Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th August 2007, 13:05   #1
BHPian

Default Indica Xeta 1.2 10,000 Kms Report

I finally reached 10,000 kms and here is the journey so far.

The new indica XETA has a 1.2l engine. This is very good and it seems that you are driving a car with a 1.5 l engine. I have reached the speed of 170 Km/H with it. The milleage is well enough as it gives 14kms/l with AC on all the time in heavily congested areas of Kolkata.The previous 1.4 l XETA used to give me only ten.

Pros Of XETA 1.2

Power is more or less same

Milleage is better

New silver interiors with the hand-brake beige coloured.

Glass is more tinted and previously it was from "SAINT GOBAIN" and Now its from "ASAHI"

AC is much much better with adjustable fresh air mode/ recirculation mode. In previous indicas u could only select fresh air/ recirculated air.But now you can set the amount of fresh air and inside air.

New sporty speedometer/rpm meter. (Black background,blood-red niddle, but inside the black background here is a partial white portion which makes it look like a sports car.

New sporty front grill (like that of swift) and the front bumper is much more extended towards the ground.

Silver lines below the bonnet.(again sporty)

New "tear-drop head lights which make it look angry and evil from the front.

New tail lights

Cons:
I couldnot find one.But it would have been better if it remained the same 1.4l engine along with more milleage!

neel12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 15:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

You bloody make it sound like an altogether different Indica from what we ever saw.

Chalo, good that you are happy with the car. However, this post could have been a little more well formed. After 10,000 kms of ownership you could have filled us up some more on how the car is behaving, any oddities that you noticed, some niggles that you may have encountered etc. This one reads more like a First Impression of the car.

But good effort nonetheless.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 18:53   #3
BHPian

Yesterday the power window was malfunctioning.I took it back to LEXUS MOTORS and got it rectified.They said the screw was not tightened and thus it didnot respond as it didnot come in contact with the metals.Doan know what they are talking about but got it replaced.

You all will be surprised hering this.Even though my car doenot have a muffler but the sound seems as if there is a good muffler fitted.It roars. I asked the service guys (i know one) and he told me it actually differs from individual unit to unit. I really like that racing car like sound.
Old 5th August 2007, 19:20   #4
BHPian

I'm also from Kolkata, and find the looks of the new Xeta 1.2 good. Are you sure that it's 14kmpl in Kolkata, cause if that's the case, I too would want to go in for the same.

I'm confused between the normal V2 DLS and Xeta, as the economy of diesel is very attractive.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 21:45   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see a happy customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
I have reached the speed of 170 Km/H with it.

You should sent a video to Autocarindia and overdrive. They both tested Xeta 1.2 and found the top-speed to be 152 (ACI) and 153 (OD). How wrong they were!
Quote:
The milleage is well enough as it gives 14kms/l with AC on all the time in heavily congested areas of Kolkata.The previous 1.4 l XETA used to give me only ten.
You owned a Xeta 1.4 also? Sold that for a 1.2?
Quote:
I couldnot find one.But it would have been better if it remained the same 1.4l engine along with more milleage!
The 1.4 has been stated to give 160 kmph only! You are getting better top-speed with better mileage with the 1.2. So, who needs the 1.4!

Welcome to team-bhp!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 21:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You all will be surprised hering this.Even though my car doenot have a muffler but the sound seems as if there is a good muffler fitted.It roars. I asked the service guys (i know one) and he told me it actually differs from individual unit to unit. I really like that racing car like sound.
Dude it may be a sign of some problem. I am surprised by your comment that the sound varies from unit to unit!
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 22:15   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In previous indicas u could only select fresh air/ recirculated air.But now you can set the amount of fresh air and inside air.
You dont say! Thats a first for most Indian cars then.

Quote:
New "tear-drop head lights which make it look angry and evil from the front.
Does that translate to better illumination for the driver, compared to the earlier version ?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 22:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Default Request for a few clarifications

1. How have the interiors of the new xeta improved (if at all) over the 1.4 version?
2. Any reason you sold the 1.4 version? Since you say 1.4 xeta, I presume it was a petrol version. How long did you use it?
3. What did the service cost?
4. What variant are you using now (GLE/GLX/GLG/GLS?) and what the previous variant?
5, What differences have you noticed after the two services? (Improved mileage, for eg).
6. If you not posted elsewhere, what are the aftermarket enhancements, if any, you have made? (sunfilm / audio, etc).
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 23:03   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
1. How have the interiors of the new xeta improved (if at all) over the 1.4 version?
Silver interiors with beige coloured handbrake (as per he has mentioned above).

About the car-
Quote:
I have Indica XETA GLS.With Power Windows,Central Locking,SONY XPLOD,Xenos security system and a custimized spoiler.I also have aftermarket side skirts, and racing car like decals..Just telling about my car.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th August 2007 at 23:13.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Silver interiors with beige coloured handbrake (as per he has mentioned above).

About the car-

1. Where are you quoting from? - sorry cant find it in this post. Am I missing something? Probably a previous post?
2. I wanted a comparison with HIS previous car. ;-)
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 00:39   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote about interiors is from this thread only (first post in the thread).

'About the car' is from a previous thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...glow-neon.html (Underglow neon)
Old 6th August 2007, 10:37   #12
BHPian

The XETA 1.4 is for the other members of the family(school,college,etc).When i reached 170kmph i was at an rpm of 6500.This i think is the threshold.Auto car was totally wrong.There was no one in the car who could have shot the video for me.

Yes the mileage is 100% 14kmpl with ac always on.At first I got 10,then 10.5, then 11.5, 12,13 and at last 14.It takes little time for the mileage to increase.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:00   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When i reached 170kmph i was at an rpm of 6500.
Interesting- as the redline is 5250 rpm for the Indica Xeta 1.2! You must be real talented.
Quote:
This i think is the threshold.
It's not the threshold. You have managed 6500 rpm which is much more than the threshold of 5250 rpm.
Quote:
There was no one in the car who could have shot the video for me.
You could ask the help of a team-bhp'ian from calcutta. Can't you?

Jokes apart-
1. 170 kmph?
2. You took it to 6500rpm?
3. Redline is 5250 rpm. How did you manage above that?
4. Top- speeds of 152kmph mentioned by the magazines are true considering the engine rpms, and also the fact that other 1.1s with better power to weight ratio have similar top-speeds. Which gear did you use for reaching 170kmph? 5th?
5. As far as i know, Xeta has a switch provided to use the air recirculation/fresh air mode (ac). Can you tell us how you can 'set' the amount of fresh air drawn in?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th August 2007 at 12:16.
Old 7th August 2007, 21:23   #14
BHPian

I should have shot a picture. No one is beleiving me. Not even my family members. I feel so bad that no one is beleiving me.

As far as in my car( i will provide with a picture soon) the REDLINE IS 6500 RPM. I doan know what you guys are talking about. If it would have been 5250 RPM, it wouldnot have been possible to take up to 170kmph. Am i right? I was driving at 5th gear. After the ride there was a little burning smell from the tires and the engine compartment.Today my tail light got brocken, a bike hit it.TASC says 1700 for the whole set and after-market shops say Rs.350 only for the fasia.Though i am now driving by sticking it with tape.

In the previous 1.4 xeta there are only two places in the knob while in the new ones it can be placed anywhere in between the fresh air and recerculation knobs.You people drive a xeta 1.2 first, and then try pocking at others.I think I cleared all of your doubts.Thank You!
Old 7th August 2007, 22:14   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As far as in my car( i will provide with a picture soon) the REDLINE IS 6500 RPM
. Waiting for the pic!

Quote:
I think I cleared all of your doubts.Thank You!
No! Still no evidence!

And, no one is poking anyone. If you can prove this, we'll accept it as such. Simple.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th August 2007 at 22:17.