drive car... feels just like a small car even though the body is quite substantial. Try driving one and you'll realize.
I plan to get a TD soon from Lathangi. I stay on the other side of Bangalore and am waiting for another friend who is also interested in the car. Is Bannerghata road as bad as it used to be? I want to see how the car rides on bad roads ...
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:26   #225
BHPian

Default Blue CEDIA with "www.Team-BHP.com" stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I dont know which one of your Cedia's it was, but I saw a dark blue Cedia going from South Mumbai to the suburbs around 7 p.m. It had a "www.Team-BHP.com" sticker nicely put on the dicky (where the manufacturer name usually is).

Whoever it was, THANKS! You made my evening.
Hey GTO,

That was my Blue CEDIA with the Team-BHP stickers which were custom made in-house by me for my Beauty. By the way, my CEDIA is from the first Lot (March 2006) and I presume that it could be a fully Japanese product as the badging on my car is surprisingly different than all the other CEDIAs I've noticed. It is a fully loaded non-sports model, but never came with the "ELEGANCE" badge on the Dicky. Thats why I utilised that space for the new sticker. Unlike other CEDIAs, my car also doesn't have "2.0" badging over the orange side signal indicators. Instead, it has just a "LANCER" badge over the left side indicator. This makes my car something unique within the Indian CEDIA family.
Incidentally, I am into Signage and Stickers and you will see a lot more additions on my gaddi in the future.

Likewise, you made my day, too......... by appreciating my passionate efforts. Thanks.
CEDIA
Closed Thread