Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 31st August 2011, 21:22   #121
BHPian

Default Re: My Logan DLE: Updated to 83000 kms

Thanks CarZest: I too have heard of such high kms in Logans, particularly the call taxi segment in B'lore. The previous high that I heard was around 2,34,000kms which was noted in one of the threads.

@jkdas: Thanks. I believe, but for cosmetic changes, there is not much difference in the basic build quality between Logan and Verito.

But frankly have not got inside a Verito till date .

The wiper action continues to be the same.

The power window switch locations also seem to be the same.

Mahindra has added 1)Roof rails 2)Chrome applique in the rear and 3) Rubbing strip to give it some macho look. But according to me the best thing they have done is give 3 rear headrests as standard for all variants. I have the DLE (Base) version and my rear seat occupants sorely miss this. Need to install this one of these days.

Mods: Can you please change the title to read 83000 kms
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 09:00   #122
BHPian

Default re: My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Sure its 3,487,50 kms ?
Yes! I double-checked with the driver on that. Of course he might have tampered it upwards!!! Wrt the engine not being opened up, we only have his word. But end of the day the car felt great.
carZest is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:20   #123
BHPian

Thumbs up Nearing 95,000 kms

Logan is nearing the 95,000 kms mark.

Did a routine service at 92,650km at a Private Garage - Full Throttle Automotive at Ekkatuthangal,Guindy, Chennai. The cost came to 4,600/= which is more or less similar to the service centre. Had to go the private way because I could not wait till the next available date at the Service centre. But for a drop in the coolant level during the first run subsequent to the service, no complaints.

Suggestions from the service centre - 1)Change of Clutch and 2) Brake pads at the next service.

With summer around, did a full service for the AC, as the throw and cooling was not sufficient, again at a private workshop - Sri Guru AC works, CIT Nagar, T.Nagar. They removed the dashboard, cleared the muck out of the evaporator (or is it the heat exchanger ). Now the cooling is good and so is the throw. Cost INR 2500.

Am super excited with the 1,00,000 km mark just around the corner. Planning to do a photo review of the car at that mark.
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Good to see some real high-mileage(as per Indian conditions) turbo diesels in the forum.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 23:52   #125
BHPian

@pugram, good to hear about your logan and the ownership experience. I also own a DLE model which is over 4 years old. Done 35,000 kms on the odo and giving good service without any issues. Till now i am very happy with my car.Looking forward for a photo review of your car.
Dushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 22:19   #126
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: My Logan DLE: Updated to 1,00,000 kms

Hi All,

4 Years and 10 months later my Logan has crossed the 1,00,000 km mark this weekend. I had been on a Chennai -Trichy - Uppiliappan Koil (Kumbakonam) - Chennai trip and the meter crossed 1 lac near papanasam.

The Logan has been super reliable till now. The objectives that I had when I bought this car are being met consistently. There are just few squeaks in the car, that too mostly when I drive half clutch in traffic in 2nd gear and is when the car also judders a bit.

The engine has just the right noise levels with the diesel clatter and turbo whistle definitely noticeable. But I enjoy this sound (Definitely not intrusive) and I feel this is the two way communication channel between the Driver and the car. The engine responds to throttle inputs the same way it did 5 years back.

Mileage is still consistent between 18 and 20 kmpl depending on my style of driving - with AC all the time. But I can definitely add that the Logan is built for a relaxed driving style.Just upshift at the right RPM and relax when the car cruises at 110kph @ 2600RPM on 5th gear.

The Michelin Energy XM1+ tyres have run around 47500+ kms after the Vectra's and are getting a bit noisy on the road. I think they are still good for another 5000km or so. Currently looking at XM 2+ as replacement,
though there is this urge to move to 165/80's (alternate profile recommended by the manufacturer) to check the effect of the same on mileage. But I was advised against it by my good friend at Tyrestore. He recommends me to stick to the OE profile of 185/70/14.

The Logan has had its fair share of minor dings, as shown in pics, nothing major.The gear knob is broken but lives an extended life due to the tape around it. Seems model has changed since Verito and the same needs to be ordered at the time of service which will get imported from France. Will change this at the next service and also need to do some touch up. I think I will also need to change the Clutch plate.

For washing, I use the AMWAY car wash, not on a regular basis though. Most of the times its just plain water. For the wiper fluid, I add 2 lidful's of AMWAY's SEE spray. This is good. For a quick external wipe, I use a Jopasu car duster and for the interiors have a Hoover handivac gifted by my bro which is good (but for some heavier sand particles).

I think I am justified when I say "Live to Drive".. Viva Team-bhp

Moderators: Please do modify the title to read "1,00,000"

As promised, some photos: photo of the meter taken from my mobile rest from my DSLR.
Attached Thumbnails
My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3500.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3501.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3505.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3506.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3510.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3512.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3514.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3523.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3532.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3534.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3528.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3530.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3531.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3536.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3525.jpg  

My Logan DLE: 8 years, 1,50,000 km update!-img_3526.jpg  

Attached Images

pugram is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 08:03   #127
BHPian

Hi Pugram, There is something wrong with the quality of the gear nob of the Logan, I suppose it’s hard and brittle, mine has cracked too, the new one comes leather wrapped and the price is a killer Rs 2490. I got mine changed a month back.
musicmanaman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 22:23   #128
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pugram, first of all congratulations on reaching the one lakh kms milestone, you & your Logan must have felt really special at that moment. I myself crossed that milestone a year back & felt very special. I stumbled upon your thread when I was searching for some long term ownership review of Erstwhile Logan (now Verito). Since I have read about the longevity of the dCi engine, good suspension & ample space of the Logan I am inclined towards upgrading to a pre-worshipped Logan/Verito. Hence wanted to get a feel of the maintenance costs/reliability etc. Though the maintenance cost does appear on the higher side, it is not out of this world & yes now I am convinced about the reliability after going through your thread.

I am thinking of getting a car, which has at least couple of months warranty left on it (though it could be an extended one), so essentially a 3-3.5 years old model & would have run about less than 50K kms. What quote should I expect, if I want to got for the top end model?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 18:39   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I am thinking of getting a car .. essentially a 3-3.5 years old model & would have run about less than 50K kms. What quote should I expect, if I want to got for the top end model?
Thanks for going through my thread and I am glad to be of help.

Logan is for those who prefer a relaxed driving style and not worried too much about the 0 ~ 100 timings. Currently the meter reading of my car is around 1,09,000kms and of these very few 100kms have been done inside the city. 99% of them have been covered on the highways. The 350km trip last weekend gave me 19kmpl with speeds around 100~110kmph.

Carwale.com generally gives a good valuation which is near market prices.

Please check this link below for Pune prices.

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=20701558&vt=1

Diesel "Used" car prices have gone up a bit. One of my office colleagues is exchanging his Logan for an Ertiga. We were pleasantly surprised by the quote given. They quoted 3.5 for a 4yr completed car (DLE base model, out of warranty) where we were expecting around 2.75 ~ 3 lacs. The car was also well maintained.

Hope this helps.
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 19:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Thanks for going through my thread and I am glad to be of help.
On the contrary I cannot thank you enough for putting up such a nice & informative thread

Quote:
Logan is for those who prefer a relaxed driving style and not worried too much about the 0 ~ 100 timings. Currently the meter reading of my car is around 1,09,000kms and of these very few 100kms have been done inside the city. 99% of them have been covered on the highways. The 350km trip last weekend gave me 19kmpl with speeds around 100~110kmph.
Great figures. My driving style exactly matches with the one described by you above, I am a very sedate driver. Being a family man, I prefer being late than never.

Quote:
Carwale.com generally gives a good valuation which is near market prices.

Please check this link below for Pune prices.

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=20701558&vt=1
Even I had checked on carwale & got similar quotes. The only issue is actually getting a well maintained car.

Quote:
Diesel "Used" car prices have gone up a bit. One of my office colleagues is exchanging his Logan for an Ertiga. We were pleasantly surprised by the quote given. They quoted 3.5 for a 4yr completed car (DLE base model, out of warranty) where we were expecting around 2.75 ~ 3 lacs. The car was also well maintained.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info. Good for your friend, but not such a good news for me. Used Logan still commanding a premium
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 17:31   #131
BHPian

Pugaram,

How is Logan going? No updates from you for a while I hope...
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 21:48   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
No updates from you for a while I hope...
Yeah. Not much to update but for the service done.

The meter currently reads around 112900+, just a shade short of 113000. But highway runs have come down to a great extent. The ever increasing toll fares are also a great damper. A return trip to Madurai will cost around 700 rupees for toll alone. Same is the case with a Coimbatore trip.

I don't drive much inside Chennai, as I am located very close to T.Nagar and am averse to driving in thick crowds .

Anyway I manage to run it some 50 to 60 odd kms per week - keeping the batteries charged.

Tyre change is due: The current Michelin energy XM1+ has run 60,000+ kms (The OE JK Vectras ran for 52,300kms ) and I find the need to brake in advance than usual.

Actually planned to go for a RD Kit, but did not,as I felt my low running does not justify it.
Old 2nd May 2013, 01:21   #133
BHPian

Hello Pugram,

Can you do a comparison with Indigo ecs now that you have used the logan extensively.I have shortlisted the Verito, Indigo ecs CR4 and the Vista Qjet.
Does the verito have ABS? Is it easy for ladies to drive?Whats your suggestion regarding waiting for the Verito hatch which is due?
Was reading your thread back to back and I must say that the Logan has served you very well. Great job with the car Sir!
TorqMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. Not much to update but for the service done.

The meter currently reads around 112900+, just a shade short of 113000. But highway runs have come down to a great extent. The ever increasing toll fares are also a great damper. A return trip to Madurai will cost around 700 rupees for toll alone. Same is the case with a Coimbatore trip.

I don't drive much inside Chennai, as I am located very close to T.Nagar and am averse to driving in thick crowds .

Anyway I manage to run it some 50 to 60 odd kms per week - keeping the batteries charged.

Tyre change is due: The current Michelin energy XM1+ has run 60,000+ kms (The OE JK Vectras ran for 52,300kms ) and I find the need to brake in advance than usual.

Actually planned to go for a RD Kit, but did not,as I felt my low running does not justify it.
Thanks for the update. I think you are the one with highest experience with Logan in this forum. I have crossed 55K+ and planning to go for a change at 2014, I have no complaints about the engine or any thing else in my Logan though .
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:46   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
the Verito, Indigo ecs CR4 and the Vista Qjet.
Does the verito have ABS? Is it easy for ladies to drive?
The three of them are from different segments.

Indigo eCS - I think the high Accelerator pedal and dashboard will not be suitable for the average Indian lady (5ft to 5.5ft). ABS available only in the Top model

Verito : Clutch was hard as it was cable operated originally. Think they have moved to a hydraulic unit currently. Pls check out. ABS available only in top model. Driver side airbag only, as per the site. The accelerator pedal position and dashboard layout is very convenient, unlike in an Indigo, so no issues here. My friend's wife (who frequently drives a 1st gen scorpio) has driven my car on many occasions and has praised its relaxed driving style and road manners

Vista Quadrajet: Never sat in one, so can't comment. But till now the best from TATA.

You can also wait for the Verito Vibe hatchback, but am currently skeptical about the looks.

Of the 3, I think the Verito is well suited for a lady to drive. But I dont know if the sedate looks will appeal to them.