Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th August 2007, 08:07   #91
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Kuttapan very nice reports ... Is there any rattling from the door panels?
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 23:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Only when you drive hard on bad roads, or fall into potholes...Otherwise no rattles from door panels, but a few rattles are there from the dashboard at certain rpms. Even the tissue box vibrates at 1100-1200 rpm.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 10:11   #93
Team-BHP Support

Three threads on the Swift D running in parallel, and i am glued to all of them. It doesnt require more than this to say how popular the car has become.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 23:46   #94
BHPian

hey guy i am planning to buy swift D my max running in month is 500Km and my height is 6.2' will this car be suitable for me?? and does every swift makes rattaling noise>>
varunghatge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 18:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

MAx running 500km does not really justify the difference in cost, it all depends on what your preferences are and how much budget you have.

All Swifts make rattling sounds when on bad roads, its the rattles on good roads that you should be bothered about. Swift cannot be called a rattle free car, though some lucky ones may claim so.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:28   #96
BHPian

How is your Michelin XM1 185/70 Tyres performing so far, how much you paid for them? Here in Cochin they are asking 3400/tyre. These tyres are having Asymmetrical patterns so it must be single sided and unidirectional so which is your 5th tyre.
My choices are Michelin XM1 185/70 or Bridestone Potenza GIII (Good models of Goodyear is not available here) need help on finalizing one.
BijuPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 19:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Three threads on the Swift D running in parallel, and i am glued to all of them. It doesnt require more than this to say how popular the car has become.
Hi , Nice to see u praising SWIFT after driving ur MIKE ( nice report man )

SWIFT is a car which belongs to LOVE ME OR HATE ME category, i am also following all the three threads on Vdi

And that is making me more anxious for the other cars to be launched with this DDis engine ( particularly some c - segment car from maruti & Grand punto from fiat)

I think FIAT is making the same engine at their ranjg'n plant
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 11:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

Been a while since I updated this thread. odo now shows 7200km(2.5 months), second service has been done some time back.

I changed Oil/Oil filter as Jaggu had done, though Maruti does not suggest it. I made sure I was watching my car, but I still could not identify the wiring harness check they did(never questioned what they were doing). So I took the car to the dealer again when I heard of the issue and they did the check once again(failed to check the seal in owners manual that it has been checked before).

Mileage has certainly improved, I hit 20kpl on my last visit to Kannur. Overall engine noise has come down as well, maybe it's partly due to the different fuel I am using(mostly HP normal diesel).

There was this irritating rattle@1200rpm coming from the car, so I took it to Pratham and they were clueless after checking everything for 2 hours. I needed to go to office, so Mr. Rajkumar requested that I leave the car with them for 2 days at a later date. I was skeptical, but l left the car with them nevertheless.

I get the car back at the promised time and surprise of surprises - there is no rattle. There is a person in charge of complaints in new models, he took a test drive with me to ensure that the problem is solved.They washed the car too, I was very happy with the service given by Pratham.

I half expected the rattles to come back on my drive to Kerala(Godawful roads) but they did not !

However, the curious water leak issue is still there, they did some realignment to the door at second service, has not solved the issue. This is now the only grouse I have against my car, but inspite of it, I smile from ear to ear everytime I drive my beauty.

Am travelling to Kerala again this weekend, so will visit Pratham once I am back.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:24   #99
BHPian

congratulations, kuttapan, on reaching your 20 kpl target. good to see you're exploiting your car.

@bensb - it's not just about following the swift's story, ben, but kudos to these guys who post the stories. make for interesting reads indeed.

keep it going, kuttapan!
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 13:24   #100
BHPian

congratulations, kuttapan, on reaching your 20 kpl target. good to see you're exploiting your car.

@bensb - it's not just about following the swift's story, ben, but kudos to these guys who post the stories. make for interesting reads, don't they?

keep it going, kuttapan!
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 20:30   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
@bensb - it's not just about following the swift's story, ben, but kudos to these guys who post the stories. make for interesting reads indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Hi , Nice to see u praising SWIFT after driving ur MIKE ( nice report man )
Guys, i was quite in love with the Swift D after taking a test drive, thats how much the car can make you fall for it.

@skandy : Must appreciate these guys for the writeups.
@breezy : Thanks for the kind words, buddy.

@kuttapan : Good to see that MUL is addressing the rattle issues with the Swift.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 10:58   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
How is your Michelin XM1 185/70 Tyres performing so far, how much you paid for them? Here in Cochin they are asking 3400/tyre. These tyres are having Asymmetrical patterns so it must be single sided and unidirectional so which is your 5th tyre.
My choices are Michelin XM1 185/70 or Bridestone Potenza GIII (Good models of Goodyear is not available here) need help on finalizing one.
Hi, Kuttapan
I'm sure you must have missed this post; otherwise I would have got a replay.
BijuPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 13:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
Hi, Kuttapan
I'm sure you must have missed this post; otherwise I would have got a replay.
Kuttapan, Biju is waiting for an "Action Replay"

Jokes apart, yes Kuttapan we are waiting for your reply.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 19:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Biju, I did read your post, but forgot to reply.

AFAIK, these are just asymmetric tyres, not directional. You just have to ensure the "OUTSIDE" mark of the tyre is actually on the outside. Does not change when you rotate tyres.
Old 17th September 2007, 19:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

I paid 3150/tyre. Use your bargaining skills, you can get it for much less than 3.4k