Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 15th August 2007, 00:47   #1
BHPian

Default Kaycee- My very own Fiesta, 1,000kms EDIT: Updated @2,500kms

Hi All,

Well this is the first review of my very own fiesta, and happy to write it, we call her Kaycee.

Booked her in 1.4 Exi (panther black) on the 16th of july 2007 with Cauvery ford( do i hear claps), wanted the delivery on the 25th as it was my birthday, well was assured that i would be getting her on that day.

Well you guessed it right, 1 day before i get a call saying that the truck that was getting her was broken, and so was my heart, finally, all upset i get a call on the 26th that i can come and collect her.

I rush to Cauvery ford and as i enter the showroom, my eyes are all wanting to see her, i see a black fiesta, but that happens to be a zxi, i enter the showroom and ask the concerned person, he says its gone for a a pre delivery inspection. so i wait for more than 1 hour, finally she arrives, all sparkling, felt like she was scared from me at first, like is he is gonna drive me. after all the formalities i get her out.

She is smooth like a butter, well filled 200rs fuel, didnt wanted to top it up, as i couldn't find any shell outlet, went to the fire temple, and well drove it home.

Interiors

I have read about the fiestas interior to be simple, i do agree with that, but i love it, love the finish of it too, it has a feel good factor to it, well at least it makes me feel good. the positioning of the gear knob is perfect, it forces you to shift often.. i really like the dials, big 1's.

I have to say the opposite positioning of the signal and wiper controls are a real pain sometimes, as i have an habit of keeping my left had on the gear knob always, which was very easy in my maruti 800, used to signal by just using my index finger.

Kaycee started to adjust-

Suspensions

My 1st long trip i made after 2 days to shivansamudra, well i drove it from kanakapura rd, well that was big mistake i did, the roads were bad, very bad, sometimes i would stop in the middle of the rd and wonder from which side should i take her from. Kaycee did take it well though, but i was a lil uncomfortable than i would have expected. My wife was all upset though.

Engine -Super silent

While coming back, i took the mysore rd, kept her under 2500rpm in all gears. She behaved well even in lower rpms, i didnt have to down shift even at 1000rpm driving in 5th, there is a tad difference in power while in A/c mode, which is quiet ignorable,

Kaycee wanted to let loose but i had to keep her tamed till i complete 1000kms, the drive was alright, as couldn't push her to the revs she wanted to go, well me too,

In the city you feel a lil less powered in A/c mode, as even in 2nd she struggles to move if you are under 2000rpm,

Brakes

The brakes are super efficient, as i had to brake hard while coming back from shivansamudra on mysore rd, she was stable, well in control. No complaints there.

Real Deal-Well, i touched 1000kms,

So took her out in the night for a spin, went to the outer ring rd, and pushed her to the limits,the sound that comes after 3500rpm is music to my ears, this is what i was waiting for, i loved the feeling, the way she behaves is totally different at high speeds, touched 100kmph and still was very much in control.

Its like i just pressed some magic button, and vol la, you have a mean machine, 1 thing i learnt, this machine is not for you to cruise around, its like she says, push me, and i'll show you what i can do.

The suspensions get stiffer with speeds, i didnt feel any small jerks, which i would if i was at low speeds, ride is smooth, thanks to the tubeless tyres.
didnt know it had until my friend confirmed it.

Threw her around from 1 lane to the other, the steering response is awesome, sometimes it makes me nervous though. Not used to it.

Mileage.

Too early to quote anything on this but i got 15kmpl when i did the trip and im getting ard 13 in the city. expecting it to increase after the 1st service,

So to wrap it up-

SuspensionsConclusion- Its very smooth on good roads, but on bad roads its a no pleasure to drive. Though on high speeds you wont feel small bumps.

EngineConclusion- Great engine, but could have been a little more active in lower rpms.

BrakesConclusion- Great.

Just a day before i saw a nail which is in my rear tyre, have to get that fixed, planning to drive it with it to the shop, hope that doesnt spoil my rubber too much.

I have a little difficulty in reversing as i dont have a clear view, would have to get used to it, get really nervous sometimes while in the parking lot .

Its time for her 1st service, got a date from cauvery( oh com'on, claps again). I am just worried about the expenditure of her with time, heard a lot of stories of Ford around here, crossing my fingers for the best.

Desperately need a long drive now, next time you see a black fiesta ripping on the highway, well yeah that will be my kaycee

Thanks.

Some pics of Kaycee,

hormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 02:32   #2
BHPian

good review of your car buddy, i agree with the gear knob positioning its @ the perfect place, man the engine is so refined can hardly hear inside the cabin ,she sure is smooth , you gonna have some great memorable drives with her mate . so after the first scheduled service we gonna know more about her aye
Do keep us posted.
warchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 16:08   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride mate..!!

wats the OTR price(after discounts)?
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 00:38   #4
BHPian

Congrats on Kaycee. Fiesta is a great car. There was one thing i noticed though. The bonnet release switch is on the passenger side!! They should have changed that along with the indicator stalk positions on the "Indian" models.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 07:26   #5
BHPian

@ warchild, thanks mate, well yeah, she sure is quiet.Yup after the 1st service she is gonna let us know more about her

@ revved_up, thanks, OTR price came upto 6,82,000.I got a 11k discount, for which i took, autocop, sunfilm and fog lamps.

@ rohan_fonseca, thanks dude, ya, fiesta is really fun to drive, regards to the bonnet release button, i would say that is less of a bother compared to the indicator stalk positions, as it is hardly used.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:13   #6

hey homy, thats a great feedback you are getin for the beast. well told you!!!ford rocks.

-you dont need to worry about indicator stalk positions. you will get use to it and later you will find it more comfertable. hehe.
-the only problem i found in my ford is that the fuel gage was behaving strange last week. it showed me that the car will go 70 more kms but the petrol tank was empty and i had to get the petrol and get it started. need to replace the gage. or may be it was stuck there particularly at that point of time. but anyway, happens sometime. ya???
-you didnt tell us what max speed you have touched??? i have touched 172km/h on baroda-a'bad express way.

anyway, good deal man. congrats again
SlimShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 10:18   #7
BHPian

great review man, so u named it KAYCEE hmm, nice.
Its a great car ,i have driven a black Fiesta similar to yours recently, I must say its a very silent and smooth engine , doing 100 ,120kmh is eaaaaaassssssssy and effortless i havent tried more than this but im sure it will be solid .
Great car man , Enjoy
spider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 10:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

really interesting review. shows howmuch you love your car. those F.E figures seem to be eally good. surely it should improve after a few services. Enjoy. and Drive Safe.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 11:03   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hormaz, good to find your review here. You havent mentioned anything about the Nandi Hills trip, or didnt you go?

Kaycee is quite a nice name for the car. I am sure you would have a nice experience with it.

All the best, and keep us posted.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 11:10   #10
BHPian

Hi spider77, well yeah it sure is solid, and u dont notice the speedo climbing so quick.

Hi gemithomas, Thanks, Im hoping that the mileage should increase, anyways what im getting now is pretty decent i guess, anything more will be a bonus...

Hey Ben, you guessed it right, i havent been there yet, was planning to go on a sunday, but something came up, will surely write it in the travel section. Thanks
Old 16th August 2007, 11:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi hormaz, congrats on your new possession. I must admit that its a lovely car, smooth and great looking. Hope you are not driving around with the plastic cover on seats. 7 out of 10 fiestas I see on roads have got plastic covers kept as standard accessory, no clue why people are so fond of the plastic which is purely a packing material on any new product we buy from the market. I had to fight with a friend of mine to remove it from his fiest few weeks back. He did it with lots of 'but's, I told him atleast to keep you "butt" cool, remove it. Have you installed any parking sensors/camera for convenience ?

Waiting to hear from you about the FE part as you cross 1500 on the ODO. Fiesta claims to give the maximum mileage on road if I am not mistaken, not sure if its claimed for diesel or petrol version.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 12:20   #12

great, so i hope to see you driving to bombay soon. keep it runnin' dude.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:40   #13
BHPian

@ SlimShady, hi dude, well yes, that would be true, of me getting used to the indicator stalk positions, but in used to drive maruti 800 for like 5 yrs, so its gonna be a long time before i find it convenient.

About the fuel gauge getting spoiled, i hope its in warranty, if not, how much did u pay for it.

Well haven't been pushing her, just touched 100kmph in 5th gear at around 2500rpm.

Hi shajufx, I must say "IM GUILTY", well yes, the plastic covers are still on , you surely must have seen my car amongst the 7 out of 10 fiestas, im waiting for the seat covers to be put, budget constraints. as regards to my butt, its alright.

No i havent put any parking sensors or camera, i think im good without it.

Fiesta claims on the diesel to give an excellent mileage, the max mileage i have heard on a petrol 1.4 is around 17kmpl.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:26   #14

yeah homy, its in warranty so doesnt matter. may be it only happened to me and hope it doesnt happen to all the fords
well i understand that u are concerned about behaving good to the new ride and thats cool. may be after 2000kms you'll be able to get the real image of your ride
and i agree to Shajufx. take off the plastics man. i wont be shocked to see you putting on plastic covers just like the ones which are put on the tv and music players at home. hehe
Old 8th October 2007, 22:24   #15
BHPian

Default Kaycee-Updated 2500km

Hello Folks,

Well just completed 2500km.

The update-

Finished my 1st service with Cauvery Ford, all went well with it, frankly was a little nervous with how they would handle the car, but it was cool, had a nail fixed in 1 of the tires, got that touched up.

I had told them about the typical pickup problem in the 2nd gear with A/C, but couldn't find any difference after the service, well maybe they took me as another 1.4P customer complaining about the same problem with it.

Total bill came upto Rs-150( for the Vulcanization of the tire).

I did notice a little fluctuation of the rpm meter which was absent before the 1st service, though its very negligible, will get it checked in the 2nd service.

Im getting 13kmpl( sometimes lower than 11kmpl when i push her) in city and 15kmpl on highway driving with A/C.

Performance is same as always , had been to couple of trips (shivasundaram and to mandya), love the way she handles on the highway.

Ride is smooth too.

Next trip hopefully is to ooty.

Got a small scratch on the front door, happened when the cleaner opened the door carelessly to clean it from inside, and the footrest of the bike which was parked besides the car scraped a small part of the door, guess what it was my bike with which it happened.. Not sure what to do with it.

All in all its been great with my car.

Enjoying every moment with her.