Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 6th January 2009, 17:10   #331
BHPian

How much were you cahrged for inflating each tyre?
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 18:21   #332
BHPian

nitrogen filling was done at mandovi motors mangalore
they quoted rs 25 per tyre when i inquired the previous evening but after filling nitrogen the next day they charged rs 50 per tyre reason
double charge for non maruthi vehicles
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 15:50   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
they quoted rs 25 per tyre when i inquired the previous evening but after filling nitrogen the next day they charged rs 50 per tyre reason

one question here, once you fill the nitrogen then what is the frequency to check tyre pressure?
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 17:25   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mandovi ripped you off.

I had filled up nitrogen and then after a week I had a puncture. Went back to the same guy and he gladly filled up nitrogen in that single tyre. No fuss.

All this talk about non-maruti vehicles is crap. How can they do this ? Or is the machine MUL sponsored ?
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 01:06   #335
BHPian

they said no need of refilling upto 6 months but to be on safer side check pressure once in 2 months
you are right normally_crazy i had no option but to pay they had already filled nitrogen in the tyres and bill was ready no more nitrogen for my tyres anymore they have to make do with plain air
btw how much did it cost you for filling nitrogen in mumbai
Old 14th January 2009, 16:44   #336
BHPian

guys are you facing any rattles in Magnum? if yes how do you plan fix them? i am facing very little bit of rattles in my magnum, but i am not able to locate them.
Old 6th April 2009, 19:49   #337
BHPian

Guess its been a long time since any updates on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
guys are you facing any rattles in Magnum? if yes how do you plan fix them? i am facing very little bit of rattles in my magnum, but i am not able to locate them.
@ throttleking - Not facing any rattles as of now touchwood though the roads i travel aint that good. Covered nearly 16K.

15K service has been completed. Costed around 2.5k in total. No issues so far.

The service personnel had inspected the brakes and suggested me to replace the front one's before another 3000 kms or they could damage the front dics. Is it normal to replace brake pads at around 18-19000 km on odo... ? (Would cost around 2.5k) Kindly suggest.
beanstalk_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 12:49   #338
BHPian

Quote:

I haven't got any rattles in my car, however I can hear small squeking sounds in the dashboard and front driver side door. People at the service station say they need at least 2 days to identify the cause. I am planning to leave the vehicle for 15k service tomorrow. Will let you know whether it is resolved.....
Old 7th April 2009, 13:09   #339
BHPian

ohh finally somebody invoked this thread again where are the magnum owners? no updates since long time.

here goes mine, car has completed 20k and going stronger each day, will give it for service this week, will get the breakpads changed and squeaking sound removal. Cluth is getting heavier each day, i have been complaining since first service so no solution so far. its really painful in traffic.

3 changes in my magnum : got 205/55/R15 yokohama S-drives, ICE setup is changed, got Pioneer 4050 HU, JBL 2 ch amp and JBL 947 400watt speakers in the rear. overall setup is great and value for money. I plan to get mono amp and subwoofer later. Got the t-bhp stickers on my magnum

Have been looking for suitable synthetic oil for magnum, will get it changed soon.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:30   #340
BHPian

Quote:
ohh finally somebody invoked this thread again where are the magnum owners? no updates since long time.

here goes mine, car has completed 20k and going stronger each day, will give it for service this week, will get the breakpads changed and squeaking sound removal. Cluth is getting heavier each day, i have been complaining since first service so no solution so far. its really painful in traffic.

3 changes in my magnum : got 205/55/R15 yokohama S-drives, ICE setup is changed, got Pioneer 4050 HU, JBL 2 ch amp and JBL 947 400watt speakers in the rear. overall setup is great and value for money. I plan to get mono amp and subwoofer later. Got the t-bhp stickers on my magnum

Have been looking for suitable synthetic oil for magnum, will get it changed soon.
Yes, saw this thread after a long time. I haven't had the problem if clutch hardening. Let me know if you have had any problem with the tyres, have they been hitting the body at any point of time?
I also have changed the entire ICE. Have you just put on rear speakers? Have you changed the rear parcel tray?

Of course I have got the stickers, haven't put them up yet. Would be nice if you post some pictures of which stickers you have used.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:37   #341
BHPian

Ok my magnum has completed 30k service (i missed the 25k service)
I guess i should have changed the front brake pads at 25k cause the service guy told me mine were almost non existent
got the engine oil,front brake pads,fuel filter,air filter,oil filter changed,ac ducts cleaned,also i had complained of loss of engine response for a fraction of a second sometimes on the highway when changing gears at high speed so they reset the ecu
total cost for service at 30k was Rs 7,000/- u can say that includes the 25k service also
my car has no rattles or squeaks so far drives and feels like new(i love my magnum )
observations so far
milage-10 kpl in city driving,12 kpl highway with hard driving and speeds in excess of 120 kph,14 kpl if you drive sedately at 80 to 90 kph
cluth has become a bit hard
wheel alingment problems every time tyres are rotated this time i spent 2 hours at the tyre center and figured out the problem.Its with the company alloys one of them needs to be on the front disks otherwise whatever you do you cant get the alingment right so next time i need to remove the tyre and fit it to the rear disk while rotating tyres
have changed the tyres to 205/50/15 michellin pp2 only time they hit the car body is at very low speed when i turn the car with steering at extreme left or right
both sides of the car below the doors had started to rust with bubbles in the paint dont blame GM for it cause i drive everyday on the iron ore ladden port highway and my car is covered with iron ore and i had not got the antirust coating done for the underbody so i got the areas repainted myself

Btw got the team bhp stickers on my magnum you can see the car pics with the stickers in the team bhp stickers thread

Future plans
Race dynamics piggyback ecu will boost power by 20% to 144 bhp seems it will be available this month from race dynamics bangalore
cyclone storm air filter with stabilization kit from petes
synthetic engine oil
result-150 bhp magnum any day now

Last edited by dockap : 7th April 2009 at 21:46.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:52   #342
BHPian

No rattles in my Magnum but I do get some sqealing noises from the front doors. Regent Gurgaon told that it's normal in Optra and cannot be rectified. It's apparently the noise of the Wooden Garnish . Really disappointed with the Regent Service.

They scratched my car and the car washing was pathetic to say the least. Lodged in a compaint with the call center but Regent's hardly bothered. Will try out Apex the next time.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 22:39   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
No rattles in my Magnum but I do get some sqealing noises from the front doors. Regent Gurgaon told that it's normal in Optra and cannot be rectified. It's apparently the noise of the Wooden Garnish . Really disappointed with the Regent Service.

They scratched my car and the car washing was pathetic to say the least. Lodged in a compaint with the call center but Regent's hardly bothered. Will try out Apex the next time.
That's sad to hear. Certain service center's are still doing a pathetic job it seems. Though this time around I personally had a better experience. The car was cleaned up really well both interiors and exterior polishing at no extra cost. Got the car on time as promised by the personnel. All in all a better experience.

Got the wheel alignment and balancing done. Though a tad expensive but still done very well.

Quote:
Future plans
Race dynamics piggyback ecu will boost power by 20% to 144 bhp seems it will be available this month from race dynamics bangalore
cyclone storm air filter with stabilization kit from petes
synthetic engine oil
result-150 bhp magnum any day now
Gosh.. Wouldn't that be an overkill. Though feels exciting to hear. Do update on the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Yes, saw this thread after a long time. I haven't had the problem if clutch hardening. Let me know if you have had any problem with the tyres, have they been hitting the body at any point of time?
I also have changed the entire ICE. Have you just put on rear speakers? Have you changed the rear parcel tray?

Of course I have got the stickers, haven't put them up yet. Would be nice if you post some pictures of which stickers you have used.
No clutch hardening as I could perceive it. I have put the sticker's just above the brake light (rear glass).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
I haven't got any rattles in my car, however I can hear small squeking sounds in the dashboard and front driver side door. People at the service station say they need at least 2 days to identify the cause. I am planning to leave the vehicle for 15k service tomorrow. Will let you know whether it is resolved.....
Even I had experienced some sound from the dash sometime back and I figured out that it was coming from the faceplate of the crappy kenwood audio system.

Guys it would be really nice if you all could give an idea about the ICE which each one of you has installed in the car...
Old 9th April 2009, 22:57   #344
Senior - BHPian

Only 16k
Considering you're in Lucknow for almost 3 months now.
It should have done much more.

@ Gaurav, can you post an image of your stock HU.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 00:28   #345
BHPian

Will do it tomorrow bro..

Well its still an increase over what i have done in 1 1/4 year ...

Last edited by beanstalk_230 : 10th April 2009 at 00:30.