Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th August 2017, 09:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti WagonR LXi is sweet 16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The issue of jerking while picking up speeds for near zero on lower gears got solved of its own, just like it happened after the previous service. I'll keep this in mind whenever I give the car for water wash or service in future. After that, i'll drive the car for about 30 kms so that the water dries up and the jerking stops!

So all's well that ends well!
Out of the several water washes my car (WagonR K10) has been through, I faced a similar issue only once. The car was having an erratic idle. When I slow down the car or stop the car, the idle RPM used to fall to 500-600 range before the anti-stall kicked in and pushed the RPM above 850-900 RPM. I took it back to the FNG where I had got it washed but I sense water would be culprit. The FNG owner had a look and concurred.

We decided to wait the night and investigate if the issue persists the next day. In about 12 hours and <5 km drive, the car was back to normal during the first crank next morning.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 19:52   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Out of the several water washes my car (WagonR K10) has been through, I faced a similar issue only once. The car was having an erratic idle. When I slow down the car or stop the car, the idle RPM used to fall to 500-600 range before the anti-stall kicked in and pushed the RPM above 850-900 RPM. I took it back to the FNG where I had got it washed but I sense water would be culprit. The FNG owner had a look and concurred.

We decided to wait the night and investigate if the issue persists the next day. In about 12 hours and <5 km drive, the car was back to normal during the first crank next morning.
Well, in my case the car was idle for a week after water washing. The issue persisted for 2 days after that idle period. Not sure why the water did not dry up.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 11:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, in my case the car was idle for a week after water washing. The issue persisted for 2 days after that idle period. Not sure why the water did not dry up.
Monsoon and moisture might have made difficult for a quick dry. I faced this issue in peak summer. Was the car run for long distances during those 2 days, enough to make the engine hot?
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 11:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Monsoon and moisture might have made difficult for a quick dry. I faced this issue in peak summer. Was the car run for long distances during those 2 days, enough to make the engine hot?
Yes, after idling for a week, the car was driven 28 kms on the first day, when it showed maximum symptoms. For instance, it was struggling to climb the Narne Road ghat to Jubilee Hills via Whisper Valley.

Based on my wife's complaint, I took it for an early morning spin on the second day, and found the jerks reducing after the 7 km drive. When she took the car to the same workplace, it showed minimum symptoms. They vanished totally on her return trip in the evening.
Old 16th August 2017, 12:03   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, after idling for a week, the car was driven 28 kms on the first day, when it showed maximum symptoms. For instance, it was struggling to climb the Narne Road ghat to Jubilee Hills via Whisper Valley.

Based on my wife's complaint, I took it for an early morning spin on the second day, and found the jerks reducing after the 7 km drive. When she took the car to the same workplace, it showed minimum symptoms. They vanished totally on her return trip in the evening.
Any chance water entered the fuel lines or spark-plugs (not sure if there is such a chance)? I have got similar symptoms on bikes after a pressure wash. It used to get solved after cleaning the carb and/or the spark plugs.

In my car, I faced the issue of erratic idle but no loss of power.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 11:41   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any chance water entered the fuel lines or spark-plugs (not sure if there is such a chance)? I have got similar symptoms on bikes after a pressure wash. It used to get solved after cleaning the carb and/or the spark plugs.

In my car, I faced the issue of erratic idle but no loss of power.
I think water droplets could have leaked into the spark plugs region, causing the spurts and drops in power. On the earlier occasion, the SA said it could be due to cleaning of spark plugs. He said the jerks will stop soon after a bit of carbon deposits on the plugs.