Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th February 2012, 01:14   #466
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDi ... My new love ..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Even my magnum pulls to left, SA says, its bcoz of wider tyres (S-Drive 205/55/R15). May be possible, but i am not sure.

I too have the same problem of the vehicle getting pulled to the left. Did do wheel alignment, balancing and rotation recently, but the problem still persists. My car runs on Apollo Accelere and has done around 10K.
deepeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 01:24   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
They have said that they are using Apollo tyre on all new vehicles and haven't encountered any problem with the tyre. They advised me to go with it, since my vehicle had run 27k they asked me to bear 50% of the cost. Anyways I want to get out of this problem now. I guess Michelin will have to be the next tyre.

Hi Manoj, Could you tell me how your Apollo tyres are fairing? Howmay Km have you driven in your new tyres and pl let me know your feedback.
Old 24th February 2012, 01:39   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Did you ask him the possible reasons why this could have happened?

As per my Knowledge Magnum 2008 models did have a fuel pump issue. The reason being the faulty pump failed to provide the necessary fuel as per the requirements of a 2Ltr engine. Unfortunately Chevy did not go about in recalling the vehicles and change it. Those vehiles under warranty and had the issue was replaced free of cost. The new pump comes with a yellow marking unlike the old one with blue marking. I am told by the Service center guy that to see it you need to look under the seat and not the bonnet. The new models are free of this deffect as the fuel pump has been corrected.
Old 24th February 2012, 09:48   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
I too have the same problem of the vehicle getting pulled to the left. Did do wheel alignment, balancing and rotation recently, but the problem still persists. My car runs on Apollo Accelere and has done around 10K.
Well after my Yoko S-drive finished doing 38k I changed them, and got ES100s, pulling problem reduced to a great extent.

BTW, read tbhp rules before posting, you could use quote+ option for multiquote.

Last edited by throttleking : 24th February 2012 at 09:49.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 12:34   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Manoj, Could you tell me how your Apollo tyres are fairing? Howmay Km have you driven in your new tyres and pl let me know your feedback.
Tyres have been awesome, touchwood. The wobbling is gone and the vehicle feels much more stable at high speeds. The odo reads about 52k now and the tyres look like they have more than half of their life left. I had changed one tyre when they were pretty new (must have run about 3k). That was due to a bubble formation, i did not see a ditch on the way to Pondicherry and the tyre got hit at a speed above 100. I guess any tyre would have been damaged on such kind of impact.
manojgautham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 12:43   #471
BHPian

Quote:
As per my Knowledge Magnum 2008 models did have a fuel pump issue. The reason being the faulty pump failed to provide the necessary fuel as per the requirements of a 2Ltr engine. Unfortunately Chevy did not go about in recalling the vehicles and change it. Those vehiles under warranty and had the issue was replaced free of cost. The new pump comes with a yellow marking unlike the old one with blue marking. I am told by the Service center guy that to see it you need to look under the seat and not the bonnet. The new models are free of this deffect as the fuel pump has been corrected.
Even my car's fuel pump conked. Luckily the car was under warranty and I got the new fuel pump free of cost.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:45   #472
BHPian

Apart from Kropex, does anyone know a good service centre for the Magnum in south Bangalore? I seem to have some problem in the front right suspension / tyre.
Old 24th February 2012, 17:10   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Have you felt any difference in driving comfort as nitrogen does not expand and tyre pressure remains under check. I mean is it noticable? Serioulsy thinking of fillin mine with Nitrogen as well.
I have tried nitrogen on both my cars and I have not felt any difference in the drive feel. But yes, you can avoid frequent air checks by filling nitrogen. But I don't know whether it is seriously worth the time and money.
ganeshram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 15:40   #474
BHPian

Quote:
...... The new pump comes with a yellow marking unlike the old one with blue marking. I am told by the Service center guy that to see it you need to look under the seat and not the bonnet. The new models are free of this deffect as the fuel pump has been corrected.
Where on the pump is this yellow or blue sticker?

Quote:
Even my car's fuel pump conked. Luckily the car was under warranty and I got the new fuel pump free of cost.
Did the company charge you for the labor? How long did the procedure take? Whats the cost of a new fuel pump?

I suspect a fuel pump failure for my car. Can you please help me with your views on this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2694073 (Too many problems with my new Chevrolet Optra Magnum)

Last edited by benzinblut : 26th February 2012 at 15:42.
benzinblut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 15:42   #475
BHPian

[quote=benzinblut;2694082]Where on the pump is this yellow or blue sticker?

Sorry Mate, not sure about that....
Old 4th March 2012, 18:02   #476
BHPian

[quote=deepeshh;2702266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Where on the pump is this yellow or blue sticker?

Sorry Mate, not sure about that....
The sticker is on the pump.

FYI it was a fuel pump failure. GM did not extend goodwill warranty. I got the pump replaced on my cost. I have posted this on another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-magnum-6.html (Too many problems with my new Chevrolet Optra Magnum)
benzinblut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 18:18   #477
BHPian

Hey Beanstalk and other Optra Magnum Owners, I am looking forward to find myself a used Optra Magnum Diesel in Mumbai in the coming months in the ~4-5lacs range. I've decided on this car after reading about its shear performance oriented engine.

I wanted to know what issues can I expect in a 4-6years old Optra Diesel? Is it going to be hogh on maintenance? How much would reworking parts like Suspension, timing belt etc cost? Is the car prone to rusting? Does it even make sense buying an old Optra diesel?

Last edited by Zenster : 27th April 2012 at 18:22.
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 09:19   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Edit: sorry just noticed you wanted it in mumbai. I had initially looked at your location which said bangalore. post reported for deletion
Hey, No worries.. Yeah I am moving back home to Mumbai so wanted Info on the Magnum in mumbai. But any info generic to the 0.5cal Magnum is more than welcome.
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 19:14   #479
BHPian

My car's A/C is not cooling anymore. Went to a A/C mechanic, he suggested this is a problem with the Compressor pressure valve and this is a common problem with Optras. He has told me the cost of the valve is Rs 4200 + 2000 for labour & gas.
Has anyone here faced a similar problem earlier?
Old 12th June 2012, 12:28   #480
BHPian

New update: vehicle is now at Kropex. They are checking the car. Compressor valve costs 2200 here.