Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 12:56   #16
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
congratulations on reaching this milestone(!) with so few issues. My baleno is now at 45 k, and I have the p/window switch problem too - the master switch for left back does not work to raise the glass, but I can raise it from the actual door switch itself. I use Mobil 1 and the engine is like butter.
Yeah it's true. Power window issue is common in all Maruti Cars and there is a separate thread for that purpose only.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 17:41   #17
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey V&V,
Even i own a baleno and i must say its superb vehicle, mine is pearl silver and is 1.26 lacs on the Odo still never thought of making it a history!!
Even i have a problem of the noise over potholes and it is due to the shocker..needs to be replaced
Second is that the paint on my girl is getting off, needs to be repainted
Still get FE of 12-12.5 in city!!
What bout you?
don_carmaster,
Baleno is an additive car. I too plan to keep it as long as possible.I too get 12 - 13 during summers and around 14 - 14.5 during winters. (Due to running without A/C).

v&v
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 17:47   #18
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
congratulations on reaching this milestone(!) with so few issues. My baleno is now at 45 k, and I have the p/window switch problem too - the master switch for left back does not work to raise the glass, but I can raise it from the actual door switch itself. I use Mobil 1 and the engine is like butter.
Thanks filcord,

Try to find some local electrician, who can repair these switches as they can be interchangeable (the inside components). I got it repaired by one of the local power window specialist for around Rs 450/-. The maruti guys were asking around 4k for replacement as per them it is non repairable.

v&v
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 12:17   #19
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default Update at 90,000kms. Completed 10 years this June.

Did my 90,000 kms service of my blue boy, No major issues. Service was done at local service center at vasant kunj. Jobs done -

Engine oil - Castrol GTX 20-50 @ 3.5 L @ Rs 750.
Oil Filter - @ Rs 60
Coolant topup - 1liter @ 200
Washing & Cleaning @ 350/-

Total Cost : Rs 1360/-

Also got power windows serviced - Costed be Rs 1100/-
Will post some latest snaps too.

Last edited by v&v : 25th June 2010 at 12:24.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 01:55   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi,

Did you got the wheel bearings changed? and what was the cost?

My 2005 baleno is about to complete 70K kms and has developed a squeaking noise on the right side front wheel

Service advisor told it would last for 2K kms more if driven on good roads and sedately.

Baleno is hard to drive sedately and
good roads during rainy season in mumbai, where is that?

So plan to do it before something major goes wrong.

Take care, Drive safe.
panks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 11:17   #21
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default Rear Suspension Overhauling

Got the rear suspension overhauled from the local mechanic near my residence. This is the first time i am doing the suspension work for my baleno in 10 yrs of service.


Rubber bushes all ok. (Still) (Recomended not to change)
Shockers Gone
Rear Left bearing Gone.

Shocker - Got the Imported gas filled one from Khurana - Green park @ 2250/pcs = 4500/-
Shocker rubber kit - @ 300/set = 600/-
Bearing Hub set - 1050/-

Total part cost 6050/-
Labour Charges - 400/-
Time taken - 4 Hrs

Total Cost = 6450/-
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 11:44   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

How does the car feel after the suspension overhaul, any difference in the ride/handling ?
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 12:45   #23
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default

Earlier there used to be a swinging effect at the back on speed breakers, it gone, Now it a floating feeling. There was lot of humming noise from the wheel bearing which is now gone.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 22:50   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,351
Thanked: 752 Times
Default

Hi nice to know that Baleno is giving you such good service. I shall be picking up a used Baleno 2006 VXI next week which has done about 39K so far. Any suggestions about any impending immediate expense that might be there due to the age and mileage factor. The car is well maintained and doesnt need any running repair as such.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 06:47   #25
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Hi nice to know that Baleno is giving you such good service. I shall be picking up a used Baleno 2006 VXI next week which has done about 39K so far. Any suggestions about any impending immediate expense that might be there due to the age and mileage factor. The car is well maintained and doesnt need any running repair as such.
Congrats in advance. At 40k odo,

1. Check the central locking, All power window switches and power windows function. I had max issues with these only.
2. Breaks
3. Under body damage.
4. Get the throttle body and injectors cleaned, if not done as per the service records. After that use system G.

cheers
v&v
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 17:29   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 979
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Thanks filcord,

Try to find some local electrician, who can repair these switches as they can be interchangeable (the inside components). I got it repaired by one of the local power window specialist for around Rs 450/-. The maruti guys were asking around 4k for replacement as per them it is non repairable.

v&v
Update on my power window issue. Last month, I was passing by my old auto electrician's workshop, a fellow I know since my days with the Fiat 1100 in the eighties. Told him about the master switch, he took one look and pulled out a can of WD-40. Two long squirts of that and lo and behold, the switch went back to work, and has stayed that way ever since.
MASS wanted almost 10K to replace the entire master switch.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 12:51   #27
Newbie
 
utppal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Update on my power window issue. Last month, I was passing by my old auto electrician's workshop, a fellow I know since my days with the Fiat 1100 in the eighties. Told him about the master switch, he took one look and pulled out a can of WD-40. Two long squirts of that and lo and behold, the switch went back to work, and has stayed that way ever since.
MASS wanted almost 10K to replace the entire master switch.

WD-40 is such an amazing product! i regularly use it for spraying on parts which appear rusted. Squeaks disappear on hinges, etc.

BTW, this thread is very very informative! Much knowledge gained. Will put it to use on my Baleno - the odo just turned 61k.
utppal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 21:29   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats in advance. At 40k odo,

1. Check the central locking, All power window switches and power windows function. I had max issues with these only.
2. Breaks
3. Under body damage.
4. Get the throttle body and injectors cleaned, if not done as per the service records. After that use system G.

cheers
v&v
V&V the car you have is superb one,i still recollect the test drive i had when it was launched.

We too had a maruti 1000 which did 215000 kms and then a santro which also did similar mileage .It was sold last month

Of the two i would say the 1000 was the best as it has the jap engine ,the clutch life was 110000kms.

In santro we did two OHs but 1000 it was only once ,so i always have a respect for Suzuki
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 00:55   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,343
Thanked: 784 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I shall be picking up a used Baleno 2006 VXI next week which has done about 39K so far. Any suggestions about any impending immediate expense that might be there due to the age and mileage factor. The car is well maintained and doesnt need any running repair as such.
Then why bother on spending that extra money ? At 39k when the car is well maintained I cant think of an expenditure that you could run into. Just ensure that the suspension is in shape.
Apart from that its the brake pads and the oil change, in case the old owner was following the 5k oil change schedule.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 21:25   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 979
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

If it's well maintained, you need little to do. Just stick to specified work as per the manual. Get the wheels aligned and balanced properly every 5000. Maybe do a thorough 3M cleaning of the interior and engine bay, and you should be good as new.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is better - A car which has driven 1 lac kms in 4 years or 35,000 in 6 years syravi Technical Stuff 41 7th May 2016 16:21
300,000 kms in 7.5 years on my Esteem Diesel. EDIT: Sold @ 3.4 Lakh kms benzinblut Long-Term Ownership Reviews 72 8th March 2014 01:54
1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R San Phrangmung Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 4th February 2011 19:05
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37
Baleno 50000 Km in 3 Years 2 Months - Review (Now clocked 50,000 kms) BlackPearl Long-Term Ownership Reviews 131 15th February 2009 12:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks