Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2007, 15:36   #121
BHPian

28 or 30 psi doesn't make any noticeable difference. However, company reccomends 30 so why not stick to company specs and play it safe. Bridgestone Potenzas originally coming from Japan were good. However, I am not sure if the ones being manufactured in India as OEM fitments on CEDIA deliver the same performance and durability.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:23   #122
BHPian

The service manager at my Cedia dealership advised me to have 28 psi for normal city driving and 30 psi for highway when there is more luggage and people in the car.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:19   #123
BHPian

"Choosing between the Cedia and the Fiesta is like choosing between a horse and a goat."
heheheheheh
i cant find the smiley icon to communicate how i feel right now.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my car's rubber to Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 205/60 R15 today. The ride quality improved tremendously and the car feels nicely planted on the road. Unbelievably good tyres. Highly recommended if anyone intends to change the stock rubber.
Old 25th August 2007, 10:05   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Upgraded my car's rubber to Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 205/60 R15 today. The ride quality improved tremendously and the car feels nicely planted on the road. Unbelievably good tyres. Highly recommended if anyone intends to change the stock rubber.
Nice upgrade. When are we gonna go a serious test

How much did you pay for those and how much did you get for the stock?
Old 25th August 2007, 10:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

Finally u changed the tyres
Great choice. Happy driving

Quote:
^^Just a weird query... does the air pressure in the tyre depend upon the profile and diameter of the tyre? Or is 30 psi universal?
Its not universal. It depends on various factors such as the profile of tyre, kerb weight of the car etc.
Zen mpfi recommends 24psi and Maruti Versa recommends 42psi.
Old 25th August 2007, 14:20   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
Took delivery of Black Cedia - Select yesterday (friday). Thanks for the cedia owners on this forum to help me decide and get away from Corolla and Fiesta
Congrats, look forward to seeing you at the next tbhp hyd meet with your black beast
Old 27th August 2007, 10:01   #128
BHPian

something wrong with my car i think.
Have done 1100 KMs and yet to get the 1st service done.

am not getting to the 10KMPL mark. rather its only 9 or 9.5 MAx if i am very carefull to minimise riding the clutch and cut back on AC.
by mistake i used the premium fuel with friction busters for half the run in :( I had read somewhere its not good to use fuel with friction busters during run in as it delays the runin.

Also I noticed that the engine is a bit noisy when you are out of the car. The cabin insulates the sound very well but the engine noise was clear when i got out.

Another thing I noticed, i get a feeling that the car is going faster than it actually is. i was at 130 and it felt really fast. even at 90-100 it feels like 110-120+
Anyone else felt that before ?
or am i immagining it?

The braking is really strong but not abrupt like other cars i have TD.

Anyone can tell me where i can get good phone attachment for the stock blaupunkt ICE? I basically want to pickup calls n also play music from my phone (standard sterio headphone jack)

Cheers
Ranjith
Old 27th August 2007, 17:28   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
X2! Have had these on my ride since 2004, they are awesome.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:43   #130
BHPian

Hello

I am new to Team-BHP. This is my first post.

I am excited to participate in discussions regarding automobiles.

I have owned an Alto Vx1.1 and Baleno earlier.

I now own a Cedia (Ashton Grey) Select model. I have covered 8800km on it till date. It is a 60-40 mixed use between city and highway driving. Yes, it is a good car. Overall mileage is around 10.7 kmpl. In city, I get around 9.5 kmpl and on the highway it gives around 13~14 kmpl.

Motorcycles - I have owned a Suzuki MAX100 (1994 model) and a HH CBZ (1999 model). I do not have a motorcycle now. But, I intend to buy one soon. Have narrowed down to the RE T-Bird (wish they offer a 500 AVL T-Bird).
Old 27th August 2007, 22:19   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
X2! Have had these on my ride since 2004, they are awesome.
wow! guns and roses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
Hello

I am new to Team-BHP. This is my first post.

I am excited to participate in discussions regarding automobiles.

I have owned an Alto Vx1.1 and Baleno earlier.

I now own a Cedia (Ashton Grey) Select model. I have covered 8800km on it till date. It is a 60-40 mixed use between city and highway driving. Yes, it is a good car. Overall mileage is around 10.7 kmpl. In city, I get around 9.5 kmpl and on the highway it gives around 13~14 kmpl.

Motorcycles - I have owned a Suzuki MAX100 (1994 model) and a HH CBZ (1999 model). I do not have a motorcycle now. But, I intend to buy one soon. Have narrowed down to the RE T-Bird (wish they offer a 500 AVL T-Bird).
attention ! we have a serious petrol head with us! Welcome to TBHP!

Thats a good mileage for Cedia. Which model is it? Select?
Old 28th August 2007, 08:38   #132
BHPian

Picked up my Cedia Select (Ashton Grey) yesterday. Reign have been recommended a free service for multiple referrals!

Yesterday the gas station attended almost filled Diesel in my car! Thankfullyhe was stopped just in time.
Old 28th August 2007, 10:50   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
wow! guns and roses!

attention ! we have a serious petrol head with us! Welcome to TBHP!

Thats a good mileage for Cedia. Which model is it? Select?
Thanks jkdas.

Yes. I own a Select Model. I bought it when it was the "Select EX". Recall the three months when Mitsubishi tried the EX route to slashing prices - well, I was one of the early ones to buy it at Rs.8.28L ex-showroom (a drop from Rs.9.09L).

Yes. I bought the car for good highway use - so you see the high miles. It is 6 months young now. I got the 6 month service done last week. The total charge was Rs. 780.00.

[BTW, I had one glitch with the boot lid torsion bar. It bounces too much and was creating a rattling noise from the boot area. If anyone of you are having the same problem, Please take your Cedia to the service center. They have a ready fix (with rubber sheets and glue tapes) to dampen out the oscillations.]
Old 28th August 2007, 10:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Picked up my Cedia Select (Ashton Grey) yesterday. Reign have been recommended a free service for multiple referrals!

Yesterday the gas station attended almost filled Diesel in my car! Thankfullyhe was stopped just in time.
Congratulations Megger, on your new car.

Yes, the gas station attendants have difficulty in recognizing the fuel to be used. Most of them ask explicitly about the fuel to be filled in. Do take care. Best bet is to go out and stand near the pump / gas gun before the pumping starts.
Old 28th August 2007, 17:47   #135
Senior - BHPian

Megger first thing to do is change the tyres. I wanted to change them for a while and now that I've finally done so, the difference is unbelievable. All the bumpiness cos of the hard suspension has completely disappeared.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 28th August 2007 at 17:52.
Closed Thread