Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 22nd August 2007, 18:47   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Yes if that is only for oil change and filter change then its too much. That fellow is cheating. My SX4 zxi was serviced on 30th July ( 1st service) and it cost Rs 800/850 (I remember that guy returned me 150/200 from 1k)
i given to service on 9th of august and it consted me Rs 864 only for the oil change and filter change in Pratham.
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:17   #137
BHPian

I went on a 1000 km drive to Guruvayur(kerala) on two weeks back with 5 people. very very bad roads from kerala border and too much traffic in the heavy rains due to land sliding. I never felt tired(slept only 2 hrs in the night) to driving the car and even my parents too.

GC: it is very much useful. i could see the volvo bus body touching ground in that road. I noticed that one honda civic guy got down the vehicle and checking the road due to water logging.. but i never hesitate to drive.

ABS/Brake : it was giving me confidence to drive @ 80-100km in that heavy rain also. no skidding...

FE: i was getting the FE of 15.6 kmpl for that whole drive with 95% AC was on. I think it was very good FE on that road..

Headlight: when i crossed 80km speed, felt bad otherwise it is ok.

after clutch replacement i don't have any gear engaging problem.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:46   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Hi all,

I went on a 600 km drive to ooty and back, last weekend. I could go through 36 hair pin bends and a stretch of about 180 kms of straight roads at an avg speed of about 80 kmph. There is no problem of stability for me. I had to break suddenly twice and I was still able to gain control. I think it is because of the excess body weight, that the car is really stable.

The best part of the trip was that for the resort I'd been to, I had to move the last 300 mtrs on a real off road stretch. Usually a scorpio has some scrapes on the bottom in that stretch. And the SX4 had none. :-)

The drive was fun, with elephants and deers in the Masinagudi forest being a few fortunate wild animals to witness a SX4. :-) While coming back, a bus driver let me pass with a hand signal on the ooty ghat section, and when I was about to overtake I saw an oncoming vehicle. I had to move quickly to escape the possible collision. That driver was an idiot and he also made one out of me.

I've done about 2000 kms of out of city driving now and the only thing I can say about SX4s ability in such roads is "ITS GREAT". Please take your SX4s out of the city, you're not doing justice to it.

There was a drama in my trip as well. On the day of return, I lost the car keys on a trek. And it was very tense. We went around searching for it and after a lot of drama and searching, one of the cow herds who had picked it, gave it to the resort people. I called up my dealer and he did not suggest anything other than getting the duplicate key. He says its possible to remove the wiring, but its too dangerous. I was thinking of coming back to Bangalore and then going to the place with the duplicate key. Just when I was about to finalise on that, we got the key. Let me know your thoughts on what else could have been done.

@Sathya:
Sathya, I really don't know how I am getting 11.5 kmpl in city :-) The usual stuff like less clutch usage, higher gears etc.,
Good trip, except losing key. Yes, it is always advisable to carry duplicate keys esp when you go for long drives. I normally give dup one to my dad/wife.

Similar topic is discussed here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-locking.html (How to break through auto lock in remote locking?)
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
You lucky people like Satya and VBV , how you are able to get good mileage like 11+ in city guys. My sx4 doesn't move a bit more than 10.
In fact, my daily route is in ring road so I get to drive at 60-80 in 5th for quite a distance. In bumper-to-bumper traffic, it would still give 9-10 I think.

Have you done ur 1st service? I used to get 10 in beginning and later on 1st service, sun film, driving style, etc all are contributing to 11+. Also I strictly go only to Shell pump.

In some thread I saw that someone get 12 constantly with 33 psi, I was thinking of trying out 33 psi (currently it is 35 psi).
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:11   #140
BHPian

Default Got clutch plate changed

Just now I brought back vehicle from service station and after clutch replacement I feel overall torque increased. Now I have to count the mileage again. Gears are issueless now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
In some thread I saw that someone get 12 constantly with 33 psi, I was thinking of trying out 33 psi (currently it is 35 psi).
Satya, I am that guy getting 12.5+. But I attribute that to my traffic condition because I drive 12+11 km every day. While going to office 12 km away I get only two stops at signals and car moves at least at 30kmph. While coming back, I use different route and those 11km, I have to stop at 5 signals for at least 1 min each. But hereafter car moves at least 40 kmph.

BTW, IMHO, I think 35psi->33psi may have little effect in this speed range.
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:00   #141
BHPian

The problem is with the traffic. Event after first service and filming the mileage did not improve a bit :(

Now I will try with 33 psi and Shell . Most of the hyderabad petrol bunks cheat.

BTW , which is a better pump ? Shell or Reliance ?
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:03   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Great reviews guys (balaji, VBV and dilsoft).

@dilsoft: I will check if EPS is really cutting off at high speeds on highways. Do let us know exact model no, price, where you got from, etc for "up-modular". Do post pics after you get rear spoiler, etc. I am feeling slight bodyroll while braking from high speeds and so, let me observe for some more time and confirm - I don't want to speculate unless I am sure.

The up-modular is from Xenos ( looks like a local company having head office in chennai ) , there is no model number written on the warrenty card. But it's working well. Cost is Rs.1800.

My spoilers are yet to come :(
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:27   #143
BHPian

I have heard from lot of people that Shell is very good, next Reliance.
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:31   #144
BHPian

When I opened the bonnet and saw the engine, I could see one part contains a brownish part and the finishing between the joints are not good. I don't know whether it is rusted or the color is like that. Have anyone got a chance to look into the engine bay.
One more thing that I am not happy with the SX4 is about the build quality. When I close the door most of the part shatters which I don't see in my Santro.
Old 24th August 2007, 14:08   #145
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
When I opened the bonnet and saw the engine, I could see one part contains a brownish part and the finishing between the joints are not good. I don't know whether it is rusted or the color is like that. Have anyone got a chance to look into the engine bay.
One more thing that I am not happy with the SX4 is about the build quality. When I close the door most of the part shatters which I don't see in my Santro.
Either I am not sensitive or my car is different. I am simply not feeling this at all. Please get that checked up. The sound might stop. The build quality is not great, but only when you compare it with a higher/similar segment car. I am sure compared to a santro, my car seems better. So please get this checked up.

VBV
Old 25th August 2007, 16:06   #146
BHPian

Friends:

I have recently completed my first service & 1000kms - mostly in THE most idiotic roads in bangalore. I share with the positive comments from other members about the SX4 performance so far. While it is still early days, its truely worth it. While mine may not still be "long" term, here are few other comments that I felt driving so far:

a) Superb matching of power & torque ratios and hence good pickup, acceleration in all gears. In fact the need to change gears is less comparted to NHC vtec - slowing down even in 5th gear & then accelarating quickly is very much on.
b) Found Gears, Clutch (especially after 1st service) & brake to be quite efficient.
c) To get 11.5 kmpl - while driving in THE most congested roads & traffic conditions is quite satisfying. Got only 11 in my earlier Baleno.
d) Personally I would have like to have less running noise or grunt during idling & running - maybe it settles down further
e) Feel that the service guys still do not have much clue on the car, its features, issue & how to resolve them. Most often they tend to give general gyan. Each service engineer tends give a different version if you talk to on the same issue.

Have not gone on a long trip - but doing so in a couple of months. Will write more feedback then.. Happy 'S'porty 'Xciting' motoring 4 you folks....
Old 27th August 2007, 11:31   #147
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Friends:

I have recently completed my first service & 1000kms - mostly in THE most idiotic roads in bangalore. I share with the positive comments from other members about the SX4 performance so far. While it is still early days, its truely worth it. While mine may not still be "long" term, here are few other comments that I felt driving so far:

a) Superb matching of power & torque ratios and hence good pickup, acceleration in all gears. In fact the need to change gears is less comparted to NHC vtec - slowing down even in 5th gear & then accelarating quickly is very much on.
b) Found Gears, Clutch (especially after 1st service) & brake to be quite efficient.
c) To get 11.5 kmpl - while driving in THE most congested roads & traffic conditions is quite satisfying. Got only 11 in my earlier Baleno.
d) Personally I would have like to have less running noise or grunt during idling & running - maybe it settles down further
e) Feel that the service guys still do not have much clue on the car, its features, issue & how to resolve them. Most often they tend to give general gyan. Each service engineer tends give a different version if you talk to on the same issue.

Have not gone on a long trip - but doing so in a couple of months. Will write more feedback then.. Happy 'S'porty 'Xciting' motoring 4 you folks....
Way to go Srini. You echo my sentiments, too!!! GC is another aspect that is great.
Old 28th August 2007, 09:22   #148
VBV
BHPian

Guys, I got a photo watch from Maruti with me and wife taking delivery of the car. Its a nice one.

VBV
Old 28th August 2007, 10:27   #149
BHPian

Default I checked this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Gopinathan: I opened the bonnet. And I cant figure out anything you mentioned. but yes if you are talking about one metal plate (initially black painted) behind radiator and some exhaust pipes connected to engine(initially chrome plated) which turned brown due to engine heat. So far my car is 2 months old today. Still its finish is good. Please get your car inspected. Also that shattering sound, I get only from rear number plate when I close the trunk. (No where else)
Old 28th August 2007, 15:20   #150
BHPian

I again checked it. The metal plate which is connected to the radiator is slightly rusted. I spoke to the dealer, he told he will look into it during the first service. For the run-in km, he advised not to go beyond 60 kmph for 5000 km. Otherwise in the future the engine may give rattling noise. Cannot wait till 5000 km :(
Closed Thread