Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th December 2009, 14:28   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
also one of the rear damper needed replacement at 20k but this was due to my 17"s on the car.
other mods include a endcan , a custom bumper and projector headlamps..
Badly wanted to the see the pics of vehicle shod with 17" alloys. Can't imagine..ohhhh

Need separate pics of custom bumper and projector headlamps.

How is the ride quality? should be on a harsher side. BTW on what tires is it running on?

Last edited by Ramsagar : 11th December 2009 at 14:30.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 10:05   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
I love the power and holding myself back to push it on highways and just getting it used to city traffic and getting the overall feel before I start pushing it to the max on highways. Got Nitrogen air filled in all the 5 tyres for about Rs 150 and the Petrol Pump Owner claimed that I need to get the air filled/checked only after 3 months and it would cost Rs 5 per tyre. Hope this was a wise decision. I feel getting 9.6 in city driving conditions with AC is extremely good....would reqest inputs as I am still learning
nitrogen cost should be rs 20 per tyre for initial filling and rs 5 per tyre for top up
9.6 in the city is ok.i get between 9 to 10 in the city and between 12 to 14 on the highway depending on the condition of the road and the traffic and the driving style
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 11:24   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
nitrogen cost should be rs 20 per tyre for initial filling and rs 5 per tyre for top up
9.6 in the city is ok.i get between 9 to 10 in the city and between 12 to 14 on the highway depending on the condition of the road and the traffic and the driving style
I get the same and I had been cribbing about it .
My car has done 2000kms so far with 90% on highways. I got 13.5 and was hoping that it would improve after 2nd service.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:32   #394
BHPian

I touched 192km/hr on the way home from banglore.it just wouldnt go above that..and the fuel efficiency i got was 13.8km/l with speeds of 130-150km/hr average
nims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:45   #395
BHPian

192 kmph is way too fast for indian roads. Drive safe. enjoy your car.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:49   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Badly wanted to the see the pics of vehicle shod with 17" alloys. Can't imagine..ohhhh

Need separate pics of custom bumper and projector headlamps.

How is the ride quality? should be on a harsher side. BTW on what tires is it running on?
well the ride quality is still great.this just goes to show what terrific suspension the magnum has.
ill post the pics but i dont wanna hijack someones thread.

and 1 more thing if the gears are changed properly the car can touch an indicated 200km/h.
i did this on the NH-8 a couple of times ..
fiorano88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 18:03   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaga View Post
Pulling problem got resolved on my Car after changing the tyre to Machelin. Got the new set of tyre free of Cost from Sundaram on suggestion from GM.
As of now, i do not experience any pulling.however need to see the status aftrer tyre rotation.

Hi Raaga, I have been having this pulling problem from quite some time. After many complaints and a strong mail to GM, they are examining the vehicle. Will be getting the complete report today. As of now the Good years have been identified as the culprit. However the Good year engineer claims only the front left tyre is faulty. Since my vehicle has run about 28k it would make sense to change all tyres. Did Sundaram recommend Michelin in your case? Did you pay anything for the new tyres?
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 16:51   #398
BHPian

Even my magnum pulls to left, SA says, its bcoz of wider tyres (S-Drive 205/55/R15). May be possible, but i am not sure.

Last edited by throttleking : 13th January 2010 at 16:52.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:13   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
192 kmph is way too fast for indian roads. Drive safe. enjoy your car.
Aww.. comeon. . it was a three lane road and dad was with me so! i do drive safe and i am enjoying the car
nims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 12:46   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Hi Raaga, I have been having this pulling problem from quite some time. After many complaints and a strong mail to GM, they are examining the vehicle. Will be getting the complete report today. As of now the Good years have been identified as the culprit. However the Good year engineer claims only the front left tyre is faulty. Since my vehicle has run about 28k it would make sense to change all tyres. Did Sundaram recommend Michelin in your case? Did you pay anything for the new tyres?

GM has asked Sundaram to change 4 tyres. I am getting Appolo Accelere at half price. The rest will be paid by GM. Let me see if it still pulls or wobbles after changing the tyres.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:27   #401
BHPian

Hi Manoj- They did recommended Michelin Primacy and in my case they had changed all four tyre without any payment at 15k. Also they had changed speedo meter assembly as it was causing the rattling from dashborad. Last Saturday i got 20K service done and even after tyre rotation do not see any pulling so definitly Goodyear tyre was having some issue.
raaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:44   #402
BHPian

Kris- i am scared after seeing you fuel pump post. Can you please tell the manifacture month of your Magnum. I am going to Sundaram and get it checked soon. Planning for a long trip in second week of Feb
Old 21st January 2010, 11:16   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaga View Post
Hi Manoj- They did recommended Michelin Primacy and in my case they had changed all four tyre without any payment at 15k. Also they had changed speedo meter assembly as it was causing the rattling from dashborad. Last Saturday i got 20K service done and even after tyre rotation do not see any pulling so definitly Goodyear tyre was having some issue.
They have said that they are using Apollo tyre on all new vehicles and haven't encountered any problem with the tyre. They advised me to go with it, since my vehicle had run 27k they asked me to bear 50% of the cost. Anyways I want to get out of this problem now. I guess Michelin will have to be the next tyre.
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:19   #404
BHPian

I am thinking of changing my rocket's filter to the K&N filter. Would like to hear from other Magnum owner about experience with K&N filter.Please share pros and cons.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:20   #405
BHPian

Hey fellow chevy Tcdi Lovers, do not see any update since long.Please come on and fuel this thred again.