Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th May 2008, 09:41   #166
BHPian

Talking

i am kinda busy with work!! once i get the time i will start a dedicated thread to give you guys the funda of CRS and UPS . i cant let out any BOSCH related info but the common priciples etc can be shared!!.

so till then peace out.
sameel
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 11:37   #167
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great discussion there, guys. I would love to see your inputs on this thread (Petes box - Disadvantages?) too. I think the two of you would have some valuable stuff to add.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2008 at 11:38.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 23:33   #168
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Hi Dr. But I've slaved My nice young years on building a Crdi Engine.
Saw your photograph and you look too young to qualify for the above statement. You make me sound like a walking Egyptian mummy with that interpretation of slaving your young years and you are only born in 1981.
Just joking.
Thanks for the info and hope sameel finds time to give more inputs.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 23:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

Smile 40,000 KMS Update and a Minor Accident

Just took out the car last week and noticed that the ODO read 40,100 KMs now that rings bells for me to take the car for the paid service after this service the car is in extended warranty. The car was given to Trident Hyundai with the following issues to rectify.

1. Engine shuddering at low RPMS in firt gear and reverse gear
2. Blocked wind shield washers
3. Rattling from rear tray
4. Suspension noise from front left hand side.
5. Standard oil changes

Very normal service gave the car at 1000 Hrs and got it back at 1800 Hrs, Ran a bill of about Rs 5000.On the way back it was raining heavily so the water service was gone to waste bill ,The engne shuddering at the lower RPM was due to a hard clutch , the service guys simply bled he clutch and the car is back to normal. I was sort of suspecting damaged engine mounting but luckily they were checked and certified healthy by the A.S.S.

So next day morning i take out the car, park it in front of my apartment complex and instruct the watchman to give the vehicle a wash , I go back up and in about an hours time the watch man comes running up .With news that my neighbor who had recently brought a pre owned zen backed up his car into mine and has damaged both left side doors. So i run down and the guy had the nerve to drive off saying that get I can get the work done and he will pay up for the work. Now I take the car to the Hyundai A.S.S and they give me a quotation for Rs 12K inclusive of taxes for tinkering and painting of the two front doors.

I give the guy the estimate and tell him to pay up. As of now i am in discussions with him to get the money , as i very clearly told him that i am not going to claim insurance for this and neither am i going to take any percentage of the bill amount.

Ok .. after this i drive to my church and its raining cats and dogs , suddenly my wife who is on the co drivers seat screams , and tells me that there is a lot of water inside he car! what the hell , as it is raining heavily i rule out stopping the car on the ring road and finding the source of the water , i reach back home and by that time there is about an inch and a half of water in the co drivers foot well.bail out the water and use the vacuum cleaner to blow dry the rest . lift up the floor mats to find that the impact pf the mornings hit had caused one of the floor board grommets to fall off and the AC condensed water drainage pipe to get punctured.

So next day off i go to trident to get this back in shape or else after every rain I will be bailing out inches of water from the co passengers foot well . Well as I suspected the exact grommet is not available and the ac drain pipe also seems to have sprung a leak. god know how, so both will have to be replaced and the parts are not available in Bangalore, so it means a weeks lead time to get these here from Chennai. So this week end have to go back to the A.S.S to get this resolved. In the mean while the A.S.s has conveyed that they will take at least 4 days to rectify accident repair of the door, so i guess it will have to wait till some time when I am free .

Thats all @ 40,000 KMS
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 09:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised at the AC drainage pipe getting punchured, how does a door hit effect the pipe!!!
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 10:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I am surprised at the AC drainage pipe getting punchured, how does a door hit effect the pipe!!!

Even i am surpised , but there is no other loigcal explanation to the damage, As till date i have not scraped thebottom of my car or neither has there ever been any sticks of such getting stuck in the floor. Anywasy teh damage is for real and will have to be recified.
Old 6th June 2008, 15:03   #172
Team-BHP Support

Hellstar, thats unfortunate to hear. So, would you be billing this to the Zen owner as well?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 15:30   #173
Team-BHP Support

After he has paid up, invite him to Team-Bhp ;p
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 20:19   #174
BHPian

I been having a small trouble with my Verna for the past week or so. The turbo boost which was earlier present and avaialble at around 1800 to 2000 RPM has siezed to exist. The engine revs to 4000 RPM without any percievable surge. This is particularly felt in the second gear. I showed this to Trident(Authorised service center, Bangalore), they have no clue, and their cheif mechanic even failed recognise it. Has anyone faced similar issues.
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 15:53   #175
Senior - BHPian

Oh lediablo i dont think there is any problem with the turbo , as if the turbo is already spooling on by the time you shift in top second gear the effect may not be as dramatic as it would have been. I also had a similar fee;omh after taking out my Pete's Box but then thats different.

Also do get your air filter checked and the quality of your fuel assured ! these two things affect the performance of the verna big time.

if still the problem persists I suggest you take the car to Trident hyundai , yeshwantpur branch for a check up and contact Service Advisior Sudhir, tell him that you're Anoop's friend (Silver Verna KL01AP6100) and he will take good care of your ride. Do tell him about your vehicle's history also and maybe even request that the head mechanic Mr.Raghu take a look at your ride.

Do remeber to keep us posted about the further developments
Old 10th June 2008, 17:51   #176
BHPian

@hellstar- thanks mate will do. I have tried using differnt types of fuel( premium & regular) from differnt vendors. However i have not been able make a decission on which is better. I also feel that the turbo/engine is temprature sensitive(behaves much better in cooler abient temperature), and consequently havent been able to decide efficacy of a particular fuel type. I was just about to get my car pete'd, when this happened. I intend to sort this out before peting it.

How is your car coming along after the accident. Hope things are headed in the right direction, and your apartment mate has agreed to shoulder the expenses.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lediablo View Post
@hellstar- thanks mate will do. I have tried using differnt types of fuel( premium & regular) from differnt vendors. However i have not been able make a decission on which is better. I also feel that the turbo/engine is temprature sensitive(behaves much better in cooler abient temperature), and consequently havent been able to decide efficacy of a particular fuel type. I was just about to get my car pete'd, when this happened. I intend to sort this out before peting it.

How is your car coming along after the accident. Hope things are headed in the right direction, and your apartment mate has agreed to shoulder the expenses.
I prefer to use Normal diesel from E fuel HP pumps , but while in need of a liittle more power ( like a Team BHP Night Drive to Mubagal) i use Premium fuel from HP ( Turbojet). I have noticed that with the Petes and the Turbojet the moke level increases but so does the power delivery.

I have notice improved performance in lower ambient temperature , thats one of the reasons hy i drive over night to my home town, trivandrum down south . Talking about the accident part the guy has not come home for the past three days i have to track this guy down it seems. the guy had the nerve to take the HYUDAI A.S.S. provided estimate and get it cross chcked with another service centre , but since the servoce advisor knows me there he got a mouthful it seems....after that the guy has not truned up at his house ..
Old 10th June 2008, 21:33   #178
BHPian

@ hellstar -The guy sounds cocky. Keep posting on the developments.
I'am planning to give the yeshwanthpur shop a visit tomorrow. I will update the results that.
Old 11th June 2008, 04:38   #179
BHPian

Even i use normal fuel i find it better..my car completed 32 k now going strong, find the clutch little hard , coz just brought a new verna so wen i drive the new one find the old one hard, but will get it checked.
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 11:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

hey pal do get ur clutch checked , i understand that the clutch life in Verna is not that great, actually i saw a car at the A.S.S with its clutch burnt out at 55K KMS.

The cost of replacing the cluch plates is pretty high at approx Rs 13000/- inclusive of taxes and labour.