Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 17th August 2007, 19:53   #106
BHPian

Great reviews guys (balaji, VBV and dilsoft).

@balaji: open fuel lid indicator is also missing. Recently when I had been to fill in petrol, I opened fuel lid and got out of car. He said that normal petrol is out of stock, I then got in and started driving. After few mins only I realized that I forgot to close fuel lid !! 5th gear issue is there for me too. But never got resolved even after 1st service. During run-in, I went at 110 max, already violated rules of run-in.

@iTNerd: I too feel (like dilsoft) that sun film cost quoted to you seems unbelievable, cross check with few places before you go for it.

@VBV: Looks like you are in search for good car for more than 2 years, SX4 fortunately was released within 6 months of my search. My heart, in fact, said to go for NHC (due to look, interior posh feel, etc) - but my brain was clear towards SX4 and I went ahead with what my brain said !! The photos are awesome, enjoy your car. As you correctly said, what seemed to be issues early are not issues nowadays, whereas new ones (like headlight, etc) are to be watched out. After sometime, you'll stop worrying about scratches (same as me). In fact, I already claimed insurance due to accident (auto fellow smashed ORVM, many scratches in body, etc). Anyway, car teaches patience. I too drove during rainy time and felt grip was lot better. One suggestion is: please wash your car at least once a week, otherwise many dirts are difficult to remove. PLEASE POST TIPS ON HOW TO GET GOOD FE, If I drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic (BTM, airport area) I get only 10 kmpl.

@amit: High GC is not an issue at all for cornering, loss of stability, etc. Some slight bodyroll is there, still I am not sure if it is because of my driving style (since I am newbie to cars). Another good thing with high GC & driving posture is that it doesn't create any back pain for me.

@dilsoft: I will check if EPS is really cutting off at high speeds on highways. Do let us know exact model no, price, where you got from, etc for "up-modular". Do post pics after you get rear spoiler, etc. I am feeling slight bodyroll while braking from high speeds and so, let me observe for some more time and confirm - I don't want to speculate unless I am sure.

BTW, I was thinking of calling for SX4-meet, but lets wait till some more folks get their car.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:19   #107
BHPian

Folks - how do you confirm if EPS is cutting off ? Is there any indicator ? Or do we go by the steering effort ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post

@VBV: I will check if EPS is really cutting off at high speeds on highways.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:50   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Folks - how do you confirm if EPS is cutting off ? Is there any indicator ? Or do we go by the steering effort ?
AFAIK, if EPS is cut off, your effort should be significantly more. I used to go at speeds 60-80 in ring roads, let me check it.
Old 18th August 2007, 22:30   #109
Senior - BHPian

hi folks..I got my fist service done today with MSM, Okhla.. got the car within 3 hrs (express service).. extremely happy with their service and courtesy... All SX4 owners got a VIP treatment .. costed me Rs. 1250..No problem with clutch as mine was from the latter batch.. Gear is much smoother now..so do the engine noise..only complain is the cleaning guy left some part of the waxed region unattended.. I tipped 100 bucks to the person handling the car..but didn't take it saying its against Maruti's norm.. anyway he gave his mobile number for any repair/service requirement..kinda happy with the service

Last edited by iTNerd : 18th August 2007 at 22:44.
Old 18th August 2007, 23:03   #110
Senior - BHPian

Also calculated the average mileage for the 1000 kms.. had filled gasoline in 2 sessions (5L coupon from dealer + 45L + 45L = 95L) .. so far the fuel indicator is on the second tick..so guessing around 7-8L left (must be more as reserve might be around 5L).. so effectively, I got between 11 to 12 km per litre , 95% in city conditions (in rush hour traffics) and rest in highway.. AC is ON 100% (thanks to burning hot summer in Delhi).. I think this is a good reading (with the fact that its before the first service).. my old zen (2002 SOLD) used to give 13-14 km/l at most.. so, hopeful to get around atleast 12-13 in coming days in city running condition..

Last edited by iTNerd : 18th August 2007 at 23:06.
Old 18th August 2007, 23:31   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
hi folks..I got my fist service done today with MSM, Okhla.. got the car within 3 hrs (express service).. extremely happy with their service and courtesy... All SX4 owners got a VIP treatment .. costed me Rs. 1250..No problem with clutch as mine was from the latter batch.. Gear is much smoother now..so do the engine noise..only complain is the cleaning guy left some part of the waxed region unattended.. I tipped 100 bucks to the person handling the car..but didn't take it saying its against Maruti's norm.. anyway he gave his mobile number for any repair/service requirement..kinda happy with the service
1250 for the first service ..

Did you change oils etc ?
Old 18th August 2007, 23:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
1250 for the first service ..

Did you change oils etc ?
yes.. is that on a higher side? Yes..engine oil change + Filter assy oil .. Oil is listed as 5W-30 SJ/SL ..not sure which make and brand it is!.. other activities include pollution check/certificate + body and dashboard polish..got a complementary tissue box from MGA

Last edited by iTNerd : 18th August 2007 at 23:56.
Old 19th August 2007, 15:18   #113
BHPian

1. I observed EPS at speeds above 40 (max I drove at 70), though it demands little more efforts, I still felt that EPS wasn't cut off. I slightly rotated steering quickly at this high speed and vehicle turned quickly responsing to steering - not sure if this is right way of checking, but if EPS is cut off, vehicle won't respond this quickly.

2. I heard in some thread that folks observe pressure decrease whenever they used to fill air. But for me, pressure is always at 36 or so (more than regular 35 psi I used to fill) and then I need to reduce it each time.

Did you guys observe any of these? Is it normal and expected?
Old 19th August 2007, 15:42   #114
Team-BHP Support

your pressure is way too high. id say fill between 28 and 30psi.
Old 19th August 2007, 16:34   #115
BHPian

Smile

Thanks for a very comprehensive review. I'm in the market for a midsizer and had almost decided on the SX4, but was just waiting for a longer term ownership report. Your review has sealed it for me, I will be booking my SX4 next week
Old 19th August 2007, 21:15   #116
BHPian

What I have seen is that - when you fill air and I ask for 35psi - it quickly goes from 33 to 37 and then slowly reduces to 35 to match what is set in the air pump....i think the tubeless tyre readjusts itself to the required pressure...

Quote:

2. I heard in some thread that folks observe pressure decrease whenever they used to fill air. But for me, pressure is always at 36 or so (more than regular 35 psi I used to fill) and then I need to reduce it each time.

Did you guys observe any of these? Is it normal and expected?
Old 19th August 2007, 21:16   #117
BHPian

akshay - recommended is 33psi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
your pressure is way too high. id say fill between 28 and 30psi.
Old 20th August 2007, 10:45   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
akshay - recommended is 33psi...
but dont you find it bouncy at that?
Old 20th August 2007, 15:30   #119
BHPian

Bouncy? Not really. We used to fill 35 psi.
Old 20th August 2007, 16:00   #120
BHPian

Quote:
1. I observed EPS at speeds above 40 (max I drove at 70), though it demands little more efforts, I still felt that EPS wasn't cut off
Aree... why are you too much bothered about this EPS cutoff point???
Quote:
I slightly rotated steering quickly at this high speed and vehicle turned quickly responsing to steering - not sure if this is right way of checking, but if EPS is cut off, vehicle won't respond this quickly.
These are really scary and not really required experiments IMHO.

BTW have taken outside bangalore any where? Nandhi hills should be a pretty good idea.
Closed Thread