Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th November 2007, 17:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Got a 14kpl mileage this time. All city driving, No AC.
14 kmpl sounds fantastic, even if without A/C.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 18:04   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got a 14kpl mileage this time. All city driving, No AC.
Thats a pretty good mileage. My viva crdi gives me 14.5kmpl in city driving conditions with 50% AC coupled with a crazy driving style ( gear changes "always between 2.5K to 3K rpm). All this after i shifted to an IOC outlet ( now i get all my fills from here). Previously used to get 13.5kmpl with a BP outlet.

Filling station does make a difference
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 00:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Default Trip to Rajasthan

So, finally I went on a long road trip! And what a fantastic trip it was! I always wanted to goto Rajasthan, heard much about its roads. Finally I got to see it all. The total trip was close to 2400 kms. (Delhi > Jaipur > Ajmer > Pushkar > Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Bikaner > Jaipur > Delhi). The roads we so good, I never kept the needle below 100kph. I got 15 kpl altogether (with the needle always b/w 100-130).
Attaching some pics of the trip:

Also, the odo is nearing 9000. So will be posting a 10,000kms report soon.

regards,
Ashutosh
ashutoshb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 07:41   #64
BHPian

Good Photos and a great trip.

I guess thats a good mileage considering the speeds that you have maintained.

And a good thread on the Petrol Logan.
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 11:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

I am really amazed with this review. esp, your car color... cool. BLACK BEAUTY
I was so crazy on this Logan before the release. But once i read the review after launch [i think mouthshut??] I gave interest in this. They kept saying that the plastics are so bad, clutch pedal is not in right position, etc etc... But reading your review, I think its such a wonderful car. Great!!!
btw, not sure if I can ask this in this forum since its too early to ask... Anyway, how do you think about the resale value for this car?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 21:36   #66

Ashutosh, kudos to your great trip to Rajastan. It is wonderful that you have got 15kmpl on a speed of 100 to 130km. Pictures of your trip is very good. I have fitted remote boot release on my logan and it costed around 2000 rupees. I am also getting 16 kmpl on highways on my 1.6 logan with 50% a/c on.
rkparur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 23:47   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics.

Waiting for the 10,000 kms report!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 05:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all! The 10k review is coming soon!
@rkparur: good that you told me about the remote boot release. I'll get one fitted asap.

By the way I've been trying to arrange for some new things for my Logan. And as far as I know these will be the first on a Logan in India!! Will keep you guys informed.
Old 15th December 2007, 06:45   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Hows the paint keeping up? Easy to maintain without swirl marks?

Car looks neat and maintained in all the pics.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 13:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Crazy! Its been very difficult to maintain the black paint. There are minor scratches in the right hand side thanks to cyclists and bikers. Scratches which wouldn't normally show on some other colour.. say silver or pearl silver. Sadly, swirl marks are there, thanks to my servant . But now I make sure that it doesn't happen anymore.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:00   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But now I make sure that it doesn't happen anymore.
How ?

<20 characters>
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 14:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Default 15k review

Could not post a review at 10k, so finally now posting at 15ks. Nothing much has changed, the engine has become now even smoother & better. Got the remote boot opener fitted (at a spl price of 500), so one of the biggest pain is gone.

Drivability:
- People say hatches are better in city. When I used to the drive the Alto, I used to think the same. But not anymore. I find the Logan as comfortable to drive, as easy to park (its a bit wider than the alto, but now, that does not make much of a difference).

- The pickup is more than enough for me. It is underpowered, I admit, but has decent enough power to cruise effortlessly at 100kph all day long.

- Every week or fornight, I go to the Expressway, do a 160 and return back home. Just to see if everything is working fine! hee hee!!

Comfort:
- The seats, the seating position suits me well. The ride is good. The suspension is superb! You will have to sit in a Logan to appreciate the comfort it has.

- Highway journeys have never been so comfortable. I do not get tired, the way I used to in my Alto or even the Indigo. After the 13hr stint from Jaisalmer to Noida, I did not feel tired at all (only my neck was paining)!

- My parents loved the comfort of the rear seat.
- Friends said.. "it actually seats three!" (once, I even managed to squeeze in four!)

FE:

- Winter time.. so no A/c. City KPL hovers between 12-14kpl. It could be better but the conditions I drive in, can not help it. My office is two minutes away from my residence. So by the time the engine warms up, reaches its optimum temperature.. its time to get off the car.

- On the highways it has always been 15-16kpl.

- To get the maximum FE, one always has to keep the revs below 2k. I seldom do that. But when with parents or family aboard, it has always been sane speeds and that is when I got the maximum FE.

Rattling:
- Some part of the dash (or is it the gear console?) has started rattling. I think the gear console was not fixed properly after the fitment of remote boot release button. Will have to get it checked.

Interiors:
- Am fed up of these beige interiors. They get dirty so easily. I still want to get them repainted. Will get it done someday.

- Got the leather cover for the steering. The black and beige combo blends in perfectly with the beige interiors and the black art leather seat covers.

Some points worth mentioning:
- While cornering at high speeds, the stock tyres don't give much confidence. They are very comfortable though. Will soon go for 15 incher S-Drives or the likes.

- The Logan has descent ground clearance. Not even once the car's bottom has scrapped.

I'm recommending a diesel logan to my parents. They find the rear seat comfortable, the car gives good FE, spares are cheap, and they needed a spacious car.

One final thing I wanted to say. Competing with your neighbour will not take you anywhere in life. Do, what you think suits you the best.

p.s. if i've left anything, please feel free to ask.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:26   #73
BHPian

Great review Ashutosh..!

Quote:
One final thing I wanted to say. Competing with your neighbour will not take you anywhere in life. Do, what you think suits you the best.
Spot on there.. !
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 20:03   #74
BHPian

Nice to hear Ashutosh that you are pretty satisfied with your car, good review. have you ever thought of changing front grill, which I really dont like. I wish if I could get a grill like Aprio.
ezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 23:11   #75
Team-BHP Support

Thats a good update and a pretty reliable car.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote