Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 25th September 2007, 17:47   #316
BHPian

I have 2 questions.
1. EPS- This doesn't work when the engine is off, like hydraulic we need to start the engine to make power steeing work. Is it the same in other EPS vehicles ?
2. The rear defogger doesn't seems to work. I just pushed the defogger button but no effect. Should I rotate the dial to the defogger and then push the button. Santro Xing limited edition has both rear wiper and defogger, but why is that higher segment vehicles doesn't have rear wiper.
Old 25th September 2007, 20:16   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
So, it is a waste in chennai climate. Is it possible to do modifications so that both of them glow during reverse ?
yeah. i guess its possible with some jugaad.

Quote:
I have 2 questions.
1. EPS- This doesn't work when the engine is off, like hydraulic we need to start the engine to make power steeing work. Is it the same in other EPS vehicles ?
2. The rear defogger doesn't seems to work. I just pushed the defogger button but no effect. Should I rotate the dial to the defogger and then push the button. Santro Xing limited edition has both rear wiper and defogger, but why is that higher segment vehicles doesn't have rear wiper.

there might be a problem with your rear defogger. get it checked by mass. the wire for it could have got cut while some accessories were being installed.
Old 25th September 2007, 22:44   #318
BHPian

Quote:
I have 2 questions.
"Power" assistance is there only when engine is On. Steering obviously works with Engine oFF albeit requiring more effort. It has to be the same with all vehicles with EPS. Does not make sense any other wise.
Quote:
Read defogger does not work? When did u try this? it has not rained in the recent past in chennai for your rear windows to mist up. So, i wonder when you tried this.
As for rear wiper. I have not seen a wiper in ANY car with a proper boot. Only hatchbacks or vans have them. I wonder why? any logic here?
Definitely the cars with boot could use a rear wiper!
Old 25th September 2007, 23:45   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
"Power" assistance is there only when engine is On. Steering obviously works with Engine oFF albeit requiring more effort. It has to be the same with all vehicles with EPS. Does not make sense any other wise.

Read defogger does not work? When did u try this? it has not rained in the recent past in chennai for your rear windows to mist up. So, i wonder when you tried this.
As for rear wiper. I have not seen a wiper in ANY car with a proper boot. Only hatchbacks or vans have them. I wonder why? any logic here?
In Hydraulic, they say there is an engine strain. But even in EPS if it works only when the engine is on, so there is a strain on the engine, right ?

There were water droplets at the rear during the drizzle, I thought of clearing it using the defogger, but nothing happenned.
Old 26th September 2007, 07:19   #320
BHPian

Quote:
In Hydraulic, they say there is an engine strain. But even in EPS if it works only when the engine is on, so there is a strain on the engine, right ?

There were water droplets at the rear during the drizzle, I thought of clearing it using the defogger, but nothing happenned.
The defogger will clear only the mist that is formed inside of the glass. It'll not clear any water droplets on outside. For that you'll need to have a wiper.
Old 26th September 2007, 08:26   #321
BHPian

@RANBHAN: Check issues asap, if it is lemon, you are expected to bring it to dealer's notice soon.

Folks,
BTW, I forgot how we can switch on rear fog light? Is it next to headlight/parking light switch?

Switch next to alarm is to on front fog lights.
Old 26th September 2007, 08:37   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
The defogger will clear only the mist that is formed inside of the glass. It'll not clear any water droplets on outside. For that you'll need to have a wiper.
For those who don't have rear wiper, rear defogger is only option. I tried defogger to clear water drops and it worked !! Only thing to remember is: it consumes lot of battery power, so be sure to put it off soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post

detailed discussion on it in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ns-tips-9.html (Driving in the Rains - Tips) (see page 10 too).

Quote:
2. The rear defogger doesn't seems to work. I just pushed the defogger button but no effect. Should I rotate the dial to the defogger and then push the button.
Just push the button will switch on defogger, you needn't move dial to any position. BTW, how did you conclude that defogger did not work? It takes sometime to clear off water drops.

Last edited by sathya_nars : 26th September 2007 at 08:38.
Old 26th September 2007, 08:46   #323

Default thanks to all for suggestions

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for giving fruitfull suggestions. I will be checking with the dealer and hope to rectify the problem as none other than me is facing this problem.
Thanks again for your views/suggestions.
Take care!
kamlesh
Old 26th September 2007, 11:49   #324
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
@RANBHAN: Check issues asap, if it is lemon, you are expected to bring it to dealer's notice soon.

Folks,
BTW, I forgot how we can switch on rear fog light? Is it next to headlight/parking light switch?

Switch next to alarm is to on front fog lights.
Yes Sathya, it is next headlight/parklight switch. But the catch is that it works only when you have the headlight on. So the way to operate it is:
- Turn the headlight switch to either parking or on.
- On the same lever, there is a knob for rear fog lamps, turn it around.

Vinay
Old 26th September 2007, 15:40   #325
BHPian

I waited for 2-3 min but no difference, so I switched it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post

Just push the button will switch on defogger, you needn't move dial to any position. BTW, how did you conclude that defogger did not work? It takes sometime to clear off water drops.
Old 26th September 2007, 17:49   #326
BHPian

Quote:
When I tried, it was after rain stopped and it took around 10 minutes. Anyway you can check with your dealer.

BTW, have anyone received call from dealer for rear shock absorber recall (someone mentioned in forum)?
Old 26th September 2007, 17:51   #327
BHPian

Quote:
If you are not driving then did you try to touch the rear glass? I tried after stopping and it was more than warm temperature.
Old 26th September 2007, 18:49   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
If you are not driving then did you try to touch the rear glass? I tried after stopping and it was more than warm temperature.
No, I haven't. I will try spraying some water and check whether it works.
Old 26th September 2007, 18:58   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, I haven't. I will try spraying some water and check whether it works.
the rear defogger wont get water droplets off. its only supposed to take the mist or whatever formed. i dont keep mine on for too long.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:21   #330

Today my sx4 got its first major scratch :cry:

The right ORVM is now scratched, because of a stupid BMTC bus coming in the opposite side. Luckily the ORVM bent in, so it didnt break!! but, the bus has taken with it a big chunk of RED color from the ORVM

My car has run close to 850kms, just nearing its first service. I'd like to know what I can do abt this scratch. Should I ask for a complete right ORVM replacement or a paint job is possible?

If paint-jobbed, will it show or in other words, how effective it is????

PS: I tell you guys, it really is painful to see the car getting scratches/dents....v painful! I can fully relate to the person who was cribbing about selling his sx4 because of the rear-light breakage (in one of the other threads, I guess, named "Bye Bye Sx4")
Closed Thread