Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th February 2008, 20:52   #46
rkg
BHPian

concorde guy in bangalore claimed 15 in city and 20 on highway for DICOR indica
it was driven below 1500RPM during evening peak hours on busy roads( concorde-dairy circle flyover-nimhans-lalbagh-double road-landford town- bannerghatta road- dairy cirlce-concorde)
at around 30-40kmph in 3rd gear most of the time with AC. AC was good. it was able to pull at that speeds without stalling. comapred to turbo it is silent and better
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 16:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I think 15 city and around 20 Highway is achievable on an average for a DICOR INDICA. But @ 25 I dont think so in normal driving conditions.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 16:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

@ttrk : Thanks mate but if the fuse is common to it all then I dont think it will be a culprti as everything else works fine but the damn clock. Also the yahoo group link doesnt seem to be working.
Old 20th February 2008, 18:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi wanderernomad,

> Thanks mate but if the fuse is common to it all then I dont think it will be a
> culprti as everything else works fine but the damn clock.

The fuse is common as mentioned.

> Also the yahoo group link doesnt seem to be working

Since you are not opening the fuse, you don't have to check that message. But just before writing this, it did work.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 15:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

@trrk : Mate u done something to mod the interior of vehicle of yours or still keeping it stock?
Old 21st February 2008, 17:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hi wanderernomad,

> Mate u done something to mod the interior of vehicle of yours or still keeping it > stock?

I am not much into accessories or modifications.

The things I add to a vehicle are remote central locking, music system and alloy wheels if these are not there in the model I buy. That is what I have done to the Marina. I changed the tyres to Apollo Aceleres OEM size at the showroom itself.

In the City, I have added reverse sensors in addition to alloy wheels. No tyre change.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 22:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys any Idea if I can get the DICOR manual somewhere, as they gave me a TDI Marina Manual with the vehicle. Even now they say its not available with them. Can someone help in this regard?
Old 19th March 2008, 12:48   #53
BHPian

wanderernomad: I've been following your log here. Thanks this and some other logs have helped my purchase decision.
Have you traveled with 5 people and luggage in the Marina? How does it handle and run in those conditions. Also let me know if it was on plain highways or in the hills. Thanks!
abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 14:16   #54
rkg
BHPian

we traveled with 5 persons several times in indigo marina 62BHP version without intercooler. no problem at all. AC has to switched off when overtaking. even ghat roads( tirupati- tirumala several times)
so DICOR can easily do it without any problem
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 14:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

@abhi: my parents are in shimla so I regularly do hills. I ahve driven Marina on hills n highway with full complement of people and luggage and had absolutely no problems what so ever. In hills if you keep the right gear and engage well in time there is no need to switch off AC anytime. Handling especially in hills is very linear and it doesnt waver much even in high speeds.
@Mods : please edit to 10,000 Km, Will be going in for the second service soon and will post the details.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:05   #56
BHPian

Thanks again rkg and wanderernomad! Just asked because I was told that the Marina will 'just sit' if you load it up. So wanted to check.
abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 15:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

@abhi dont worry it doesnt just sit.
I have loaded it up with high weight articles as well and it doesnt slack.
Old 31st March 2008, 14:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the second service done @ srinath motors Sahibabad. Its near to the Anand Vihar Bus stand. The service was ok comparable to the other TATA *** Stations. The engine gasket had started to leak again after just about 150 odd kms after they had been retrofitted ?? by A1 motors. These guys changed them again. Another shocker was that after the retrofitment by A1 motors they had broken the small plastic loop locks that keep the wires free from touching the hot engine block and had not bothered to replace them. Even Srinath Motors expressed their inability as they didnot have them in stock.
As usual the car was delivered the second day, Saturday, ( as the engine oil gasket was to be replaced and it takes time, their version). The car was cleaned properly and the total bill was for Rs 1940 (incl tax). Ill post the break up later.
On Sunday night while I was driving I noticed a puff of smoke escaping from the wedge between the hood and the front glass on the drivers side. I stopped the car opened the hood but found nothing wrong as the lighting conditions were horrible. I suspected it had something to do with the engine cooling so kept an eye on the thermo needle. It stayed at half mark. After about another 50 kms I stopped at the AMEX ATM (now changed to STANCHART) at CP and felt the car giving a lot of latent heat. I again thought I would go home and check. As I drove off I found the needle pushing towards the red zone. Switched off the AC and yet it continued up. Since the home was only another 3 kms I slowed down, engaged the hazard flashers and drove at a snail's pace to the house.
Got out and found that the whole coolant bucket was empty. I checked the hoses and found that some smart alec had failed to tighten the screw lock on the hose as a result of which the entire contents had drained off. Took a few pics (will post them later) and Filled it with about 3 ltrs of normal water (it was 12 midnight).
Today called up the service advisor and he says that they didnot even touch it. I told them that its even worse that they didnot as they are supposed to check on these things. Now he says buy 2 ltrs fromt he market and remaining he will top it up. My question is I have water in the system now-
1.Does it make sense to put in 2 ltrs of coolant alongwith water?
2. Or I drive 15 kms to the service station and make them drain out water and then add coolant to it in full?
3. Should I pay for the coolant or make them fill it?
4. Is it ok to drive with water for some time?

Last edited by wanderernomad : 31st March 2008 at 14:07.
Old 1st April 2008, 16:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

Mods please update title to 10K kms.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:38   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
wanderernomad : Guys any Idea if I can get the DICOR manual somewhere, as they gave me a TDI Marina Manual with the vehicle.
What information are you looking for ? The specifications are listed on this link, for all 3 versions - Petrol, TDi & Dicor
Specifications

Have you tried this link:
OwnersManual

Quote:
wanderernomad :
3. Should I pay for the coolant or make them fill it?
4. Is it ok to drive with water for some time?
Coolant should not cost you much. Cooling is better with coolant than water alone. Try add it yourself at the recommended mix /concentration. If you are not sure how to, then you could also get it done locally near your place. Just pick up some recommended coolant, go to a local garage & have it put in/replaced.

Last edited by condor : 1st April 2008 at 21:42.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote