Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th February 2010, 21:16   #406
BHPian

i read in newspaper that the LS version now comes loades with ABS and automatic climate control,while the latter doesnt matter to me,is the news about ABS true?
can anyone please clarify.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 11:20   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaga View Post
I am thinking of changing my rocket's filter to the K&N filter. Would like to hear from other Magnum owner about experience with K&N filter.Please share pros and cons.
Had enquired about K&N earlier. They do not have stock air filters for Magnum. You will have to put in the performance filter. I personally did not want to put in performance filter.
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 12:26   #408
BHPian

I read this on Sunday's TOI and the LS TDCi was quoted 8.49L ex-showroom Delhi, but the website doesnt mention this!. Best ask your nearest dealer.

If true, this is a great package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
i read in newspaper that the LS version now comes loades with ABS and automatic climate control,while the latter doesnt matter to me,is the news about ABS true?
can anyone please clarify.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 20:32   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I read this on Sunday's TOI and the LS TDCi was quoted 8.49L ex-showroom Delhi, but the website doesnt mention this!. Best ask your nearest dealer.

If true, this is a great package.
yes i guess the point about pricing was a bit strange too because an ex showroom price of 8.49 will translate to more than one lakh price difference between the LS and LT model as no discounts were mentioned on the LT model.Further my dealer has no such information about the changes.
Old 15th April 2010, 07:41   #410
BHPian

Hi Optra Magnum Lovers

We have a Optra Magnum TDCI LT about 6 months old. Have noticed that the cooling is quite poor compared to other cars - equals a santro. Is this standard or could it be some issue. Primary checking of the compressor, coolant etc reveals no problem. We just set it on automatic and drive.
psathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 10:58   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi Optra Magnum Lovers

We have a Optra Magnum TDCI LT about 6 months old. Have noticed that the cooling is quite poor compared to other cars - equals a santro. Is this standard or could it be some issue. Primary checking of the compressor, coolant etc reveals no problem. We just set it on automatic and drive.
I felt the same when i moved from Palio to Magnum but now i dont feel the same. Either i am use to it or it might have improved. I think its improved over a period without any work done on it.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 12:05   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Optra Magnum Lovers

I've not had problems with cooling, however I have the manual A/C in my car. The new ones have ACC, so I cannot comment on it.
Old 16th April 2010, 01:01   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Optra Magnum Lovers

I have a 4 month old Magnum. I do feel the rate of cooling is not as good as my previous car(Santro). But it is not bad either. The only sore thing is the noise when the cooler is set to Auto during a hot day.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 10:13   #414
BHPian

i have a 1 month old optra magnum LS,and there is A.C water coming inside the car near the passenger seat.Went to service center last sunday to get it checked but the water didnt come in service center.Later I realised that it only comes when I drive my car for long hours in the sun.What can be the issue guys?
Secondly,there is a huge hissing sound from below the car.the service center guys changed the fuel pump at first service but it didnt help.Help me!!

Note: Mods please move the post to appropriate thread if needed.I felt this is the right place to post.
Old 17th April 2010, 02:56   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
i have a 1 month old optra magnum LS,and there is A.C water coming inside the car near the passenger seat.Went to service center last sunday to get it checked but the water didnt come in service center.Later I realised that it only comes when I drive my car for long hours in the sun.What can be the issue guys?
Secondly,there is a huge hissing sound from below the car.the service center guys changed the fuel pump at first service but it didnt help.Help me!!

Note: Mods please move the post to appropriate thread if needed.I felt this is the right place to post.
The water leakage is from the AC vent. I had the same exact problem post first service. There was some wiring issues under the passenger dash. It took 15 mins for the service centre guys to fix it.
Iam not sure what that hissing sound is.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 18:17   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I have a 4 month old Magnum. I do feel the rate of cooling is not as good as my previous car(Santro). But it is not bad either. The only sore thing is the noise when the cooler is set to Auto during a hot day.
My magnum LT is with manual AC (no ACC). I too feel that the AC is not strong enough for a car of this class. Swift feels better than this.

And if i put the blower on max, its too noisy and the cooling just dies. Its better off on 3. The noise and the lack of cooling can become embarssing sometimes.

BTW, is this also observed on the VGIS Optra Magnum?

Last edited by benzinblut : 17th April 2010 at 18:24.
benzinblut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 15:03   #417
BHPian

While i was driving last week , ECM failure light came up. I called the service center and they tool my car to service station. They then informed me its a fuel filter failure and i need to replace it at my cost of 22k. I was shocked to hear that as my car just did 30 Kms and i get regularly serviced. They said failure can happen because of electric failure and nothing can be done. They said few captivas also had the same issue. He said as the car was out of warranty , i need to pay it. I told him its ridiculous if I need to pay this. It went without an hint of it and best part is i got the car serviced only 200kms before it happened. I then requested him to check with company to change under warranty. He said it will not happen but he will try if i insist. I then called him in evening and he said i will change it now but if something goes wrong then i need to pay. I agreed. They fixed and returned me the car only charging for break down around Rs 600.

Now i am not sure if i should feel happy or not. I feel they had to change but just made me feel they doing an obligation by not charging me or he really helped me to get it replaced with out charging me.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:15   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
While i was driving last week , ECM failure light came up. I called the service center and they tool my car to service station. They then informed me its a fuel filter failure and i need to replace it at my cost of 22k. I was shocked to hear that as my car just did 30 Kms and i get regularly serviced. They said failure can happen because of electric failure and nothing can be done. They said few captivas also had the same issue. He said as the car was out of warranty , i need to pay it. I told him its ridiculous if I need to pay this. It went without an hint of it and best part is i got the car serviced only 200kms before it happened. I then requested him to check with company to change under warranty. He said it will not happen but he will try if i insist. I then called him in evening and he said i will change it now but if something goes wrong then i need to pay. I agreed. They fixed and returned me the car only charging for break down around Rs 600.

Now i am not sure if i should feel happy or not. I feel they had to change but just made me feel they doing an obligation by not charging me or he really helped me to get it replaced with out charging me.
What? Fuel filter costs 22K . Can you please elaborate buddy?
benzinblut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 15:59   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
What? Fuel filter costs 22K . Can you please elaborate buddy?
Sorry i meant fuel pump.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:36   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Sorry i meant fuel pump.
Did you ask him the possible reasons why this could have happened?