| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th August 2007, 12:26||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Tata Indigo SX 15000 Km Report - Clutch problem
A winr red Indigo SX joined our family on April 06. Ever since, it has been associated with few long trips (Wayanad, Ooty, Mysore, my native place in Tumkur) districts as well as my even longer trips to office from home (a gruelling 18 km drive including the famed Marathalli stretch)
Recently it completed 15000 kms and I took it to Concorde motors. The car has been pretty solid and I have not had any major issues so far. For this release, I went with this set of complaints
1. Clutch felt heavy for the last 1000 Odd Kms.
2. There was a minor rattle on the dashboard after 15000 Kms of potholed drives.
3. There was a slight buzzing kind of feedback on the accelerator pedal whenever it reaches around 2000 rpm. (This has been a persistent problem. Repeated queries on this have failed. My brother's indica v2 does not have it. Concorde motors refuse to acknowledge that there is any problem there).
4. Around 100+ kms, there was vibration at the steering wheel.
Update after the service.
1. The entire clutch assembly was replaced. Since it was under warranty, it did not cost me anything. But I was told by Concorde that most of 2006 Indigos had this problem and it has been replaced to whoever reported the problem!!. Why don't they recall the series and do a general replacement if they are aware of the problem?.. Typical Indian automaker mentality.
2. Rattle is gone. They have tightened the mounts.
3. After the clutch replacement, the vibration is reduced considerably. Does a clutch problem creates that kind of vibration on the accelerator pedal??
4. Wheel balancing was done. I have not touched 100+ so far after that. But I hope the steering wheel vibration is gone with the wheel balancing.
Overall, it cost me 2300 bucks (Oil replacement, brake accessories, wheel alignment and balancing, All oil top-ups and few more items). Is that a normal Service cost? on a free service?.. It has always cost me around 3000 for all the 3 free services!!
Overall, I am happy with my car. But I think paint job is not that great on the car with even a bare touch of finger creating a scratch. Not sure how I over come that. My 1 year car already looks like a battle scarred veteran :(.
|24th August 2007, 12:37||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 88 Times
Useful report, shankar.
Since free services refer only to the labor charges part, 2300 for engine oil, brake fluid, coolant top-ups, etc apart from a nice fat bill for wheel alignment/balancing would perhaps be expected - what with all consumables being charged for.
|24th August 2007, 12:39||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanked: 153 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My New Honda City ZX Vtec - Report at 15000 Kms||abhinav.gupta88||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||34||23rd April 2014 11:28|
|Swift D-Clutch/Gear Problem : Competent Motors unable to solve the clutch shudder||Eddy||Technical Stuff||48||8th September 2013 23:03|
|Lancer Cedia Sports 15000 Kms Report||karanp23||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||15||16th March 2013 15:45|
|All New Honda City - 15000 Kms report||sandy261||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||29||23rd March 2010 01:08|
|Problem with Clutch - Clutch cylinder replaced! Hats off to Talera Motors!||Chevy_lover||Technical Stuff||0||24th September 2008 14:13|