Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd May 2009, 22:14   #346
BHPian

Default Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
wheel alingment problems every time tyres are rotated this time i spent 2 hours at the tyre center and figured out the problem.Its with the company alloys one of them needs to be on the front disks otherwise whatever you do you cant get the alingment right so next time i need to remove the tyre and fit it to the rear disk while rotating tyres
My magnum has done 17.7K in 16 months and I also have the same issue. Whatever you do the alignment will never be correct until you reach a specific combinatoin of wheels. Now I know the reason.

Is there any way that we can make out which wheel should go front?

Also I m facing the tik tik sound from front right suspension as some of the owners here already pointed out. Its very low, but really annoying. I reported the issue before finishing 1 year, but they didnt do anything for it during service. I will complaint again for 20 K service.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 23rd May 2009 at 22:17.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:48   #347
BHPian

I gave my magnum for 20k service and it costed me only Rs750/- . i was shocked . I wish i could get awa with turbo lag else no other problem.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:50   #348
BHPian

I had given my Magnum for 15K service at Sundaram, Bangalore with two complains i.e. pulling toward right and some dashboard sound. They wanted two days to rectify, will update once get the car back. This is my first post on this thread and wondering how come i din't posted my experience earlier. Guess this is the HOME for Magnum owners
raaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:13   #349
BHPian

Pulling problem got resolved on my Car after changing the tyre to Machelin. Got the new set of tyre free of Cost from Sundaram on suggestion from GM.
As of now, i do not experience any pulling.however need to see the status aftrer tyre rotation.
raaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 14:46   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaga View Post
Pulling problem got resolved on my Car after changing the tyre to Machelin. Got the new set of tyre free of Cost from Sundaram on suggestion from GM.
As of now, i do not experience any pulling.however need to see the status aftrer tyre rotation.
Thats really good, i love GM for this recently got front 2 break disk changed under warranty without any argument.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 19:18   #351
BHPian

Default How about second hand Optra Magnum Diesel

Hi,
I really do not intend to start a parallel thread in this nor hijack the thread with my question. I want a lot of help on deciding if a second hand Magnum is a good choice. Hence posting this question here as the thread revolves around the car that I am thinking to own in a few days/months.

A used car Optra Magnum Diesel LS Feb 2008 model, 15K run is available. The quoted price is about 6.9 L. Is it worth the quoted price?

Would you recommend a GM car
1. in current market news about GM US?
2. considering how GM fares in India wrt sales & service?

Please let me know if it is really heavy on the pocket as I might not get the advantage of the GM zero cost ownership plan that is extended to new cars.

Owners of this car & residing in Delhi/Noida - please advise as well.
forbhaskarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 12:46   #352
Senior - BHPian

As far as i know GM is progressing well in India & are ready to launch Cruz may be in month of sept against of civic & corolla.
And a small car early by year end.

But you need to be little worried with the low resale value of the car & poor A.S.S when compared to Maruti,Hyundai,Honda,Toyota.

As far as the vehicle is concerned,no comments it a brilliant vehicle with rear seat comfort,has good interiors and class above with diesel heart and zooms 0-100 in 9.8 sec dash with 120bhp and has 314 enormous amt of torque under the hood.

Negotiate little hard and strike for a deal.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 20th July 2009 at 12:47.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 14:15   #353
BHPian

Buy the LT, its worth the money spent over for safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Hi,
I really do not intend to start a parallel thread in this nor hijack the thread with my question. I want a lot of help on deciding if a second hand Magnum is a good choice. Hence posting this question here as the thread revolves around the car that I am thinking to own in a few days/months.

A used car Optra Magnum Diesel LS Feb 2008 model, 15K run is available. The quoted price is about 6.9 L. Is it worth the quoted price?

Would you recommend a GM car
1. in current market news about GM US?
2. considering how GM fares in India wrt sales & service?

Please let me know if it is really heavy on the pocket as I might not get the advantage of the GM zero cost ownership plan that is extended to new cars.

Owners of this car & residing in Delhi/Noida - please advise as well.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 15:51   #354
BHPian

@ Ramsagar - Thanks. But I am also worried about the spare part costs 'cuz I may not be able to get the Maintenance plan.

@Airwind - I have yet not finalized on the car. But then, I haven't found an LT version which has run not more than 15K-20K & 1-1.5 years old. I really do not want to go beyond that while buying a used car.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:05   #355
Senior - BHPian

Parts are on a bit costlier side.. try to get one with maintenance package.

(Petrol-CNG Optra Owner)
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 09:37   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Ramsagar - Thanks. But I am also worried about the spare part costs 'cuz I may not be able to get the Maintenance plan.

@Airwind - I have yet not finalized on the car. But then, I haven't found an LT version which has run not more than 15K-20K & 1-1.5 years old. I really do not want to go beyond that while buying a used car.
Yes,you may not get one with the maintenance plan.Get in touch with all GM showrooms in ur area & see if you can opt for any maintenance plan on the car u purchase.
just try if its workout.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:03   #357
BHPian

I believe spares of Magnum are not really expensive, from my personal experience.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:00   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
I believe spares of Magnum are not really expensive, from my personal experience.

I really hope that is the case. When I was searching for a new car sometime last year , I asked for spare part prices for Optra Magnum Diesel from Shiva Motors in Noida. The sales guy sent me this document with comparison between Optra Magnum TCDi, Elantra CRDi, Octavia D.

As I did't know how valid this is, hence my earlier question to car owners.
Attached Files
File Type: doc optra bo.doc (1.21 MB, 553 views)
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:02   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really hope that is the case. When I was searching for a new car sometime last year , I asked for spare part prices for Optra Magnum Diesel from Shiva Motors in Noida. The sales guy sent me this document with comparison between Optra Magnum TCDi, Elantra CRDi, Octavia D.

As I did't know how valid this is, hence my earlier question to car owners.
Yes I agree,but you need to have patience for long waiting of spares to arrive & GM service people are irresponsible,lot of phone calls & mails to HO make them straight.
But you u need to bear all this for sheer pleasure of the vehicle.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:00   #360
BHPian

No action on this forum? looks like all magnums are doing great, no problems at all. in fact mine is doing fantastic. Gave it for 25k service today, things TBD, breakpad replacement and usual 25k service. car has done 25751kms so far.