Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th November 2007, 19:24   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I know its great to have synthetic oil. But wont it upset the engine warranty claim if anything comes up? Maruti specifically says OE oil only.
No issues with warranty. I gave it to my dealer, who himselgf sourced the flush for me, and then put the Mobil1 oil. It helps if you know the dealer though.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 02:40   #152
Senior - BHPian

@theMAg -Dont know if you are pulling my leg, anyway here is a closup of the clock.

kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 11:37   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@theMAg -Dont know if you are pulling my leg, anyway here is a closup of the clock.

Nice. For some reason this image never loaded when I saw it last.

Btw - I'll be enquiring abt the SX4's display with the cabin temp sensor when I leave my Swift for the 4th svc in a 1000 kms time. If it wont happen and RNS doesnt have this Nippon clock, I might need your help in getting this Nippon clock sourced/fitted at Pratham.

EDIT: I just compared your Nippon and the Titoni of the other car from your earlier pic - the Nippon is way more aesthetic and well integrated than the Titoni

Last edited by theMAG : 24th November 2007 at 11:50.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 16:03   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Btw - I'll be enquiring abt the SX4's display with the cabin temp sensor when I leave my Swift for the 4th svc in a 1000 kms time.
The SX4 has a external temperature sensor with the clock, not the cabin temperature sensor
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 22:29   #155
Senior - BHPian

@theMAG - I wouldn't really advise you to fit the clock. I had got all rattles fixed in my car, before I fixed the clock. The clock fixing guys undid all the good work and rattles came back with a vengeance. It was so bad that I could not stand it.

After eating their brains out, they managed to fix most of the rattles, but I showed them some minor rattle still happening at 1000 rpm. Upon investigation, they showed me something rattling from inside the clock. DUH !!

Not entirely convinced, so I will pay them one more visit.

Inspite of this, if you want the clock, I can come with you.
Old 24th November 2007, 22:33   #156
Senior - BHPian

btw, if you get the SX4 display fitted from RNS, it's me who is going to come with you to get it fitted.

I can always sell my clock to Souljah when/IF he gets his DDiS.
Old 25th November 2007, 14:38   #157
Senior - BHPian

theMag - Do let us know about the SX4 clock and sensor.

Also i am getting quite a few rattles but have not bothered to get it rectified, since i have read on the forum, they come back after some time, so i plan to get the boot damped and all, need theMag's help as he got it done some time back.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 21:24   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
..so i plan to get the boot damped and all, need theMag's help as he got it done some time back.
The dicky door was stuffed with cotton waste in all cavities and the door pad stuck with a single large sheet of sponge-foam quarter-inch thick. The same was stuck on all other door pads as well. Works like a charm - all road noise is filtered out, all rattles/vibes extinct and the audio sounds distinctly more upmarket.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 21:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I can always sell my clock to Souljah when/IF he gets his DDiS.
Sell? Chetta, gift

Car's coming all right but I dont know If I will get to use it !! New twist to the story now.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 22:26   #160
Senior - BHPian

I change oil and filter every 1000 kms.

Reasons
Bangalore traffic: My office is in M.G Road and I am a victim of bumper to bumper traffic, short travels.
Speed: I do stress my engine occassionaly.
Engine Life: Its a known fact that oil is the most important determinant of engine life, other factors remain the same.

Afterall, it is satisfying to know that its clean oil being used.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 22:28   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The car has one of the most advanced pieces of new technology under the bonnet, and they have 'problems' with technology that has been around for a few hundred years?
The engine's European and thr clock chinese (?)
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 11:43   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I change oil and filter every 1000 kms.

Reasons
Bangalore traffic: My office is in M.G Road and I am a victim of bumper to bumper traffic, short travels.
Speed: I do stress my engine occassionaly.
Engine Life: Its a known fact that oil is the most important determinant of engine life, other factors remain the same.

Afterall, it is satisfying to know that its clean oil being used.
Whoa !!! Every 1000 km ? Even though the reasons you state re valid, but isn't 1000 an overkill ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 13:22   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
kuttapan, please head straight to Konark Car accessories either in jayanagar or koramangala this saturday morning at around 10:30 sharp. if you go to koramangala, talk to ashok surana, and tell him i sent you there. ask him to install the philips 90/100 lamps for your swift, it costs 900, and he ll do it in about ten mins! enjoy
90/100 lamps for your swift, it costs 900 , It too costly , for my zen i just inquired yesterday shop keeper said Rs 150 for 1 Phillips Bulb + 10 rs installation Charge, it doesn't req cutouts ( relays ) total cost : 320Rs
Time for installation : 20 mins

Regards,
Jitendra
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 14:01   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys, relax.... The fuel filter costs Rs 950. Earlier it used to come with the entire housing kit which costed Rs 3500+. There is no need to change the housing.

I almost got a shock, cause this engine based car will be my next buy. Hopefully the new sedan.
Spoke to a Maruti mech last week, to get an official clarification on this.

He says that Maruti recommends changing the entire kit, because, the kit includes the 'water in diesel' sensor as well and it has to be changed at 20k km.
Of course, one can take a risk and change the filter alone(if at all you can get one) but then the sensor may go kaput soon after and catastrophe may result if water enters diesel.

Now I know what I am going to do at the 20k service, do you?
Old 26th November 2007, 14:12   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
90/100 lamps for your swift, it costs 900 , It too costly , for my zen i just inquired yesterday shop keeper said Rs 150 for 1 Phillips Bulb + 10 rs installation Charge, it doesn't req cutouts ( relays ) total cost : 320Rs
Time for installation : 20 mins

Regards,
Jitendra
Jitendra, 900 bucks would fetch you the wiring harness, the relay and the bulbs, that explains the cost. Not sure about the Zen but the Swift does require a relay (If I'm correct, the swift's horns don't require a relay though).
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote