Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th December 2007, 10:34   #181
Team-BHP Support

FIR is required for Insurance claims. Now he has an option to claim from the cab guys third part cover so kuttappan can save his cover.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 10:50   #182
Team-BHP Support

Very sorry to hear abt this Kuttapan. I get the feeling the cab driver was very inebriated.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 11:25   #183
tez
BHPian

very sorry to hear about this kuttapan. These cab drivers are a nuisance. Atleast all the passengers are safe. The car will be back in shape.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 12:06   #184
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear this Kuttapaa. Alhamdulillah (Praise to Allah), all the passengers are safe.

These cab drivers are the biggest nuisance on the road. I just HATE them.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 12:12   #185
Team-BHP Support

Kuttapai, sorry about the car. Looks like we all need to go through one of these unfortunate experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
My friend greases the palms of the two policemen, presumably to speak for us(later realise it was never needed in the first place).
Welcome to India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I have to get some more sleep. btw, I forgot to say this - I hate cabbies - I will hate them for the rest of my life.
Dont we all.

You are claiming insurance from the cabbie, right? What was the estimate of repairs you were provided with?
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 12:28   #186
BHPian

Real sorry to hear about what happened. It's something everyone dreads and I feel sorry that you have to go through all this for no fault of yours.
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 13:01   #187
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this and the biggest thing is nobody was hurt. I can imagine the trauma I had gone through in similar conditions although I was hit by a professor. The car will be back in shape don't worry...
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:33   #188
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your accident Kuttapan.

Invariably all such rear end collisions are due to the fact that the car that hits from the rear is inadequate on tyres (Always Bald tyres) or Brakes or both and they are speeding. I think here the education of taxi companies is essential and mandatory compliance certificate needs to be provided by the owner of these companies to ensure that they adhere to standard norms.

A check on brakes and tyres to be carried out each month on these cars and an approval to be sought from the manufacturer (Typically this is an RTO certified but our RTOs as you all know are up to making money). This should be made very seemless and ownership this should lie on both with the cab owners as well as the manufacturers.

Are the law makers listening?
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:46   #189
Senior - BHPian

I am claiming from my insurance. As I have filed a case, I have the option of claiming from his third party insurance(I have a feeling they dont have insurance, the way they came forward to offer money), but frankly, I don't have the time to run around. So I let them go.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Hopefully, my baby will be back in shape soon.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:49   #190
Senior - BHPian

@theMag - That's what I thought too. I checked with the doctor who treated him, but he replied in the negative.

I guess he is plain dumb, and took that turn too fast without looking, and he certainly wasn't expecting anyone to be parked on the roadside. I don't even think he had time to brake, just came and banged.
Old 10th December 2007, 15:02   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Once I started driving here and found it to be not as bad I thought, I began to realise one reason visitors have the impression that Indian driving is so wild and terrifying: it is because their experience of it is from cab and travels drivers, often insanely aggressive.

But this guy ran into the back of you, fast, when you were stopped at the side of the road. I wonder how many hours he'd been working: I wonder if he fell asleep?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 15:28   #192
Senior - BHPian

If he was indeed asleep, I wish he had found a tree. No, I don't wish him dead, at least my car would have been saved. I only hope that the bugger learns a lesson.
Old 10th December 2007, 16:16   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

He is probably convinced it was all your fault.

I guess he might loose his job, if he has cost the taxi company enough. I don't suppose you wish that on his family, either, but might be better for other road users
Old 10th December 2007, 18:48   #194
Senior - BHPian

Oh he will just find another job. Taxi drivers are always needed.

@blorebuddy - Sorry, I missed your post.
FIR is required because I did not agree for a compromise and pressed a case.

My insurance is affected because I lost all energy and interest in pursuing the case and getting his third party insurance, after spending close to 14 hours in the police station and decided to claim my insurance.

It is just my bad karma, this was always destined to happen. I am always at the wrong place at the right time.
Old 10th December 2007, 20:05   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am always at the wrong place at the right time.
Whoa! Remember the many, many, blissfully uneventful journeys you have made; even the near misses from which you have escaped unscathed.

I'm sure you are often in the right place at the right time: don't less this depress you.