Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2007, 15:25   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Have u fixed your tires? THey make the maximum noise in the SX4. The other day i was on the east coast road and doing sixty. There was nary a noise from the engine which was doing little over 1500rpm. The tyre and road noise was really killing me. It was a steady groan from the tires(Bridgestone Turanzas 15") that is really irritating
Engine noise comes at higher RPMs which is enjoyable actually.
If you do U.C rubber coating and build some cladding on those Anti-Aero dynamic ORVMs your high speed noise should come down
I am still with the stock JK crappy rubbers..have anyone found lesser noise from a tyre upgrade? I am not too sure if an upgrade will have significant effects on the noise! The front passenger and the driver are the ones getting to hear noises from the front tyres (I guess) and the engine.. so I am pretty sure the thin synthetic barrier between the engine bay and the cabin is the culprit.. this weekend, I will probably try reinforcing with some rubber sheets and see if that makes any differences..

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th October 2007 at 15:28.
Old 4th October 2007, 19:06   #377
BHPian

Do consider the heat that will be generated in the engine bay. Its bound to get very very hot and so use proper non-flammable rubber.
I wonder why Maruti provides Bridgestone Turanzas in vxi and JKs on zxi. They could have provided turanzas /potenzas in the zxi
I'm very poor on the subject of tires and dont be surprised if i didnt know turanzas dont come in size of 16". Do they ?

Last edited by Venkatesh.C : 4th October 2007 at 19:07.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:15   #378
VBV
BHPian

Turanza's do not come in 16", only Potenza's do. And they're quite expensive.

IMHO, if turanza's do not come in 16", OEMs like Maruti can always ask tyre manufacturers to start. They've got enough muscle to do that.

VBV
PS:
check out these URLs:
Bridgestone India Private Limited
Old 6th October 2007, 00:08   #379
BHPian

hi . just wanted to know out of curiosity that the sx 4 not have a low fuel warning lamp . but if u notice closely there is one dummy low fuel logo or light . does it work ? any idea friends ?
Old 6th October 2007, 01:21   #380
BHPian

dont think it works. I fuelled it when it was one point above E. didnt come up til then atleast. but i remember reading somewhere that it was a dummy
Old 6th October 2007, 10:16   #381
BHPian

This will work only when it comes below the last bar. I had it working when i took it off delivery. I refused the 5 liters offered to me as i wanted only speed from a specific bunk. I had the light ON till i got to the bunk
Old 6th October 2007, 11:10   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This will work only when it comes below the last bar. I had it working when i took it off delivery. I refused the 5 liters offered to me as i wanted only speed from a specific bunk. I had the light ON till i got to the bunk
is that so? I have twice come below the last bar (pointing to label E) and there were no flash of the fuel warning lamp.
Old 6th October 2007, 12:57   #383
BHPian

I upgraded to Silverstone 215/55 Kruizers NS500 tyres. Ride is brilliant and the even on hard cornering the tyres do not protest a bit. Am really happy with these tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I am still with the stock JK crappy rubbers..have anyone found lesser noise from a tyre upgrade? I am not too sure if an upgrade will have significant effects on the noise! The front passenger and the driver are the ones getting to hear noises from the front tyres (I guess) and the engine.. so I am pretty sure the thin synthetic barrier between the engine bay and the cabin is the culprit.. this weekend, I will probably try reinforcing with some rubber sheets and see if that makes any differences..
Old 6th October 2007, 16:47   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
I upgraded to Silverstone 215/55 Kruizers NS500 tyres. Ride is brilliant and the even on hard cornering the tyres do not protest a bit. Am really happy with these tyres.
How is the FE? Did it reduce because of the upgrade or is it the same as before?
Old 6th October 2007, 17:43   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
is that so? I have twice come below the last bar (pointing to label E) and there were no flash of the fuel warning lamp.
What does the Owners Manual say about the low fuel warning lamp?
Old 6th October 2007, 22:24   #386
BHPian

Default owner's manual says

If the low fuel warning light (1) comes on,
fill the fuel tank immediately.
NOTE:
The activation point of the low fuel warning
light (1) varies depending on road conditions
(for example, slope or curve) and
driving conditions because of fuel moving
in the tank.
Old 7th October 2007, 13:53   #387
BHPian

Quote:
If the low fuel warning light (1) comes on,
fill the fuel tank immediately.
NOTE:
The activation point of the low fuel warning
light (1) varies depending on road conditions
(for example, slope or curve) and
driving conditions because of fuel moving
in the tank.
While taking the delivery they filled 5 litres of petrol. Even before that the low fuel warning light did not glow. I asked the dealer, he told that this is feature is not available in SX4. How come this is working for you.
Old 7th October 2007, 14:00   #388
BANNED

Thats an amazing blooper by the salesperson. So much so for the training by Maruti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
While taking the delivery they filled 5 litres of petrol. Even before that the low fuel warning light did not glow. I asked the dealer, he told that this is feature is not available in SX4. How come this is working for you.
Old 7th October 2007, 17:22   #389
BHPian

Here is something i checked, the june edition of Autocar features the SX4 vs the city review. They had a snapshot of the dashboard and it had all the telltale lights 'ON' as they would come ON when you switch the ignition oN (before they all go OFF) and the FUEL WARNING LIGHT WAS ON.
With all of you saying so much about this, I'm going to let the fuel level go as low as possible next time to check again.
I'm damn sure i got the light ON as i was roaming a bit (40 odd kms) after refusing petrol from Khivraj. SO maybe the threshold is a bit lower than the lowest bar on the fuel scale.
Old 7th October 2007, 17:24   #390
BHPian

Another thing. I read somewhere in this forum where someone had posted that the dealer had told him that the alloys were made by Birla(Aura).
ACI June Edition says the wheels are ENKEI wheels and can accomodate up to 17" as the wheel wells are all the original SX4 Crossover editions wheel wells which can accomodate larger wheels
Closed Thread