Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 2nd August 2007, 17:26   #91
BHPian

so basically i dont have to freak out right?
today's drive was really crappy in bumper to bumper traffic.
Hope this does not affect my run in (read the run in thread 3-4 times now).

also, my car had lots of dust even on the dashboard.
does this mean the car was parked in the godown for a long time??
Old 2nd August 2007, 23:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Check the date of manufacture. It should be there alongwith the Chassis number.
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:07   #93
BHPian

i had asked the lady to ensure it is a 2007 model only.
what happens if it is older? :(
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry... its a 2007 model. They cannot sell a 2006 model as a 2007 by law. Anyway vid6639 cleared up the rust bit.
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Really good review man. These are the times when we understand that really good cars never do well in terms of 'numbers' in India. I've rarely seen a cedia on the road. Dont know why. Is it becaouse it is really very expensive to maintain? What do you think about spare costs.
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Spares are more expensive than Honda and Toyota but I'd not be needing any spares in the next 3 years(warranty) and hopefully beyond. Regular maintenance is no more expensive than any other sedan. I think I posted maintenance costs in the other thread. Cedia didn't sell earlier cos it was overpriced. However with price cuts and improved features, the car is finding more buyers of late.
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:26   #97
Team-BHP Support

As mentioned by others here, i have started seeing more Cedias of late here in Bangalore. Saw a yellow sports version yesterday. I liked the rear of the car, but yet to accept the front.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:46   #98
BHPian

reignofchaos
chief. are you aware that the waranty does not cover clutch assembly,plates n many other parts?
on second thought am not too sure if my indica had complete coverage either. heheh

anyone ever wonder about fitting a moon roof on a sport?
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:00   #99
Senior - BHPian

^^Yup aware of it... consumables and parts that have wear and tear are not covered by warranty on any car.

Edit: To clarify thats for 3rd yr extended warranty. For first two years everything is covered.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 3rd August 2007 at 15:04.
Old 6th August 2007, 10:54   #100
BHPian

nope.
i specifically asked the sales ppl at metro motors.
the clutch parts are not covered in the first 2 years either.
:(
please let me know if am mistaken (will give me some more sound sleep as i ride the clutch in a climb of powai hill daily to office)
Old 6th August 2007, 11:10   #101
Senior - BHPian

^^AFAIK they are covered. I shall confirm with my dealer once I get back to India.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:24   #102
BHPian

Ranjith, the rust on the discs is a common feature in the monsoons. If the car is left unused and idle outdoors in the rains then the rust develops on the discs but the moment you've driven the car half a kilometer and braked mildly the rust disappears due to the friction between the pads and the disc.
BTW, you should be glad to know that the CEDIA sales have picked up from 25 units to 80 units a month.
Isn't that encouraging?

But, I only hope Metro Motors in Mumbai start considering to expand its service network or else it will soon be a humorous site watching them service the excess cars on their adjacent footpaths as I can see only one service bay in the whole workshop that can park only 10 to 15 cars bumper to bumper for repairs and routine servicing.
I am told they have to send the accident cars to a Vashi/New Bombay location for denting and painting as they do not have enough space for such work either in the present set up.
Keeping fingers crossed!
Old 9th August 2007, 09:27   #103
BHPian

It is true that cedia sales have picked up. Here in Hyderabad, I see more cedias (new) than I have seen in the past. The place where I work, 3 of us have booked Cedia and expecting delivery next week.

Hyderabad mitshu dealer(Sureka) has opened one more outlet (at Jubilee hills) which is again signs of more sales.

With the LPG slotted next month, its bound to grow more.
Old 9th August 2007, 11:00   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
But, I only hope Metro Motors in Mumbai start considering to expand its service network or else ....

One of the sales guy at Metro told me; Vashi workshop is also used for regular service and maintenence.
Also they are planning to setup new showroom / service station at Andheri, early next year.
Old 13th August 2007, 18:45   #105
BHPian

Absolutely same information was given to me also.
Was a very happy thing actually as i have to travel all the way from the other end of mumbai to get to metro motors.

Btw, got additional 15K off due to some miscalculations in Octroi for thane.
that totals my deal at 9.6 OTR. =10.3 L -30K - 5K accessories - 15K off due to the miscalculation - 7.5K NCB - some other 10K (have to check where i got this last discount).
heheheheheh

Btw, i got really worried the first tank full (50L) only delivered 330 odd kms. its improving as the engine gets run in. am getting 9.5 approx in second filling. will go to another 1 to 2 KMS after 1st service right?
that would put it at 10.5 to 11.5 in city mostly with really horrible drives at 1st n second gear 50% of the time and AC at 90% with underinflated tryes. should be 28psi on all four right?

Method i used to measure the avg is

1. fill up gas till it clicks in feuling auto shutoff
2. mark the current reading in km
3. check how many liters can be filled after reaching some round figure in kms till click in feuling auto shutoff.

cheers
Ranjith
Closed Thread