Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th December 2007, 20:42   #196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I'm sure you are often in the right place at the right time: don't less this depress you.
Absolutely agree. Couldn't have put it better. Its just that we dont realize it coz we "escape" from being harmed
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 13:03   #197
BHPian

Kuttapan,
Is it a after thought? It would have been better to get the compensation from Janani when they have offerered before filing the case. (may be little more than 10k by negotiating)
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 13:08   #198
Senior - BHPian

Default Pics

The culprit - I think he took the turn without looking, but another Indica driver says he came straight. That does not explain the angle and moreover the road is long and straight, there was no way he could not have seen me, unless he was sleeping.

Another shot -

My baby - Butt ugly
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 13:11   #199
Senior - BHPian

@blorebuddy - They would give me money, only if I gave in writing that I had no complaint. Police would then not give me an ack. thats what the Police said. Anyway, I didn't contemplate too much about the pros and cons of each, just decided to go ahead with the case.

I did try negotiating, but 10k was all they were willing to give.

Last edited by kuttapan : 12th December 2007 at 13:20.
Old 12th December 2007, 13:16   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@blorebuddy - They would give me money, only if I gave in writing that I had no complaint. Police would then not give me an ack. thats what they said. Anyway, I didn't contemplate too much about the pros and cons of each, just decided to go ahead with the case.

I did try negotiating, but 10k was all they were willing to give.
Well, i think you should have taken the 10K and think of it as a very unfortunate incident and closed the matter. Court case is too much of a hassle, speaking from personal experience
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 13:18   #201
Team-BHP Support

damn hate to see such pics. Kuttappa you go the estimate?

i had a similar crash long time back while coming down a hill station, bus in front stopped and i had to stop and watch in the rear view mirror a drunk guy in an amby crash into the rear of the zen i was in.

luckily i had left some gap in front so avoided a front collusion with bus, and released the brakes when i saw the amby behind, which reduced the impact. still same gory image as your swift happened.

after this am paranoid of making emergency stops also, i keep peeking into my rear view mirror to see who is tail gating me.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 14:08   #202
BHPian

Kuttapan,

My regrets. All said and done, Your car will be back in good shape, till then Relax, have a couple of beers.
Rocky_Balboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 14:17   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Kuttapan,

My regrets. All said and done, Your car will be back in good shape, till then Relax, have a couple of beers.
With some kebabs
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 16:48   #204
Senior - BHPian

This was no emergency braking....I was coasting at about 40, and slowly bring myself to a stop. After a couple of seconds this guys announces himself on the scene.
Old 14th December 2007, 16:19   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
This was no emergency braking....I was coasting at about 40, and slowly bring myself to a stop. After a couple of seconds this guys announces himself on the scene.
No use killing yourself everytime you think about it, Get the car repaired pronto and pray that it never happens to you again .
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 22:34   #206
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes...I have gotten over it, thanks to the enouraging words of everyone. As Thad said, I have had many a sweet moment with my car, so savoruing them for the moment. My car should be back next weekend.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:22   #207
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear what happened to your car Kuttapan. Sometimes things are not in your hand.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 13:36   #208
Senior - BHPian

Been a long time since I updated this thread.

To cut a long story short, the car was delivered after much delay - some of the work was not done to my satisfaction, I took them to task, all hell broke loose but ultimately I had my Honeygold back.

Did a trip to Kochi and Chennai since then, she is now nearing the 15k mark and will soon go in for a fluid change.

Today, I spoke to a Maruti official from their regional office. I told him about the water leak issue when parked in overnight rains - he told me it is an issue with the sealant. Surprisingly, he said a remove and refix is not required, while Pratham guys had wanted to do just that and I did not oblige.

I mentioned the 'bad smell when blower is switched on' and he said something about oil droplets on the condenser and requested me to use fresh air mode for the first 2 minutes when the blower is switched on, apparently no permanent solution. Need to quiz him on the resistor theory when I meet him.

After the drive to Kochi on potholed roads in Tamilnadu, the suspension had developed a thud thud sound, which was discovered to be a loose nut on the front suspension arm. Good that I discovered it before the trip to Chennai, where I was consistently doing speeds of 140. Might have been a disaster otherwise.

Most of the rattling has been fixed at the dealer end, but new ones keep coming. I think the front window has now started rattling, even when it is fully rolled up. Which is why I requested an appointment with the Maruti guy.

Build quality is the only issue with this car(nothing that your ICE cannot cure, but being a perfectionist, I would like my car to be rattle free), otherwise it brings a smile to my face everytime I drive.

Mods - Please update the thread title to Swift Vdi ABS - 15000km update.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

btw, ABS is worth it's wieght in Gold. Coming back from Chennai, I took the Chittoor route for it's FTD factor, and overcooked a right hander. Coming in at a good speed, I realise that I am too fast, I nudge the brake mid corner, only for the inside front wheel to lock up. ABS makes the pedal judder, no drama, the car holds it's line and I heave a sigh of relief. In a non-ABS car, the consequences might have been bad, as a resulting skid would have made me go off the road into some rocks.
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:43   #210
Senior - BHPian

BUMP....Mods, please update the name of thread as requested couple of posts above.