Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2007, 19:12   #226
BHPian

@dilsoft, great to hear about your experience in long drive. As others said, if we cross 80 kmph, mileage comes down. In my next trip, I am planning to drive strictly within 80 to see what best mileage I can get out of him!!

In fact, yours is still good mileage considering the load in the vehicle and speed you drove with AC on always.

Onething is true that beyond 80, you can't make out real speed unless you keep an eye on speedo. I did it constantly in long drive to stay within 120.

BTW, did you drive in nights? How was experience with stock bulbs for headlight? (I guess you didn't upgrade bulbs yet)
Old 16th September 2007, 19:58   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
20+ kmpl on esteem.. . i never heard more than 16+kmpl.

what do u feed your car???
Sane driving .. Thats all And 20 it is.. no typo.
Old 16th September 2007, 20:45   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Sane driving .. Thats all And 20 it is.. no typo.
Man, That's insane
Old 16th September 2007, 20:57   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Man, That's insane
El you get 6-7 i read somewhere
Old 16th September 2007, 20:58   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
El you get 6-7 i read somewhere
Now, isn't that also insane ?? No, it is insaner
Old 17th September 2007, 09:31   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Now, isn't that also insane ?? No, it is insaner
whatever it is ...insaner or insane for that matter...
I wil stick to "no 20 on esteem no matter what...."""

or is it a 700cc esteem Cheering:
Old 17th September 2007, 09:51   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
whatever it is ...insaner or insane for that matter...
I wil stick to "no 20 on esteem no matter what...."""

or is it a 700cc esteem Cheering:
kickthrottle, just like you , I didnt belive it either. We confirmed this when me and Nitrous came driving to Bangalore once. Ping him and you will get to hear more abt it. ( or rather how authentic it is )
Old 17th September 2007, 17:40   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
@dilsoft, great to hear about your experience in long drive. As others said, if we cross 80 kmph, mileage comes down. In my next trip, I am planning to drive strictly within 80 to see what best mileage I can get out of him!!

BTW, did you drive in nights? How was experience with stock bulbs for headlight? (I guess you didn't upgrade bulbs yet)
I strongly tried to avoid night driving , but my kids screwed up my time. So, while coming back to Hyderabad I got to drive at night until 12 midnight. I did not face any "less" lighting stuff unlike some of sx4 ownners reported. It is adequate to see the road if we keep the headlight hight position to 2 or 1. I am not sure if we need more than this.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:56   #234
BHPian

Well, the lights seem sufficient, though not exactly lighten the road like some members have mentioned with high power tubes like 100/90 Halonix etc but sufficient considering that they are 60/55.
Old 18th September 2007, 11:31   #235
BHPian

@dilsoft, Nice review man... I totally agree that the SX4 is a terrific car in the highway. I recently took my SX4 for a 800 KM drive(2 way). Man o man, it is amazing. The A/C is darn good and the seating for the driver is excellent. Hardly felt a thing in bad stretches of road near Salem. Completed 2200 Kms as of now and some things I found out are:
1. There is a small buzzer that goes on when u take your keys out when the light is on. This is a very good feature.
2. The power window on the driver side goes down in one touch when pressed down for the first time.
3. Build quality is pretty good. Was hit near the dickie by a idotic cargo truck driver. Hardly felt a thing from inside. We realised the damage only when we came out and saw it. Felt like crying. Was painful.
4. Getting minor scratches. Need to do 3M paint treatment to avoid scratches because of dirt.
5. Mileage of 11.5 in City and 14.5+ in the highway(mostly driven on 100+). All with A/C.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:06   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
1. There is a small buzzer that goes on when u take your keys out when the light is on. This is a very good feature.
We do have this feature in Swift also, but some times irritating too, especially if you wanted to park the car with the parking lights on.
Old 18th September 2007, 20:30   #237

Guys, I took Sx4 delivery 2 weeks back (a supreme red, Zxi w/o leather). So far, I am enjoying the excellent ride Sx4 provides. I have a couple of (dumb!?) questions:
  1. Today I opened the engine hood to have a look inside. When I tried closing it, I am not sure whether the hood has fit in properly. Is there any click sound or something u hear when the hood goes in to its place and locks? Just dropping the hood will do or shd I apply some pressure after it fell to make sure it locked (I warned you already, the ques will be dumb!)??
  2. The GC of Sx4 is, as all of you pointed out, excellent. But, today morning I unfortunately had to drive through a very bad road (thanks to the rains last week) full of pot holes and when I passed one hole, Sx4 front hit the road. I mean the bottom bumper kinda part that covers fog lamps (just below the name plate). Is this part changeable and if yes, does any one have any tentative.
  3. Also, sometimes, when I press the lock button in the keyless entry thing, I hear 3 short beeps rather than 1 beep. The car gets locked though. What does these 3 short beeps mean? When I unlock it sounds only 2 beeps.
TIA guys!
Old 18th September 2007, 23:45   #238
BHPian

1. Even I had the same problem when closing the hood. You have to leave the hood from a distance so that it locks properly. Dont try to close it by giving pressure, some times it may create a dent if we apply too much pressure. Tell this in the first service and they will adjust. Now the hood closes properly even if you leave it from a short distance.

2. Though SX4 ground clearance is good, the front bumper is too low compared to the rear and side so there are chances to hit. I think you have to change the front bumper.

3. Go to the Nippon security user manual and see the list which describes the number of beeps and the problem associated with it. I am not sure whether 3 beeps indicate the hood is open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannanmr View Post
Guys, I took Sx4 delivery 2 weeks back (a supreme red, Zxi w/o leather). So far, I am enjoying the excellent ride Sx4 provides. I have a couple of (dumb!?) questions:
  1. Today I opened the engine hood to have a look inside. When I tried closing it, I am not sure whether the hood has fit in properly. Is there any click sound or something u hear when the hood goes in to its place and locks? Just dropping the hood will do or shd I apply some pressure after it fell to make sure it locked (I warned you already, the ques will be dumb!)??
  2. The GC of Sx4 is, as all of you pointed out, excellent. But, today morning I unfortunately had to drive through a very bad road (thanks to the rains last week) full of pot holes and when I passed one hole, Sx4 front hit the road. I mean the bottom bumper kinda part that covers fog lamps (just below the name plate). Is this part changeable and if yes, does any one have any tentative.
  3. Also, sometimes, when I press the lock button in the keyless entry thing, I hear 3 short beeps rather than 1 beep. The car gets locked though. What does these 3 short beeps mean? When I unlock it sounds only 2 beeps.
TIA guys!
Old 19th September 2007, 00:29   #239
BHPian

2008 SX4 SPORT

Old 19th September 2007, 07:48   #240
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
kickthrottle, just like you , I didnt belive it either. We confirmed this when me and Nitrous came driving to Bangalore once. Ping him and you will get to hear more abt it. ( or rather how authentic it is )

authentic !!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes it is.....

your car so you know it better. my ex-esteem never gav me more than 16.. no matter how good and smooth i drive.

and whats an esteem doin in Maruti SX4 Zxi thread..
lol

chill-pill...

Cheers
Nishant

Last edited by kick.throttle : 19th September 2007 at 07:51.
Closed Thread