| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th October 2008, 13:26||#47|
Senior - BHPian
good going gemi...
My Advy has XM!+ its kind of fine tyre but am sure you will miss Pirelli! one issue what i have with thias tyre is it makes noise while decending on winding roads i,e if am doing about 50kmph on the turns....only on the turns
|20th October 2008, 15:35||#48|
Senior - BHPian
On Highways in "full blast mode" it gives around 12-13. But it always gives you a smile when you know the amount of power available under your right foot
|20th October 2008, 15:49||#49|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanked: 48 Times
You love your car over all others and you enjoy it. You then don't care about who thinks what about the company or A/S/S or your car. You also don't care about how xyz car is .01 sec faster than yours, or has better a/s/s or gives 5 kmpl more than your car, when driven at 40kmph over straight line road with superlight foot on the pedal.
If you are to go back in time and have a choice to make, and if you think you would still make the same choice, nothing else really counts.
|20th October 2008, 18:14||#50|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 29 Times
Review is so descriptive that I fell back in love with Adventure again. I almost bought one adventure, but in a short while tempted looking at another S10, with the same registration number I had earlier with my previous S10 "11" that made me prefer that. But have a slight pinch when ever I pass by a red Adventure in Hyderabad roads.
Any ways I am too young to regret for not buying it. I am enjoying my S10 ride, and will surely go for such a segment when fiat gonna come back with Adventure or Panda launches in India.
|27th July 2009, 13:07||#53|
Senior - BHPian
Have just crossed 37K with the adventure. With the recession the running has come down and now i do only below 1K a month. At last i seem to be doing just the amount of running i had planned when i bought the car.
Issues and Solutions.
- Lower arm had given up and i could hear some sounds when i take turns. Both lower arms changed under extended warranty. Had to talk to the customer care head before the a.s.s agreed that its covered under extended warranty.
- Some weird sound coming from inside the dash. The guys opened the dash and tightened something inside. I guess it was a loose a/c pipe or something. Anyways the sound is gone. But i am left with a dash with a very very mild rattle in first gear. The heating mechanism too is not working. Planning to live with this for the time being since i dont want them to open up the dash again.
- Jerking while accelerating and climbing slopes. Was identified as a malfunctioning fuel pump. The guys tried cleaning it but this only aggravated the issue making it almost impossible to drive the car at higher rpms and for long distances. Had to wait for 15 days for new pump to arrive. Changed under extended warranty.
- Car does not start at first crank once in a while. The starter motor turns once and gets stuck. However the car starts normally at the second try. Thought it was a battery problem and got it checked to find that battery was normal. The issue was identified as a malfunctioning starter motor. Tried and overhaul but the service centre guys were surprised to find it a revetted one that could not be opened/overhauled, Changed under extended warranty. Unluckily the new one too is revetted and cant be opened. (Hope i dont ever have to)
- Door open indicator on the dash does not function when it feels bored! Just once in a while it works and the other time it does not work. Decided to leave it alone. Let it do its tricks.
- Rattling Noises from almost all doors. More at the rear. This sorted out and the inside was as calm as possible for a few weeks but the rattles are slowly coming back now.
- Left side headlamp has again started getting moisture inside. This was earlier changed under warranty during the first year of ownership. Decided to leave it for the time being and change it when its that bad.
Ownership and Service Experience
- After the tyre change to 195/70R14 Yokohama A Drives the ride has become slightly more harsher. However cornering capabilities have improved. Really miss the soft ride on the pirellis. But still after travelling in other cars its really good to be back in the adventure.
- It still fetches the same amount of head turns as it used to when new. Thanks to FIAT for not marketing a great product. I've seen people walk around the car just to find out what car this is.
- Servicecentre has been helpful in sourcing parts at good time. Though i had to raise the issue with the top authorities to make them adhere to time estimates i would give them average rating just because they have a guy named Unni who is really helpful and understands the customer so well. Not sure what i would do if he leaves his job though.
- With so many parts failing in such short period I doubt the quality of parts used by FiAT. Our Uno never gave us any issue until 6 yrs and 75K km except for some rusted silencers.
The good part though is that i now have an almost NEW CAR
Pics of the Yoko A Drives will follow. Need to click them.
|28th July 2009, 01:58||#55|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked: 7 Times
My Fiat Adventure done 43,500
Hey Gemi, it was a nice review. Mine has done just about 43,500 kms. Lower arms are giving noise in my car as well. But since these are covered till 35,000 kms, I have no choice but to get it replaced when I think its very necessary by paying. I guess its about 6,000 bucks a pair. The car drives better than my brand new Honda City. The suspension feels same as it was new. I changed my tyres at 36,500kms. Got Goodyear tyres. The car has no teething issues as mentioned in yours (thank god). The engine still sounds as smooth and the revv remains great! This car is unmatched in my opinion. All those, who boast about available "tin box" cars (In Vaskar's language), must drive this one. Its one hell of a car. I keep doing Mumbai-Pune and Mumbai-Surat. It clocks 160kmph with ease even now. I doubt we will get another car of this stature in near future.
|30th July 2009, 10:59||#56|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad, India
Thanked: 24 Times
|30th July 2009, 11:11||#57|
Senior - BHPian
|19th June 2010, 18:31||#58|
Senior - BHPian
adieu to a legend
You never love to love, every other daylight.
You never dream a dream, every other night.
You never look and look, for every other drive.
You never smile a smile, at every other mile.
But that’s everything that I did with my FIAT Adventure Sport 1.6. Every other day I woke up, I ran to the door just to get a glimpse of her Ferrari Red skin padded with those anti-scratch black wheel arches and those macho bull bars. I looked forward to every opportunity I could think of to take her for a spin. And every time I parked her and walked away, I would turn back and smile.
Thanks to FIAT marketing, i never really know that such a car was still available until i saw her lying at the dealership.
I bought this car when it was being phased out. One of the last pieces sold at my place. Out of all the confusion in the air while planning to buy a FIAT, leave alone one of them that’s being phased out, one sentence just hit me hard.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don’t buy this car now you probably won’t experience anything like this ever. Every other car can be bought at a later time.”
And that made the difference. That made the decision and the Italian Softroader was on the way to my home in a few days time.
It stayed with me for a good 40K km and 3 years.
It took me places. It was clad with flowers on my sisters wedding. And it brought home my wife too. Its shifted a whole house without any complain. And has taken me to places where I might just not have gone this life time.
Every good thing in life needs to come to an end. With FIAT loosing interest in supporting this car i rather had no other choice. Its just ironical that this time I got a car that was just launched. One of the first piece to be sold at my place. It does its job well. But then…its just a car.
Still when i look back this was one car i always loved to love... i always dreamt to dream... i always looked to look... and always smiled a smile. And at the end of a wonderful experience i've got just one thing in mind...WHY FIAT? ...WHY?
[Mods: Please do let the replies pour in before you close this thread]
Last edited by gemithomas : 19th June 2010 at 18:36.
|19th June 2010, 18:46||#59|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Namma Bengaluru
A very emotional story there. She looks drop dead gorgeous. Not just looks, she is a great performer too. Buddy please keep this car FOREVER!
I am in an exact same situation as you to buy a Linea 1.4 now. I plan to drive home my wife in this very car in future. Fiat India is not in a bad state now. I must say I am really lucky as Fiat launched cars just when I wanted. My dad's Padmini served us really well when we shifted so many places and also during my three sisters' wedding!
Edit: You sold it?
Last edited by FiatMyLife : 19th June 2010 at 18:51.
|19th June 2010, 18:48||#60|
Senior - BHPian
gemi a nice ending, or i can say like any good director do you have given it a nice climax,
i agree with you i dont see any car sub 10lacs which has the charm of the Adventure and thats one reason why am still holding on..
but what can concern any fiat palio lover is the parts failing and the cost of replacing it!
lastly lovely pics and i must say "Fiat" team was blind to stop such a lovely looking car! if they are sensible they still can get the Advy back with a powerful diesel engine!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms||Rahulkool||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||215||4th April 2016 10:56|
|Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms EDIT : Now SOLD!||mercedised||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||34||19th February 2015 06:46|
|300,000 kms in 7.5 years on my Esteem Diesel. EDIT: Sold @ 3.4 Lakh kms||benzinblut||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||72||8th March 2014 01:54|
|Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Review : 98,000 kms up. EDIT : Now sold!||lamborghini||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||137||7th January 2013 00:14|
|Magnesium Grey Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport: Owner's experience EDIT: Now at 45,000 Kms||codemarauder||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||90||19th August 2009 16:05|