Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd September 2007, 09:06   #1
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Post My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up

hi,

This only car i have holded for so long other wise i used to sell the car when it clocks around 50000kms or 30 months which ever is earlier.

There was no such thoughts about my baleno even now. Sit on the cockpit and still i feel the adrenaline flow when it zip from 0 to 100 in matter of time.

For past 2 years this is my weekend car,(i had an indica earlier now indigo LS for my office and misc running) with family or occational long drive on saturday early morning touching speed limits on EXpress Highways. (My son(Yash) 9 years is fan of baleno and has good knowledge car models and its specs)

NOTE: ALL MY HIGWAY TRIPS ARE ON BANELO EVEN I HAD DIESEL CAR.
THE LONGEST WAS DELHI-MUMBAI VIA INDORE.

FUEL AVERAGE
MY USUAL TREND IS FOR FILLING GAS FOR Rs 1000 AND IT GIVES ME AROUND 270 TO 290KMS

JAN 2007
HIGHWAY - DELHI - CHANDIGARH - KASUALI - SOLAN - DELHI
I THINK IT GAVE ME 18+

INTERIOR-SPENDING
---------------------
NO MODIFICATION DONE. AS IT WAS FROM SHOWROOM.
ALL I PUT WAS ON SEAT COVER LEATHER(AFTER 4 YEARS) AND A PIONEER STEREO AND SPEAKERS.
LATELY DARK FILMS

Maintenance : (Broadly Fill it, and forget it)
--------------------------------------------

Repairs -

AC Pully Bearing got Stuck @ 65000 kms. Ac Belt also Broke.

POWER WINDOW SERVICING : LOCAL MECHANIC GUY - SIX MONTH BACK
ALL 4

Tyre Change : @ 55000 kms

Power Steering Old Seal Leakage repair @ 48000kms
(Happened after a visit to DEV PRAYAG AND BACK)

---------------

PENDING ISSUES TO ADDRESS
-----------------------------

1. SLIGHT SOUND FROM SUSPENSION (MAKES ONLY IN PATH-HOLES)

2. WHEEL BEARING - FRONT DUE FOR CHANGE (AS PER SERVICE ADVISORS)

3. POWER WINDOW DRIVER SWITCH - SPRING DAMAGED. WHOLE MODULE NEEDS TO BE REPLACE (AS PER SERVICES ADVISORS) IT ARE Rs 3600

4. RUBBER BEEDINGS ARE GETTING CRACKS AND CUTS NEED ATTENTION.

5. CLUTCH - GETTING WEAKER.

GUYS YOUR SUGGESTION ABOUT MY PENDING REPAIRS AND ADVICE ABOUT KEEPING THIS CAR FURTHER REQUIRED.

CHEERS
V&V
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi V&V,

Please try not to type in ALL CAPS unless its just a heading or something like that.

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:13   #3
v&v
Senior - BHPian

i am not good at typing. will take care of your observation
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 12:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
1. SLIGHT SOUND

2. WHEEL BEARING - FRONT DUE FOR CHANGE (AS PER SERVICE ADVISORS)

3. POWER WINDOW DRIVER SWITCH - SPRING DAMAGED. WHOLE MODULE NEEDS TO BE REPLACE (AS PER SERVICES ADVISORS) IT ARE Rs 3600

4. RUBBER BEEDINGS ARE GETTING CRACKS AND CUTS NEED ATTENTION.

5. CLUTCH - GETTING WEAKER.
Re problem 1, it has been addressed in this forum. However, at 70k it may be time for a suspension overhaul.
2. Change wheel bearing and only use MGP, it is a critical part.
3. See if any local mechanic can replace the spring. seems a waste to replace the module just for that.
4. Beadings should be replaced, It will improve noise reduction also.
5. Change clutch - 70 k is long enough for a new one.

Good to have another Baleno addict here.
Post some pics.

Last edited by filcord : 2nd September 2007 at 12:17.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:32   #5
BHPian

After how many kms should the baleno clutch be replaces? Lets say spirited driving and city use.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 17:20   #6
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy baleno - health checkup (Car Scanning Centers)

Guys is there any car scanning centers around delhi, where i can get my baleno checked for engine compression and other issues. They check and generates a diagnostic report.

My baleno some times gives white smoke, it i dont use it for 15 - 20 days. Only cold start.
Old 26th December 2009, 10:32   #7
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Default Update at 85000 kms

No major problems.

Did some update on ICE and updated the interiors. (Posting Pics)
Did Clutch Overhaul,wheel bearing change.
Got the power window switch - driver side repaired - Lajpat nagar.
Fixed Apollo acelere alloys 13 incher with good year GT3.
Fitted Panasound Touch enabled DVD Player.

Present issue only left is Thud sound from front on bad road / path-holes.

My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up-g-057.jpg

My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up-g-048.jpg

My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up-g-050.jpg

My Maruti Baleno - 18 years & 1,09,000 kms up-g-121.jpg
Old 26th December 2009, 20:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

alloys and tyres look great but the inside grille,and door handles are garish - doosra colour choose kijiye
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 00:08   #9
BHPian

Car going great at 70K, nice to know that. BTW you said car throwing white smokes, what was the issue?
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 07:37   #10
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Car going great at 70K, nice to know that. BTW you said car throwing white smokes, what was the issue?
This is was due to less usage. White smoke was only on cold start after a 15 to 20 days of non use. After my 80k service where i had injector and throttle body cleaning , Now i have no issues.

I also had a car scan and individual cylinder compression check too. All ok as of now.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
This is was due to less usage. White smoke was only on cold start after a 15 to 20 days of non use. After my 80k service where i had injector and throttle body cleaning , Now i have no issues.

I also had a car scan and individual cylinder compression check too. All ok as of now.
Oh OK. Now have fun with your baleno.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 20:04   #12
BHPian

Hey V&V,
Even i own a baleno and i must say its superb vehicle, mine is pearl silver and is 1.26 lacs on the Odo still never thought of making it a history!!
Even i have a problem of the noise over potholes and it is due to the shocker..needs to be replaced
Second is that the paint on my girl is getting off, needs to be repainted
Still get FE of 12-12.5 in city!!
What bout you?
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 21:29   #13
BHPian

After 85k mileage, comparitively from outside the car looks as good as new to me--of what i could make out from the pic-- the color of the car is not common either. As far as the expenditure you put in other than servicing, seems to me reasonably well.I've seen many other baleno's which have crossed 60k+ and the expenditure they had to incur was about twice or thrice of what you stated. Which implies, perhaps, that your'e a carefull driver and who doesnt take undue advantage of your car.

But, i believe that now as your car reaches the 1 lakh mileage mark, expenses may need to be incurred. Its common, that after 70K mark, suspension of this car needs to be stifened up or in some cases , a Suspension O/H becomes a neccessity. One of the expenses you may definately need to incur, would be the timing belt replacement with its bearing.

If i had baleno exactly as yours, i would keep it until its requires an engine O/H. And even if the need arises, to engine O/H a baleno , i would love to go ahead, since one thing is pretty much guaranted : The availability of Maruti Suzuki cars spare parts.
ritedhawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 14:01   #14
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
After 85k mileage, comparitively from outside the car looks as good as new to me--of what i could make out from the pic-- the color of the car is not common either. As far as the expenditure you put in other than servicing, seems to me reasonably well.I've seen many other baleno's which have crossed 60k+ and the expenditure they had to incur was about twice or thrice of what you stated. Which implies, perhaps, that your'e a carefull driver and who doesnt take undue advantage of your car.

But, i believe that now as your car reaches the 1 lakh mileage mark, expenses may need to be incurred. Its common, that after 70K mark, suspension of this car needs to be stifened up or in some cases , a Suspension O/H becomes a neccessity. One of the expenses you may definately need to incur, would be the timing belt replacement with its bearing.

If i had baleno exactly as yours, i would keep it until its requires an engine O/H. And even if the need arises, to engine O/H a baleno , i would love to go ahead, since one thing is pretty much guaranted : The availability of Maruti Suzuki cars spare parts.

ritedhawan,
Good observation. True i used this for exclusively for my personal or business travel where i was driving. No one in family had access to it or even the driver until lately. Now it is being used for kids school drops and pickups. (My current exclusive is my favorite "Safari" )

I too plan to keep baleno as long as i can. I am planning to send to my home town in kerala by this year end, (Planning a Delhi - Kerala trip on it)
There the running will be less and can have an extended life.

I had a talk about this at COMPETENT Automobiles during its last service, he said for at least next 10 years there will be no issues for spares.
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:37   #15
BHPian

congratulations on reaching this milestone(!) with so few issues. My baleno is now at 45 k, and I have the p/window switch problem too - the master switch for left back does not work to raise the glass, but I can raise it from the actual door switch itself. I use Mobil 1 and the engine is like butter.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote