Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 16:35   #451
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Hey Ben, lovely pics man. Nice to know of an alternatve to the A** .
I am home these days and trying to cover some kms on dad's Ikon. Its done 4K kms in 3 years


Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

@Sammy, what size tyres did you go for ? What pressure are you maintaining
Hey Condor, I got the standard 175/70 R13, didnt upsize. Tyre pressure is 32 all round, tried a few combos but this one works the best for me.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 17:44   #452
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Ben,
Lovely pics man!! looks as good as new, you have maintained it well.
I am often lost admiring the color of your car. hehe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I am home these days and trying to cover some kms on dad's Ikon. Its done 4K kms in 3 years
Sam, put some pics of your dad's ikon too on your thread, only if he allows, that is!!!
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 11:36   #453
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,018
Thanked: 3,469 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Benny, hopefully you have found a suitable service center for your Ikon now. instead of having to come across all the way. The costs / billing look to be bare essentials without any of the other stupid charges (like consumables, car wash shampoo pouch etc that the A.S.S's charge).
Parwath, i am indeed glad i gave this place a try. For the first time since i took my car in for service, i was handed back the car in 2 hours flat! I also got to see the works being carried out on my car, and the experience was worth it.

At the dealer, i remember after handing in the car, it used to be hoisted up and then left there for hours before someone had a look at it, or worked on it. For similar jobs which were carried out, the process used to take a whole working day to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post
Hey Ben,

She is looking as gorgeous as she was the 1st day. congrats and kudos to you for keeping her that way.

My fiesta is doing good. I shifted to bombay,She has clocked around 36,000 on the ODO. Going strong.
Hormaz, good to see you. Been long since i saw you active on the forum. Good to know your Fiesta is doing good.

My car has some scratches n all, thanks to callous bikers, however these arent too visible in the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Ben, lovely pics man. Nice to know of an alternatve to the A** .
I am home these days and trying to cover some kms on dad's Ikon. Its done 4K kms in 3 years
Actually, this place is quite convenient for you as well. Let me know if you plan on doing so.

Also, about time you added more kms to your dad's Ikon. Pitiable running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Condor, I got the standard 175/70 R13, didnt upsize. Tyre pressure is 32 all round, tried a few combos but this one works the best for me.
You decided to still stick with MRF, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Ben,
Lovely pics man!! looks as good as new, you have maintained it well.
I am often lost admiring the color of your car. hehe!!!
As i had mentioned earlier, the scratches arent visible in the pics. As for the color, it helps to be unique. Thanks for the nice comments.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 12:04   #454
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Hey Benny, Mike's looking great, I just love this color. Its nice to know that you've found a good independant garage, I hope that some decent ones also spring up for the Fiesta in the future!

And I'm happy to see that you finally updated the thread title.

Last edited by suman : 29th September 2010 at 12:05.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 16:42   #455
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

How did I miss this thread till now.

I'm also in the league of 2006 Ford Ikon owners who are satisfied with the vehicle.

Bought it from Cauvery Ford on Jun 2006.
The one thing which I love about the car is its constant performance.
It gives 15-16 mileage from day 1 with 100-110 KMPH speed range with full A/C.

Other than cosmetic works,it never gave any big trouble till now.
It crossed 50,000 KM recently.
changed tyres at 45,000. MRF make. Some of them were almost completed its maximum possible usage.

Replaced with Bridgestone.

It was real nice car and because of its great control,I clocked 10,000KM within first 3 months.

Then after Honda and Innova took over the long journeys , it got some breathing space.
mykal shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 16:45   #456
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You decided to still stick with MRF, or something else?
No bro, Yokohama A Drives.

Last edited by sammyboy : 29th September 2010 at 16:46.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 16:40   #457
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@B]Benny[/b], hopefully you have found a suitable service center for your Ikon now. instead of having to come across all the way. The costs / billing look to be bare essentials without any of the other stupid charges (like consumables, car wash shampoo pouch etc that the A.S.S's charge).


@Sammy, what size tyres did you go for ? What pressure are you maintaining ?


@Priyan, loved the last pic in your post - with your son inside the car & those toy cars there. It's Cute ! And good to see you rolling closer to the magical 1L mark. Keep going !
Thanks buddy, my boy has a good collection of cars and his all time favorite is Ikon; he is telling me to keep the Ikon intact and wants to drive when he grows up... have now crossed 95k...

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th October 2010 at 01:55. Reason: Fixed quotes
Priyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 11:22   #458
BHPian
 
Damu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
...i had made up my mind to get the service done at an independent garage. The place i had in mind was Sejal Motors, located near Marathalli... I had earlier posted a review on the same place in the TBHP Directory.
Hi Ben,

Thanks for this useful information, and your recommendation of Sejal Motors. Now that my son has taken over my Ikon, I was looking for a good garage where he could get service and repairs at a lower rate than the official service centres. Also Marathahalli is close by and is on his work route.

One question: is he able to source spares for the Ikon?

Young Mr. Mike is looking as handsome as ever, congrats!
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 14:41   #459
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,018
Thanked: 3,469 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey Benny, Mike's looking great, I just love this color. Its nice to know that you've found a good independant garage, I hope that some decent ones also spring up for the Fiesta in the future!

And I'm happy to see that you finally updated the thread title.
Thanks, Suman.
As for the thread title, was waiting for a milestone before asking to get it updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
How did I miss this thread till now.

I'm also in the league of 2006 Ford Ikon owners who are satisfied with the vehicle.

Bought it from Cauvery Ford on Jun 2006.
The one thing which I love about the car is its constant performance.
It gives 15-16 mileage from day 1 with 100-110 KMPH speed range with full A/C.

Other than cosmetic works,it never gave any big trouble till now.
It crossed 50,000 KM recently.
changed tyres at 45,000. MRF make. Some of them were almost completed its maximum possible usage.

Replaced with Bridgestone.

It was real nice car and because of its great control,I clocked 10,000KM within first 3 months.

Then after Honda and Innova took over the long journeys , it got some breathing space.
Mykal, nice user name you got there!
Glad to see more happy owners of the Ikon.

Looks like we bought our respective cars not too far apart.
Mine was a Sep 2006 purchase, on my birthday. Earlier, my car was retricted to mostly interstate trips, and weekend shopping, but these days more than 40 kms a day on a petrol is the norm. I feel i am closely reaching the entry critria for a diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
No bro, Yokohama A Drives.
How does the car feel now? Has the braking and road noise improved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi Ben,

Thanks for this useful information, and your recommendation of Sejal Motors. Now that my son has taken over my Ikon, I was looking for a good garage where he could get service and repairs at a lower rate than the official service centres. Also Marathahalli is close by and is on his work route.

One question: is he able to source spares for the Ikon?

Young Mr. Mike is looking as handsome as ever, congrats!
Thanks for the nice comments, Damu.
Sejal Motors is definitely recommended. Let me know if you have any problems finding the place. I was surprised to see th review which i had put up about the place on TBHP being put up on the notice board there! Said it was given to him by some customer.

Between, does your son work in Electronic City?

Forgot to answer the question about spares : There is a spare parts shop, whose name i had provided earlier on this thread who is able to procure spares. I picked up the ignition coil as well as reverse light switch for replacement from them, and they suggsted Sejal Motors to me. I have also seen them keep stock of the silencer assembly for the Ikon.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th October 2010 at 14:43.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 16:41   #460
BHPian
 
Damu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Between, does your son work in Electronic City?
No Ben, his workplace is near Sarjapur junction, this place is on his route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Forgot to answer the question about spares : There is a spare parts shop, whose name i had provided earlier on this thread who is able to procure spares. I picked up the ignition coil as well as reverse light switch for replacement from them, and they suggsted Sejal Motors to me. I have also seen them keep stock of the silencer assembly for the Ikon.
Thanks Ben, just wanted to be sure they'd be able to source genuine Ford spares.
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 18:14   #461
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,018
Thanked: 3,469 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
No Ben, his workplace is near Sarjapur junction, this place is on his route.
Okie, the reason i had asked is because i had seen on 2 occassions a car which looked like yours in the vicinity of Sarjapur junction. It had slight damage on the driver's side. Thought it could be yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Thanks Ben, just wanted to be sure they'd be able to source genuine Ford spares.
The parts from the place which i mentioned does not carry the Ford Genuine Spares logo or anything, and is more of replacement spares from the same or other vendors. For example, the vendor for the ignition coil which i had purchased is the same as that which Ford procures, just that the vendor name is no longer displayed on that from Ford, but instead carries their own branding. Hope you got what i meant.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile, here is a something i noticed a few days ago. I wasnt observing the fuel guage, and so forgot to tank up around the 3/4th mark as i usually do, so the car ended up running till the needle on the fuel guage reached the red mark. I was surprised when i saw it, but i would have expected some sort of a warning light when such a situation occurred, but there was nothing.

Name:  Photo0237.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  112.8 KB

I am not sure of how much more the car could run, but didnt take any chance further, and tanked up. Anyone else had a chance to check if there is a warning lamp displayed in such a situation?
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 18:29   #462
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,736
Thanked: 4,312 Times
Default

Benny, LED gone bust ?

How much did the tank take in ? Norm for the level indicated by the needle, I hope.

Hope it's just the indicator having a problem.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 18:38   #463
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,746
Thanked: 7,449 Times
Default

I dont think ol models had warning lights, from red mark ie reserve i have done 80 kms once (highway)
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 18:52   #464
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,445
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Meanwhile, here is a something i noticed a few days ago. I wasnt observing the fuel guage, and so forgot to tank up around the 3/4th mark as i usually do, so the car ended up running till the needle on the fuel guage reached the red mark. I was surprised when i saw it, but i would have expected some sort of a warning light when such a situation occurred, but there was nothing.

Attachment 437938

I am not sure of how much more the car could run, but didnt take any chance further, and tanked up. Anyone else had a chance to check if there is a warning lamp displayed in such a situation?

Hi Benny,

There is no such warning light for my IKON too, and I guess our versions are more or less, the same. Also, you need not worry, even if the needle is at that mark, there would be enough fuel to run about 50-70kms safely. Sometimes, my gauge goes way below than that, even below the white mark. . (Thanks to dad and wife, they NEVER fill it)

Last edited by dhanushs : 12th October 2010 at 18:54.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 23:01   #465
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I dont think ol models had warning lights, from red mark ie reserve i have done 80 kms once (highway)
Mine is the September 2008 model and it also doesn't come with any LED indicator for low fuel warning. Mine still has the old analogue odometer.
Might be the new models of Ikon which were introduced in Nov 2008 have it.
@ Condor- Does your diesel Ikon has it ?
Best is to fill up around the red mark, it will still have around 10 litres at that point.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rajeshsundaram's 2013 Mahindra Xylo E8 with ABS & Airbags. Now, 50,000 kms completed rajeshsundaram Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 46 16th November 2016 12:19
Ford Ikon Flair -Ownership report EDIT: Now Retired @70K kms sammyboy Long-Term Ownership Reviews 122 9th May 2013 01:12
Damaged Reverse gear shift gate assembly - Ford Ikon Flair 2006 ilangop Technical Stuff 5 7th August 2010 17:55
New Footwear & other Updates done on my car. EDIT- 5th Set of New Tyres Fitted! iraghava Modifications & Accessories 144 5th April 2008 00:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:45.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks