Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 15:33   #181
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Non LT Magnum owners, I would like to know how the braking is without the ABS esp at high speeds. Have you ever felt the need for ABS. Would appreciate your inputs as I am seriously considering the LS version.

Thanks
rajesh

Go for LS, all four disk brakes are equipped with proper breaking capability...only thing is you need to get used to it...straihgt line stability and sudden breaking is good on highway...ABS and Airbags is a good option but only if you can afford it...

otherwise 2 din system is of not that usefull, similarly the sunroof option is also not that useful...leather seats you can get anytime...
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 10:07   #182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Go for LS, all four disk brakes are equipped with proper breaking capability...only thing is you need to get used to it...straihgt line stability and sudden breaking is good on highway...ABS and Airbags is a good option but only if you can afford it...

otherwise 2 din system is of not that usefull, similarly the sunroof option is also not that useful...leather seats you can get anytime...
Magnum Diesel LT doesn't have a sun-roof. Only the petrol version has a sun-roof.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 10:55   #183
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,398 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
ABS and Airbags is a good option but only if you can afford it...
Anyone spending 10 lakhs on a sedan shouldn't take the excuse of affordability and skimp on these life saving tools.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 12:06   #184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Magnum Diesel LT doesn't have a sun-roof. Only the petrol version has a sun-roof.
Sorry if I am going OT, but is Sun/Moon roof a 'luxury' that it is made out to be? Going even further I would ask, is Sun roof really required in a country like India, other than the snob value comes with it?
CaAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 13:46   #185
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anyone spending 10 lakhs on a sedan shouldn't take the excuse of affordability and skimp on these life saving tools.
i agree with you GTO, but you know budgets do matter...when i bought magnum my budget was around 7.5L i pushed it beyond my limits...even today i feel crunch when my half the salary goes in EMIs...but at the same i wish i could have gone for topend...and that would be only for ABS and Airbags....

Meanwhile the only thing i can do is drive safely and take utmost safety measures....

Wear you seatbelts....
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 13:47   #186
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Magnum Diesel LT doesn't have a sun-roof. Only the petrol version has a sun-roof.
ohh i am surprized....anyways...i never find sunroof as an usefull feature
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 14:24   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
ohh i am surprized....anyways...i never find sunroof as an usefull feature
Yes. The top end petrol has/had far more goodies than the top end diesel
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 15:04   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Thank you for the reassuring statements Throttle and Kewl. I dont know why they cannot have ABS as optional for all variants like Verna. I would not mind spending another 20K if they have it as an option. How has your after sales service experience been so far? I will be moving from Maruti, which is supposed to have the best A. S. S. (though I do not like it much) - I cant imagine how the others will be.
hsejars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 15:19   #189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Thank you for the reassuring statements Throttle and Kewl. I dont know why they cannot have ABS as optional for all variants like Verna. I would not mind spending another 20K if they have it as an option. How has your after sales service experience been so far? I will be moving from Maruti, which is supposed to have the best A. S. S. (though I do not like it much) - I cant imagine how the others will be.
I wish they would have offered ABS as an option, I would have taken it too. My wife has a Swift Zxi and it has all the safety features + Auto Climate control at 5.5L.

Well my first service is a week away so will know for sure only then. I also moved from Maruti Suzuki and this was one issue alongwith the resale value that held me back. I did take feedback from friends & family on the after sales and everyone said they are good and have improved. Don't expect them to be as good as maruti but they are a whole lot better than what they were. Their cashless offer also added to my confidence.

It's been two weeks that the magnum came home and I have not regretted it till now. The car is very good value for money.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 14:38   #190
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Thank you for the reassuring statements Throttle and Kewl. I dont know why they cannot have ABS as optional for all variants like Verna. I would not mind spending another 20K if they have it as an option. How has your after sales service experience been so far? I will be moving from Maruti, which is supposed to have the best A. S. S. (though I do not like it much) - I cant imagine how the others will be.

A.S.S. is good, at least i am getting better responses from Pashankar Auto in pune. on the other hand i have developed good relations with sale and after sales team...
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 22:00   #191
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 845
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

automatic climate control available in top end versions of magnum now
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 23:08   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Can the CC unit be retrofitted?
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 18:43   #193
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Can the CC unit be retrofitted?

yes i guess, but that will cost you BOMB!!!

i am looking for good steering wheel for my LS, any suggestions? i like the 4 spoke wheel of LT, but its very expensive.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 20:36   #194
BHPian
 
beanstalk_230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lucknow/New Delhi
Posts: 254
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

A bit of update from my side.. been quite a long time since i updated

getting a constant FE of 13-13.5 in city with 100% ac - very very manageable; keeping in mind the recent fuel hikes and that FE was the major concern while i went out buying my baby.

had a problem in one of the wheels - the air pressure kept falling at a constant rate over a 3-4 days. thankfully was just a problem in the valve.. got it replaced for Rs 7.. .

and i think i badly need a parking sensor though i haven't scratched anything yet but would be really helpful as far as i am concerned. So would like you all to drop in some suggestions so as to which or rather what type of sensor should i go in for which are practical in use and do not void my warranty ?? and yeppp their pricing as well.
beanstalk_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 21:11   #195
BHPian
 
kris905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 39
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
and i think i badly need a parking sensor though i haven't scratched anything yet but would be really helpful as far as i am concerned. So would like you all to drop in some suggestions so as to which or rather what type of sensor should i go in for which are practical in use and do not void my warranty ?? and yeppp their pricing as well.
I was planning the sensor for mine too. The normal ones that has 4 sensors and the display on the dash costs around 2300 including fitting.
They need to drill 4 places to fix the sensors.

Other option is the camera and LCD, costs around 6000, which is neat.
Have seen it on a civic, works great.

The sensor works good too, display shows the distance in mts and gives an audible alert, which gets louder as proximity increases.

Let us know which one you chose
kris905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership report : Chevrolet Optra Magnum LT 2.0 TCDI drive_or_die Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 207 9th January 2017 08:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks