Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th October 2009, 19:49   #106
BHPian

Cool Tyre Changed at 52878 kms

My Logan has new footwear.

Michelin Energy XM1+ 185/70/14 @ 14600 for a set of 4 tyres. The change was done at Tyre Store on Greams road, Chennai. Filled the tyres with Nitrogen, wheel balancing and alignment also done.

I will be going to Madurai for Diwali and that will be the first outing with the new tyres. Will update after the trip.

Advance Diwali wishes to all of you.
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 13:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Hi,
I go to the India Garage (VST) service centre at Velachery and their service is decent. I heard from them regarding GMS and that all the cars sold by GMS are being re-directed to IG for service.

You can call up 044-22430327 / 044-64505080 (India Garage) to book an appointment. They also have a pick up and drop service and charge Rs.250 for the same.

Hope this info is helpful.
Very Helpful. Thanks.

Infact I called IG Velachery and could book as Divali is closing in and I am a bit heldup this week. So I will book it for Service after Divali. Thanks again
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 17:18   #108
BHPian

Thumbs up

For the first few kilometers I was wondering if this was my car. I had to adapt my driving to the new tyres.

The ride felt soft and the car was changing lanes faster. The car grips better. Braking is better. Engine noise is more pronounced as the car runs quieter -tyre noise is very low.

The grip was confidence inspiring and I drove really fast. Tambaram to Madurai took only 5hrs of total driving time. Mileage measured tank full to tank full was 18.45, whereas it would have returned only 17 + in the older tyre, for a similar driving style. Definitely better.

Planning to do slower runs to "extract" more kms to the litre as Crude prices are headed northwards
Old 25th October 2009, 10:40   #109
BHPian

Quote:
For the first few kilometers I was wondering if this was my car. I had to adapt my driving to the new tyres.

The ride felt soft and the car was changing lanes faster. The car grips better. Braking is better. Engine noise is more pronounced as the car runs quieter -tyre noise is very low.

The grip was confidence inspiring and I drove really fast. Tambaram to Madurai took only 5hrs of total driving time. Mileage measured tank full to tank full was 18.45, whereas it would have returned only 17 + in the older tyre, for a similar driving style. Definitely better.

Planning to do slower runs to "extract" more kms to the litre as Crude prices are headed northwards
Definitely the XM1+ is the best. I upgraded to the same profile on my Logan when I did 3000kms, this was before I logged on to team-bhp. I did a 950km drive this diwali to Baroda and the tyres really helped in comfort, handling and grip. On my return, did 440km in 5.5 hours. Got 19kmpl on the whole trip, 19.13kmpl to be precise with 100% a/c and hard driving with the slightly underpowered 65bhp engine.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 14:33   #110
BHPian

Default 2 1/2 years and 57000kms later...

2 1/2 years and 57000 kms up.

Just a few niggling squeaks when going over bad roads.

Mileage is still great. Got almost 21 with AC (Thermostat at 1 and fan at 2)on a 1100km drive last weekend.

Am thoroughly enjoying it.

But i think the company has gone bonkers.. They have introduced the Logan "Tourer" in collaboration with luggage maker VIP... u get 3 bags in the boot and some colour coordination in the car on the inside. seat cover, steering cover etc..
Old 25th April 2010, 19:26   #111
BHPian

Arrow 33 Months and 64000 kms later

Logan has had its 6th Service done at 62000kms. They replaced / topped up all the fluids in car. The brake pads were also replaced. 30k kms is the life expectancy of the brake pads. The original schedule was to replace the timing belt at 60k kms, but the service advisor said, MRPL has postponed it to 80k kms.

The Michelin tyres have run in around 12k kms and still give the same performance. Thanks to good highways, the ride is very comfortable.

The spring in the glovebox door latch gave away and the service centre has some trouble in sourcing the spare door.

Hopefully with Mahindra taking the ownership for Logan, I sincerely hope volumes pick up. All Logan owners need spares right .

I have had fantastic performance with my Logan,till date. My expectations / reasoning for buying this car have been fully met. Most importantly I keep smiling at the "Bunk" .
Old 25th April 2010, 20:59   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 30000 km service cost me around 12k. In this service they change the accessories belt and the tensioner, which cost around 8000 and they changed the brake pads, apart from regular service.

The change of accessories belt etc. has been moved to 40,000kms as per latest information from service station.
Is this recomended in the owners/service manual. AFAIK all my cars crossed 1 lac without needing tensioner. Belt change based on visual inspection for cracks but that also nearing 80k.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 22:19   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is this recomended in the owners/service manual.
Yes. The service manual recommendation is as below for diesel version:

Accessories belt - 30000 kms

Timing belt - 60000 kms

And the above is for normal usage. In case of heavy usage like attaching a trailer or a caravan, the interval is shorter
Old 29th April 2010, 23:15   #114
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you are thoroughly enjoying the logan. Its a real nice car. Just that Renault got it wrong with the indian mindset when they promoted it as a low cost car

12K for 30K service!!! Isnt that very steep!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:25   #115
BHPian

Its been 37 months and i think this thread deserves an update.

Mofussil driving (City to City) has come down quite a bit and am currently doing only in-city driving.. (Sadly 25 to 30kms per week). Mom in law has moved to Chennai , so long drives to Madurai not required. I some how manage, motivate others and take them on long drives, marketing the mileage factor. If more than 2 weekends pass without driving.. i start getting the withdrawal symptoms.

Frankly, after so much of driving (hope i can say this after 67000 kms), the car feels as good as new, but for a few squeaks here and there.

Atlast Mahindra has started marketing for the Logan. With the price reduction, i am seeing an increase in the number of Logans on road. Hope this trend continues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Good to see you are thoroughly enjoying the logan. Its a real nice car. Just that Renault got it wrong with the indian mindset when they promoted it as a low cost car
12K for 30K service!!! Isnt that very steep!!
Sorry for the delaaaayed reply!!

Yes thoroughly enjoying the car. I decided on the Logan for its space and engine. I had done sufficient research on this and am quite satisfied with what I have. For this price, I could have got a mid variant of the Indigo DICoR.. but ended up deaf. The engine noise was quite high and not that convincing.

I think the multiple partnership strategy of Renault had simply failed. Guess each of them wanted a bigger cut of the pie. With Renault out, Mahindra cut the prices and the market has started picking up.

Again I don't remember Mahindra / Renault promoting the Logan in the first instance. Just a few ads and they thought they had created some visibility. I still remember the Hyundai Accent ads at the time of launch. That was marketing. Till date whatever promotional material I have got from Mahindra after buying the Logan from them, has been about the Scorpio.. Not even once in these 3 years.

The reasons for the 12k cost is available in the thread. Tensioner Belt, Tensioner, Brake Pads, Service etc..

The Logan went for its scheduled service at 70342 kms. 3 1/2 years have run and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Logan.

Service cost came to Rs.6,704/, including flushing and refilling of coolant.

It so happened that I noticed a fall in the coolant levels and topped it up with a coolant from HP.

But at the service centre, the service advisor told me that I had contaminated the original coolant and recommended flushing the contaminated one and refilling with fresh coolant. He said the coolant grade for Logan was a special one and was not available in the market. I did not want to take a risk, as the car is still under extended warranty.

Six more months for the extended warranty to expire. Thinking of taking the Logan to a different service station for the 4th year service, as the warranty would be expiring anyway.

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st November 2010 at 14:05. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:58   #116
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Logan went for its scheduled service at 70342 kms. 3 1/2 years have run and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Logan.
That's some heavy running! The Logan is a guaranteed long-termer and it's good to hear that the car is treating you well.

Quote:
Service cost came to Rs.6,704/, including flushing and refilling of coolant.
Very reasonable pricing. My suggestion : If you are happy with the dealership, use them atleast for scheduled services. Any major work - where the cost difference between the dealer & aftermarket workshop is substantial - you can opt for the latter. That's what I was doing with my OHC Vtec.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 14:38   #117
BHPian

Default Service time - Update 78250 kms

Its going to be the 4th birthday for the Logan shortly (July 11) and its about time for the 80k kms service. Actually not much of running since the last update, but managed to add another 8000 kms to the meter

Apart from the standard changes to Air / fuel filters, oil change etc., they changed the following in the service.

1. Timing Belt (Rs.3727.63)
2. Clutch Cable (770) - Clutch was too tight, so asked them to replace.
3. Bellow kit on Gearbox LH side (1180)
4. Torque rod (1658)
5. Brake - cyl assy wheel Rear brake (479)

I had complained of door rattling for which they replaced the door strikers.

So final bill came to Rs.17982.50 (Rs.4508 for labour and remaining for parts + taxes)

Logan is still performing as per my expectations. Car has become more silent now. Just enjoying it.
Old 29th August 2011, 22:20   #118
BHPian

Thumbs up My Logan DLE: Updated to 83,000 kms

Its 4 years and 1 month since the Logan and the meter reads 83300+ kms.

Engine feels as good as new. Still a strong pull is available.

Michelins have done a good 30000 kms since changing and are still good.

Mileage still around 18 to 21 depending on driving conditions, all highway with AC. Not much of City driving.

There is a slight problem with the AC Blower. I think its either loose or something is near the fan, which creates a racket when the blower is placed in speeds 3 or 4.
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 08:58   #119
BHPian

Default re: My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!

@pugram: many congrats on completing ~85K KMs in your Logan.

I recently took a Logan cab (Easycab) last week from the Bangalore airport and the odo reading was ~3,48,750 kms!! It felt really smooth even with that high running. And the best part was the driver claimed the engine hadn't been opened up yet.

I think you have a wonderful car! Happy motoring!
carZest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 09:22   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!

Quote:
Its 4 years and 1 month since the Logan and the meter reads 83300+ kms.

Engine feels as good as new. Still a strong pull is available.

Michelins have done a good 30000 kms since changing and are still good.

Mileage still around 18 to 21 depending on driving conditions, all highway with AC. Not much of City driving.

There is a slight problem with the AC Blower. I think its either loose or something is near the fan, which creates a racket when the blower is placed in speeds 3 or 4.

That's great! Hope it serves you more in the years to come.
Since you have been driving one for the last few years, do you feel there is a difference in built quality or so with Verito? And with respect to service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
@pugram: many congrats on completing ~85K KMs in your Logan.

I recently took a Logan cab (Easycab) last week from the Bangalore airport and the odo reading was ~3,48,750 kms!! It felt really smooth even with that high running. And the best part was the driver claimed the engine hadn't been opened up yet.

I think you have a wonderful car! Happy motoring!
Sure its 3,487,50 kms ?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote