Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 15:38   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankjha1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BLR/Gurgaon
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 820 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Your thread has given me confidence that i can continue to own and enjoy my Baleno's run for another 3/4 years.

Where is the car now? In Delhi or Kerala?
Is it very sparingly driven now?
Somewhere in between you mentioned there was a kat-kat sound from left front, what was done to resolve it? My baleno is giving similar sound.

Every time i drive her it amazes me with her stance and grip of the road. We are thinking of moving her to our hometown in the next two years as we will have a car to commute within the city when we go there every 3/6 months.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 21st March 2012 at 16:04.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 18:01   #47
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
V&V, though you not updated the Odometer figure of your car, I believe it should have crossed the 100,000 mark ?
So congratulations beforehand!!
Do we get to see some fresh pics of your Baleno?
What's the current odometer reading now ? How long do you plan to keep it ?
Any updates/mods planned for the car ?
Thanks Fordmanchau. Yes it has crossed 1L. Since there was nothing specific to update , i thought will update in May. Would love to post latest pic buddy but my car is in Kerala. Enjoying its official retirement. My Dad drives it. I also don't know the exact Odo. Would love to keep it as long as its reliable and spares available. No update/mods planned. I like cars in its stock versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Your thread has given me confidence that i can continue to own and enjoy my Baleno's run for another 3/4 years.

Where is the car now? In Delhi or Kerala?
Is it very sparingly driven now?
Somewhere in between you mentioned there was a kat-kat sound from left front, what was done to resolve it? My baleno is giving similar sound.

Every time i drive her it amazes me with her stance and grip of the road. We are thinking of moving her to our hometown in the next two years as we will have a car to commute within the city when we go there every 3/6 months.
Thanks mayank. Yes you can easily keep it for next 4 - 5 years. The car is in kerala. it does 3000 kms a year now. Yes the khat khat sound was resolved and was from the Rack (Steering). I did a full suspension job both front/back before our drive to Kerala in 2010.

Last edited by v&v : 21st March 2012 at 18:02.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 14:57   #48
Newbie
 
utppal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Yes the khat khat sound was resolved and was from the Rack (Steering). I did a full suspension job both front/back before our drive to Kerala in 2010.
Hi V&V,

Have been following your very informative thread and wanted to ask you specifically on the full suspension job.

My 2006 Baleno has just about crossed 90k on the Odo and I'm too getting kathak sounds while going over potholes as well as when turning the steering full to the right.

How much did it cost you to do the full suspension job? Was it MGP or after market?

I too plan to keep my Baleno for another 3 ~ 4 years. I'm evaluating a justification for spending for a full suspension replacement job.

Thanks in advance!
utppal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 15:29   #49
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by utppal View Post
Hi V&V,

My 2006 Baleno has just about crossed 90k on the Odo and I'm too getting kathak sounds while going over potholes as well as when turning the steering full to the right.

How much did it cost you to do the full suspension job? Was it MGP or after market?

I too plan to keep my Baleno for another 3 ~ 4 years. I'm evaluating a justification for spending for a full suspension replacement job.

Thanks in advance!
SGP is very costly. Mine all were after market and is readily available. It should not cost you more than 15k. This excludes the axle. Only boot was changed.

As for Khat is due to steering column. Once it goes to lathe it will be fine.

Did you show it at any garage ?
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:59   #50
Newbie
 
utppal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
SGP is very costly. Mine all were after market and is readily available. It should not cost you more than 15k. This excludes the axle. Only boot was changed.

As for Khat is due to steering column. Once it goes to lathe it will be fine.

Did you show it at any garage ?

Yes I completely agree. SGP is very costly indeed! My Baleno is maintained by a local garage, not official anymore. So the opinion of the local mechanic is what I have at the current moment. I had planned to show it to a garage of repute but would you really think it is worth?

So yes, I will take your example and go with after market.
utppal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 03:45   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
This is was due to less usage. White smoke was only on cold start after a 15 to 20 days of non use. After my 80k service where i had injector and throttle body cleaning , Now i have no issues.

I also had a car scan and individual cylinder compression check too. All ok as of now.
Hello V&V,

I know its an ancient post , not sure if you still have your favorite machine Baleno. I just wanted to know about the cylinder compression check, where did you get that checked from in delhi/ncr ?

If possible please send me the phone number and address of that shop or mechanic.

Regards,

Dev-Gun
Dev-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 21:06   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 116
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Hi V&V,

I read up your posts on your Baleno today and found it very encouraging. I too own a 2005 Baleno and have been enjoying the drive since 2009 as I bought it from a friend. It has done 80k+ kms on the odo. I wanted to know your opinion on a few things:

1. I also experience the sound in the shockers.
2. The driver side lock latch is gone kaput as I can unlock the central lock using the key from the driver side but when i lock using the key from the driver side only the driver side door locks but if i lock using the button on the driver side door all 4 doors get locked. Motorcraft gave me a option to replace the latch for 8k (essentially the whole central lock assembly)
3. I think there is a slight loss in acceleration. Could it be the clutch?
4. I need to get a audio system head replaced, any recommendations?


Thanks,
Asif
TorquePeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 18:21   #53
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Hello V&V,

I know its an ancient post , not sure if you still have your favorite machine Baleno. I just wanted to know about the cylinder compression check, where did you get that checked from in delhi/ncr ?

If possible please send me the phone number and address of that shop or mechanic.

Regards,

Dev-Gun

Sorry Dev, i missed your post. Yes my baleno is still with me. No problems mechanically but power windows is what is troubling me.

I used to visit Kar Scanning Centre @ GK-2. Its in the old savitri cinema complex.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Hi V&V,

I read up your posts on your Baleno today and found it very encouraging. I too own a 2005 Baleno and have been enjoying the drive since 2009 as I bought it from a friend. It has done 80k+ kms on the odo. I wanted to know your opinion on a few things:

1. I also experience the sound in the shockers.
2. The driver side lock latch is gone kaput as I can unlock the central lock using the key from the driver side but when i lock using the key from the driver side only the driver side door locks but if i lock using the button on the driver side door all 4 doors get locked. Motorcraft gave me a option to replace the latch for 8k (essentially the whole central lock assembly)
3. I think there is a slight loss in acceleration. Could it be the clutch?
4. I need to get a audio system head replaced, any recommendations?

Thanks,
Asif
The khat sound is usually from steering rack. You can get it repaired with suspension work.

You can get a Autocop or similar from 3k onwards. Why spend 8k ?

if 80k on original clutch, then it might be the clutch.

Cant help much on this, but certainly recommend a double din with touch and bluetooth pairing should be the one you should be looking for.

hope this helps.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 23:23   #54
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 468 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
2. The driver side lock latch is gone kaput as I can unlock the central lock using the key from the driver side but when i lock using the key from the driver side only the driver side door locks but if i lock using the button on the driver side door all 4 doors get locked. Motorcraft gave me a option to replace the latch for 8k (essentially the whole central lock assembly)
Ive had this same issue in the past! If you take out the door card and plastic, you will notice a lot of rods going from the lock(key) to the actuator, knob etc. At some place, you will notice that 2 parallel rods are connected with a small box like thingie with 4 screws! One of the rods seem to be slipping. You need to tighten those screws and all should be well! make sure the rods are in the right position before tightening the screws!

Cheers!
james is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 18:16   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 116
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Got the shockers changed.

Munjal shockers for all for costed Rs. 14800.
Shocker kit Rs. 1200
Minda remote lock kit Rs. 2800
Labour Rs. 1500

Got it done from a garage near my house.

Latch problem became redundant after the remote lock.

Still to be done:
1. Steering bolts to be changed
2. Audio head to be changed
3. Left side view mirror to be changed.
4. Seat covers to be put.
TorquePeedo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 16:41   #56
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 14 years & 107000 kms

Its been long long time , i last updated this thread.

My Baleno has now completed 14years this May 15th. I was in kerala for a 15 days vacation and really enjoyed driving it around. Even kids are still very attached to the car.

I have changed the DL registration to KL registration. Took six months time. No major hassle.

Problems : Nothing major except earlier reported. Power windows. Passenger side is a pain. Gets stuck for no reason.

Compressor conked off. Replaced with a used one. Costed 3.5k only.
Minor leak developed in radiator, rectified locally.

The double DIN touch screen not responding to touch. May due to less usage. Didnt fiddle it much.

Rear bearing are bit noisy. Still no major concern.
Gearbox - Seal leakage - 1-2 drops. Avoiding any work.
Maruti ASS is just 1/2 a km from my home. So service has been never a issue.

Now the car runs about 200 - 300 kms a month. Max 2500 - 3000 kms a year.

Latest pics
My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up-20140519_071248.jpg

My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up-20140519_073417.jpg
v&v is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 16:32   #57
BHPian
 
Nissan1180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 382
Thanked: 726 Times
Default re: Baleno @ 18 years & 1,09,000 kms

What a beautifully maintained Baleno

The challenge today is to buy a car that provides a similar driving experience at the same price. I think the only car that comes close to the value offered by the Baleno (back then) is the Honda Amaze- a reliable car with decent performance figures and a good boot space.
Surprisingly, the main area where it falls short is also the same as the Baleno- a dated interior.
Nissan1180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 21:38   #58
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Thanks Nissan1180. Yes still it bring smile when u drive. It's more enjoyable to drive on winding Kerala roads.

I too agree about the interior part. It's in a way is blessing in disguise as the maintenance is bare minimum...
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 14:26   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Good to see the condition of your Baleno v&v. I am still roaring my ways in delhi/ncr happily with My 2005 Black Beauty ! It has done 106000 kms. Want to put some good 5 spoke alloys on 185/65/14 tyres...if someone could suggest me.

Thanks im advance,

Dev-Gun
Dev-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 19:21   #60
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Thanks Dev. I picked up alloys from Reliance Auto ambiance mall Gurgaon.
Best Is search online for design.. The approach a dealer.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is better - A car which has driven 1 lac kms in 4 years or 35,000 in 6 years syravi Technical Stuff 41 7th May 2016 16:21
300,000 kms in 7.5 years on my Esteem Diesel. EDIT: Sold @ 3.4 Lakh kms benzinblut Long-Term Ownership Reviews 72 8th March 2014 01:54
1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R San Phrangmung Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 4th February 2011 19:05
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37
Baleno 50000 Km in 3 Years 2 Months - Review (Now clocked 50,000 kms) BlackPearl Long-Term Ownership Reviews 131 15th February 2009 12:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks