Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th June 2008, 15:46   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Hi,
My 25 K service was priced 2650. In which 900 Rs for 3M body treatment is included. Otherwise, 625 for general km service and 490 for engine oil and 350 for break cleaning. (taxes extra).

Regards

Abhilash
What about the 4th service at 20 K ? Have you posted the details anywhere please ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:49   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What about the 4th service at 20 K ? Have you posted the details anywhere please ?
Yes, I have posted it in Jaggu's thread, here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post778475
abhilash_iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi abhilash,

>Yes recommended is 10000 kms. I just does the oil changes at 5000 Kms. Oil
> flter not changed this time. Along with recommended oil changes only.

So you are the following the Honda pattern. At the 15000m service for my City, I should try to ascertain whether they actually change the oil or just bill it. Easier in the diesel, as the colour changes.

With the Innova it was easy as the service bay was just on the other side of the customer lounge with its huge glass window.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:58   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi abhilash,

>Yes recommended is 10000 kms. I just does the oil changes at 5000 Kms. Oil
> flter not changed this time. Along with recommended oil changes only.

So you are the following the Honda pattern. At the 15000m service for my City, I should try to ascertain whether they actually change the oil or just bill it. Easier in the diesel, as the colour changes.

With the Innova it was easy as the service bay was just on the other side of the customer lounge with its huge glass window.
I never knew it was the Honda pattern. Just was not comfortable seeing the color of oil after 5 K kms, so decided to change it at 5K intervals. I hope, even if it does'nt do any good, it won't harm the engine. MASS guys looked at me like I am crazy when I asked oil change at 15 and 25K services. But oil filter, I thought let it be as recommended.
abhilash_iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 17:11   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
I never knew it was the Honda pattern. Just was not comfortable seeing the color of oil after 5 K kms, so decided to change it at 5K intervals. I hope, even if it does'nt do any good, it won't harm the engine. MASS guys looked at me like I am crazy when I asked oil change at 15 and 25K services. But oil filter, I thought let it be as recommended.
Buddy you really should change your oil filter at every oil change + its cheap man
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 13:34   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi abhilash,

> Just was not comfortable seeing the color of oil after 5 K kms, so decided to
> change it at 5K intervals.

The colour in a diesel engine changes quite fast. feel the oil between the fingers. It should be smooth.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 17:53   #82
BHPian

Talking 60,000 kms Up!!

I was shuffling the tripmeter today to reset it after filling gas (a routine)! Third press showed the odometer reading 60,112 kms!!!!

Well... that means a clean and happy SIXTY THOUSAND kilometers in 2 years flat!!!!

All I can say is "I LOVE THIS CAR"!! The feedback when I sit in the driver seat is still fresh!! I dont think any other car in this segment will assure you that feeling after suffering a 60k abuse!!! "Abuse" in my terms is well known to all bhp-ians in kochi!!

Need to schedule 60k service with MSM nextweek for this baby. Will post a more detailed ownership and service experience after that.

@Mods: Please change the thread title suitably. Thanks in advance.
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 20:56   #83
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
I was shuffling the tripmeter today to reset it after filling gas (a routine)! Third press showed the odometer reading 60,112 kms!!!!

Well... that means a clean and happy SIXTY THOUSAND kilometers in 2 years flat!!!!

All I can say is "I LOVE THIS CAR"!! The feedback when I sit in the driver seat is still fresh!! I dont think any other car in this segment will assure you that feeling after suffering a 60k abuse!!! "Abuse" in my terms is well known to all bhp-ians in kochi!!

Need to schedule 60k service with MSM nextweek for this baby. Will post a more detailed ownership and service experience after that.

@Mods: Please change the thread title suitably. Thanks in advance.
congrats on 60K! I envy you. one year up with my car, and I've done only 25k
How long is your commute?
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 09:50   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
How long is your commute?
I drive it 80 to 100 kms a day! Need to make lots of shot spins thru my vendors!!
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:09   #85
BHPian

Cool Herez the details

As mentioned in the previous posts, the car was sent to MARUTI SERVICE MASTERS for 60,000 km service for required works and complete checkup!

The extra works that were done apart from Maruti guidelines for 60K kms are
(1) Both bumpers & OVRM Covers re-painted and a full body wax polish
(2) Minor repair on R R door central lock assembly
(3) Dismantled the evaporater assembly and cleaned as frequent operation of recirculation mode tends to suck lots of dust (Climate control a/c)
(4) 1 nos F R wheel stud replaced.
(5) Full interior cleaning by 3M.
(6) Replaced old registration plates with new 'anti-theft registration plates
(7) Some extra efforts to reduce the infamous rattlings from rear seat and doors.

Periodical maintenance includes replacement of e-oil, t-oil, engine coolant (flushed too), air & oil filters, sparkplugs & brake fluid.

All it costed me is Rs.10,000/- out of which Rs.5500 gone as repainting and polishing charges! I strongly believe that the money spent is worth in every respect as car looks and runs like NEW now!!!! The steering & suspension systems was thoroughly checked for any "effect" of abuse i do on them, and the underbody checked for any signs of premature rusting. Absolutely no issues!!!

Am a very happy man today! Absolutely fantastic car that serves my prupose beyond my expectations! Very easy to manoeuvre thru city and congested roads. The 'fun-to-drive' factor is anytime available for an enthusiastic driver like me! A very value for money car to say! Very low maintenance costs compared to the other cars in same segment.

Never had any breakdowns or a even a flat tyre so far! Once I saw a drop in pressure in one wheel and immediatly drove it to the tyre shop!(thanks to the tubeless technology)

Hope I managed to write everything usefull for the forum! Anything left will be added later.

cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Swift ZXi - 3rd set of tyres - 80,000 kms UP!-2o8-043a.jpg  

Swift ZXi - 3rd set of tyres - 80,000 kms UP!-2o8-048a.jpg  

Last edited by nikkibike : 3rd October 2008 at 15:15.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:56   #86
BHPian

Thumbs up 70,000 kms UP!

My Swift darling has completed serving 70,000 kms today.
Drove her straight to MSM and told them to do periodical service and whatever required to be done upon full inspection.

Usually my cars gets spl attention there as they know me and my knowledge bout cars. So the top guy checked the car and called me with a list of replacements and works to be done on the car to bring it back to perfect status.

I was expecting a looooooong list as this is 70k service. Well... apart from the regular lubricants and consumables, stabiliser link joints and brake pads required replacements. Then comes the extra service works; underbody requires rust protection coatings and they suggested Dinitrol. Got that done too..

Now the car is out and is running absolutely fine!
Am really amazed to learn that the OE clutch, drive shafts and suspension withstood all the abuses I threw at it all these days! I specifically told the guy to get those things checked properly and let me know if any repalcements required... but really got surprised when he said everything is intact!!!!!!

Now... what should I say..... this one is a damn good car... has served me meet all purposes... daily drive to work, casual drives to city and nearby places, teambhp drives...etc etc... the most pleasing factor is that one doesn't need huge energy level to use this car. Its light in all ways and effortlessly comes whereever you want. I used to get tired at the end of the day by using the cars I owned before. Travel close to a hundreds kms everyday in a span of 15 kms from the start point; thru congested / damaged / well paved roads, 40% being on highway!

A great car to own! Good option for a small family like mine. Better choice for daily users. Best suited for driving enthusiasts.

Thankyou Maruti Suzuki for giving this wonderfull piece to me! Its been good to me after the initial minor hiccups!

heh... lemme go now and floor the pedal to findout how she performs now!

C H E E R S!!!

(@mods - pl change the title of this thread suitably. thanks in advance)
Old 26th February 2009, 20:24   #87
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congrats on 70k. I'm really amazed that everything is still holding together in spite of the so called "flimsily" put together japanese tin box. And if it has to do that with you at the steering wheel
Just kidding!
When are your new tyres coming? I was expecting that when I saw an update on this thread.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 09:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
When are your new tyres coming? I was expecting that when I saw an update on this thread.
doooooooood..!! another atleast 5000 to 8000 kms to go!!

Planning Neovas as the next set. prabhuav said he will help me get it from Bangy!! he heeee....!
Old 27th February 2009, 09:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mr Doooooood

Great going. 70k in around 28 months.!!
The car looks in immaculate condition. You really do know how to rape and take care of her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Planning Neovas as the next set. prabhuav said he will help me get it from Bangy!! he heeee....!
Not really required. IMO
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 10:08   #90
Team-BHP Support

Arrre, how come absolutely no scratches even after 70k ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote